stop private dealerships

zaXer.

I think in general dealerships and private dealers should be looked at. You have people who work at proper scripted dealerships yet make ads like that in which are super long selling over 20 cars yet aren't based out of that dealership?

You have tiny dealerships with a tiny parking lot and a tiny building with 140+ cars in stock, like how the hell does that happen? Apart from one dealership I have been to (Vetrov) cars just seem to appear out of nowhere.

It's been an issue for a while and this topic was even unlocked for further discussion, yet seemingly not dealt with despite the support for the issue. Cell phone dealerships shouldn't be allowed. I get the allure of running an off-the-books dealership but it's simply a huge RPQM problem that is being left unchecked. Definitely needs looking into. These unofficial dealerships are definitely not spawning their cars in a lot they don't own and instead using /vp and /vg when needed. If you want to be a dealer, there's appropriate channels to become one. At the very least if you want to run an unlicensed dealership, you shouldn't be allowed to use the advertisement system and be forced to spawn the cars while you're actively buying and selling.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:58 AM, zaXer. said:

this is sadly very 10000% accurate. when you approach an admin, their response is 'report it'. why arent the admins actually taking some self initiative, do we have to chase after admins to tell them to do their job?

No joke. I once brought something up to an Admin on discord that actually had their DM's open and they told me to make a report in-game so they could handle it. I asked for clarification and they basically said without a report, they can't do anything because they don't want to be accused of "spying". How true that was or not? No idea, but that's what they told me word for word.

*Shrugs*

Edited by Brofessor
2 hours ago, Timzii said:

I was told you're a RPQM concern if you've got multiple vehicle for sale without having a scripted in dealership... Woowee.

So what if it's a concern, though? Apparently that doesn't matter. Unfortunately there's barely any (if any at all) self-intiative coming in most of these areas. Like... as I was saying before, everyone sees them, at all times, every day, in-game and on Discord, including admins, RPQM and management, yet no one does anything about them. This means that it's okay, realistic, perfectly fine, right? That's my takeaway anyway.

Sure, you can report them and then end up being clowned on for reporting for stupid petty stuff. Amazing.

1 hour ago, Brofessor said:

It's been an issue for a while and this topic was even unlocked for further discussion, yet seemingly not dealt with despite the support for the issue.

Honestly, how many of these big/huge issues do you think are not well-known? Shitty dealerships, piss poor portrayal, mall rats, unrealistic characters and dm squads, trucking, all of these are issues that are well-know and have been a thing for years. Not IC years, real-life years. Thousands are aware of them - players, staff and management - and they're constantly being brought up with complaints and possible solutions, yet 0 is being done about then. Nada. Absolutely nothing. They're not even being acknowledged.

How can we even expect this to be addressed? All we're ever told is to report it, but then the report is ignored; to suggest it, but then the suggestion is ignored; to debate it, but the debates just fizzles out and it's ignored. 

On 3/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, sCrax said:

Yeah lol same as when you post "looking for work" type of ads as a male and get punished for it. Unless you are a 20 y/o latina willing to do anything, that right there gets a pass.

LOL yeah.

'Looking for work' ads are against the rules and you'll get a kick. But 'Young female looking for work' ads are perfectly acceptable.

8 hours ago, Junx said:

Agreed, I want to go and look at cars, not have to Google the name from a text advert to see what it is.

This one pretty much. I am looking for a new car on one of my characters and all I see are phone dealerships, but rarely any actual dealership openings anymore aside from Vetrov in Rockford Hills.

I understand if one occasionally sells 1-3 cars or their old car, but blowing out of proportion with excess 8 vehicles in an imaginary parking lot is just too much. And don't even get me started on the roleplay quality on most of these sales.

6 hours ago, orca112 said:

This one pretty much. I am looking for a new car on one of my characters and all I see are phone dealerships, but rarely any actual dealership openings anymore aside from Vetrov in Rockford Hills.

I understand if one occasionally sells 1-3 cars or their old car, but blowing out of proportion with excess 8 vehicles in an imaginary parking lot is just too much. And don't even get me started on the roleplay quality on most of these sales.

It is called employee shortage, rarely anyone opens, cause people are busy irl and nearly no one wants to roleplay working anymore. It's not just dealerships, but also other venues. From stable dealerships, which tend to open at times I could list Vetrov, Hawk Motors, Sandy Shores Autos and Paleto dealership. Maybe there's more, but these are what I like to call the big four.

40 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

It is called employee shortage, rarely anyone opens, cause people are busy irl and nearly no one wants to roleplay working anymore. It's not just dealerships, but also other venues. From stable dealerships, which tend to open at times I could list Vetrov, Hawk Motors, Sandy Shores Autos and Paleto dealership. Maybe there's more, but these are what I like to call the big four.

I've seen a LOT of dealerships sell things over the market price of the car. Thats what turns people off.

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Problem is that the shortage is OOC. You can't fix it ICly. At the end of the day, most people don't want to log in to idle behind a counter for 5 hours and interact with 3-4 people in the most basic way. 

[21:49:05] [Advertisement] [4SALE] Argento-VSTR-Raiden-Comet S2-Buffalo STX-Calico-Huntley S-Felon GT-Tailgater S-Dubsta Sport-Buffalo Hellhound-Sultan Classic RS-Dominator ASP-SG3 Sedan-Ariant-Oracle-Sentinel XS-Scout-Gauntlet V6-Guardian-Contender Retro-Haku-Issi Classic - PH: #XXXX
  • Wuhtah locked this topic