stop private dealerships

zaXer.

This should be locked behind a rule, because in real life no sane person would just roll their cars into a random parking lot and sell them there. People here obviously can and will do that. Which again boils down to the fact, that like it or not, some aspects of the game have to be locked behind some rules else people will do them, because they don't care about proper portrayal in a proper city.

I usually call 911 for illegal dealerships, when they're not over /ad. But I do highly agree with this, dealerships should only exist if you have a business for it. IRL you literally need a dealership license to deal cars like this, and you can only get a dealership license if you HAVE a lot already to store the cars on.

18 minutes ago, Screw said:

I usually call 911 for illegal dealerships, when they're not over /ad. But I do highly agree with this, dealerships should only exist if you have a business for it. IRL you literally need a dealership license to deal cars like this, and you can only get a dealership license if you HAVE a lot already to store the cars on.

I do the same personally, but with the /ads system being filled with private dealerships literally evades PM's request for no more dealerships.

It's just silly to me that this hasn't already been taken care of by LFM / PM / Management. There are so many more areas where RP is held to a "high standard" but this? It seems to just be ignored or pushed to the side when the solution is so very simple.

1) Limit /sellvehicle to 4 per month script-wise unless you're an approved dealership. If selling a car once a week isn't enough as a non-dealership / regular person, you should re-evaluate your IC character portrayal.

Maybe if you want to approach it from an illegal side, it should go through IFM/PM for approval for an illegal dealership, just as a legal dealership has to go through PM. Standards should be upheld on both sides. Right now, there are no standards for the illegal/non-licensed side. We have /vpark, /vget private dealerships. Very few of them actually spawn cars in a public lot because of the risk of doing so. I saw one recently, so bravo for being brave. That is a rare case though.

2) The rule should be written so that the advertisement (/ad - personal ad) system isn't to be used for selling cars if you're one of these private/text/unlicensed dealers. If you're a licensed dealership, you would use /bad or /cad regardless (or should). Selling a personal car? Sure. The script limitation I suggested above should keep personal sales in check.

It's not classified ads-worthy for people to look for a job in-game 20 / f / looking for all work but secretly want to be a stripper or asking for an Uber, but its classified ads-worthy they can post an ad selling 35 cars from their "personal collection" and that's okay. Makes sense 😅 It needs a very important look through.

Edited by Brofessor
3 minutes ago, Raven. said:

eQeF0Rf.png

This makes me question why no one steps in.

Does that say "tug" on the end, as in a tugboat? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Selling cars.... but also got a dock to store a tugboat illegally in the meantime. Wanna buy it? 😂

Edited by Brofessor
Just now, Raven. said:

eQeF0Rf.png

This makes me question why no one steps in.

Because of the new ad system, no one looks at advertising anymore; instead, they press the escape key and glance at the map to see what's open.
Back in the day, anyone who made a dumb ad would be scolded or punished on the spot.
There should be a method to set the ad system to default and have it stay that way without having to repeat the command.

• Upvote 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic