Why does everyone act so hard IC?

LeNova

Something that really bothers me and makes me wonder why half or even more of the roleplayers do it?
Everybody thinks they have to go all hard all the time and don't do normal things anymore like go out to lunch with their moms, gangbangers going to church. Having friends that are not hardcore criminals and sharing some hobbies with them? You can't cry, you can't drop down after getting a good beating or half of the chars will frown up at you which makes me wonder do people actually think criminals in real life are not human anymore?

It's just that people focus a lot more on how badass they want their characters to look than how realistic things should be.
It just feels unfair too when you're rping shit and the other side is like "Well I am a tough motherfucker so you are just a bitch"
You don't see any hesitation in them, no regrets of their actions. People just do the wildest shit and go on with their lives as if it's a daily thing.

Like I I get guys that the chars are in a crime group but GOD crime groups are still made up of people who live their lives.
It does seem like people are detached from reality and are running on the mindset that criminals aren't human and don't express human emotions. Kind of a dangerous mindset to have. Not every criminal is going to be a cold sociopathic killer nor are they retired "Special Forces" to say.

What is your opinion on this?

• Upvote 13
  • Applaud 1

You'll find that the vast majority of people are like this, not just illegal role-players. Applies for PD/SD, for FD, even your regular civilians. Everyone's "seen it all", is a "trained MMA fighter" (as if that's the only fighting style in existance), has weapon knowledge and can put up a fight. Showing vulnerability is probably one of the most rare things here. Everyone wants to be seen either as the boss of the underworld, rich, famous, fearless, as a big-time billionaire CEO with 25 security cars following at all times, or just a regular who has it all.

And on the other side you have people who overdo it to the point where everything causes a major drama reaction, who always lose all interactions and such. Which is even more cringe.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
5 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

You'll find that the vast majority of people are like this, not just illegal role-players. Applies for PD/SD, for FD, even your regular civilians. Everyone's "seen it all", is a "trained MMA fighter" (as if that's the only fighting style in existance), has weapon knowledge and can put up a fight. Showing vulnerability is probably one of the most rare things here. Everyone wants to be seen either as the boss of the underworld, rich, famous, fearless, as a big-time billionaire CEO with 25 security cars following at all times, or just a regular who has it all.

And on the other side you have people who overdo it to the point where everything causes a major drama reaction, who always lose all interactions and such. Which is even more cringe.

Oh definitely the vast majority are like this, it's just from my personal experience that it's mostly crime chars, it's why I repeated it many times but I 100% agree it goes for every type of char here and it's really problematic. So with that said I don't want this to turn into a lets shit on crime chars, it goes to every type of char/individuals that does this type of stuff.

Because people decide on any concept and make their entire existence revolve around that one thing. Doesn't matter if it's gangbanging or baking. It's the same reason why people create a character from a particular place and decide that they have to embody all the cultural elements and trademarks of that culture, all the time.

The fact that you can shrug off biting more than you can chew through taking a PK if you meet your match and get shot doesn't help. Add to that the fact that there's a culture in the server through which gangbangers are accepted to act fearless and non-criminals are expected to show fear at all times, and you got a good rundown.

• Applaud 1

People RP cops because they're not cops IRL.

People RP medics because they're not medics IRL.

People RP Syrian Taxi drivers because they're not Syrian Taxi Drivers IRL.

Do people RP being very hard because... in IRL they're very weak?

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1