stop private dealerships

zaXer.

20 hours ago, Jax said:

Because of the new ad system, no one looks at advertising anymore; instead, they press the escape key and glance at the map to see what's open.
Back in the day, anyone who made a dumb ad would be scolded or punished on the spot.
There should be a method to set the ad system to default and have it stay that way without having to repeat the command.

Surely it doesn’t take long for an admin to browse /ads every so often though. I know they’re busy but it’s part of the rules, thus something they should be looking at. The larger issue at hand is that it’s not technically against any rules, even though it is dumb. Poor RP maybe? Sure. Filing an RPQM report every time someone posts a shitty ad? Borderline excessive. This whole thing just needs to be addressed instead of being outright ignored. 

It’s the lack of consistency. Why go through PM and do it right when I can just get a cell phone and run a /vpark, /vget dealership through ads with zero accountability? Reporting it? Can you imagine how much more work that create by filing reports for everyone that does this? 😂 Just tackle it head on. Hell I’d even support a huge, coordinated IC push by PD to arrest these people and massively fine them for operating illegally. A few undercover operations as a buyer or a seller to get enough evidence should do the trick. Would they spend the time to? I don’t know. But do something.

Edited by Brofessor
  • 2 weeks later...

Just posting from my perspective (Galaxy Customs)

I think having a private market for dealers is good, sure- some of the ads provided in this thread are outright silly. I'd like to just say, whereas I don't have a dealership (lease req pending currently) I have been actively roleplaying and updating my site now for just over a year, branding myself as a vehicle broker.

I've also owned property from the very start to house my vehicles realistically. First, started off in Paleto only selling vehicles under wholesale to other dealerships, cheap cars, low profits. As I built up my wealth, I moved more into a public market.

I've detailed all of this company building alongside our racing team for SASCAR, Pfister Super Cup and LSORA. I've paid out of pocket myself for my website and domain for over a year just so I could have a more of a professional look than other people and really hone in on whats considered realistic. ( https://www.galaxycustomsls.com )

So what I'm trying to say here is that if you roleplay spamming ads with no actual company to back it up, nor development on how you got that amount of wealth/vehicles to sell, I believe it to be an issue to raise to RPQM. But from other private non-dealership people such as myself, we should be left out of this and I'm glad whilst looking through the replies to this thread, no one has mentioned me, which gives me a good sense of knowledge about the legitimacy of my practices in terms of realism etc. 

tldr; don't impose script limitations because some of us actually do have businesses that are not scripted but we do them right, cheers

2 hours ago, PapaJarad said:

Just posting from my perspective (Galaxy Customs)

I think having a private market for dealers is good, sure- some of the ads provided in this thread are outright silly. I'd like to just say, whereas I don't have a dealership (lease req pending currently) I have been actively roleplaying and updating my site now for just over a year, branding myself as a vehicle broker.

I've also owned property from the very start to house my vehicles realistically. First, started off in Paleto only selling vehicles under wholesale to other dealerships, cheap cars, low profits. As I built up my wealth, I moved more into a public market.

I've detailed all of this company building alongside our racing team for SASCAR, Pfister Super Cup and LSORA. I've paid out of pocket myself for my website and domain for over a year just so I could have a more of a professional look than other people and really hone in on whats considered realistic. ( https://www.galaxycustomsls.com )

So what I'm trying to say here is that if you roleplay spamming ads with no actual company to back it up, nor development on how you got that amount of wealth/vehicles to sell, I believe it to be an issue to raise to RPQM. But from other private non-dealership people such as myself, we should be left out of this and I'm glad whilst looking through the replies to this thread, no one has mentioned me, which gives me a good sense of knowledge about the legitimacy of my practices in terms of realism etc. 

tldr; don't impose script limitations because some of us actually do have businesses that are not scripted but we do them right, cheers

Usually I'd agree, but: others have to undergo scrutiny from PM and are told they can't do it because they won't hand out more of the scripts or because their roleplay or backstory to do it isn't up to par.

Further: Do you have an IC business license for it? (as far as I can see you don't) And you don't RP under the radar, so you're not scared of getting caught either (you have a website for it), despite ICly needing a license to operate legally. One could call lack of enforcement of IC law IC, but it hardly makes sense if you run a legitimate business like Galaxy Customs to also run an underground one. There's a reason this type of RP is script limited. Too many of these businesses is not realistic and dries up the RP and available players for it. Having a script also makes it so that there's an easier way to check the RP quality surrounding it. From your explanation you developed it really nicely, but you're avoiding the regulations set in place both IC (from what I can find) and OOC.

I don't like script limitations either, I agree with you on that, so ideally everyone could just do it, as long as they follow IC law or accept the consequences if they don't, but when there's OOC control on something, no matter how much it sucks, adhere to it.

One thing I saw at a quick glance (nitpicking I know): A Komoda with a bodykit digging into the dirt, isn't in the right place and doesn't shout roleplay quality:

gta-world-camera-2022-4-14-15-45-27_edit

I believe you to be of sound enough mind to see why people don't think it's a good idea to let those businesses be ran without any control or check, after seeing your ability to formulate a response.

Edited by Triple Seven
grammar
18 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

Usually I'd agree, but: others have to undergo scrutiny from PM and are told they can't do it because they won't hand out more of the scripts or because their roleplay or backstory to do it isn't up to par.

Further: Do you have an IC business license for it? (as far as I can see you don't) And you don't RP under the radar, so you're not scared of getting caught either (you have a website for it), despite ICly needing a license to operate legally. One could call lack of enforcement of IC law IC, but it hardly makes sense if you run a legitimate business like Galaxy Customs to also run an underground one. There's a reason this type of RP is script limited. Too many of these businesses is not realistic and dries up the RP and available players for it. Having a script also makes it so that there's an easier way to check the RP quality surrounding it. From your explanation you developed it really nicely, but you're avoiding the regulations set in place both IC (from what I can find) and OOC.

I don't like script limitations either, I agree with you on that, so ideally everyone could just do it, as long as they follow IC law or accept the consequences if they don't, but when there's OOC control on something, no matter how much it sucks, adhere to it.

One thing I saw at a quick glance (nitpicking I know): A Komoda with a bodykit digging into the dirt, isn't in the right place and doesn't shout roleplay quality:

gta-world-camera-2022-4-14-15-45-27_edit

I believe you to be of sound enough mind to see why people don't think it's a good idea to let those businesses be ran without any control or check, after seeing your ability to formulate a response.

Absolutely I can agree that people need to be kept in check; as for the licensing department side of things, I’m not aware of any licensing that would surround specifically a brokerage; I’ve had this discussion I believe 6(?) months ago with someone who RPly worked at city hall of which they asked if I had a license to run such a business, to which I told them once they found the specific license I need to operate the business I do, I’ll happily apply for it and get fire Marshall’s to inspect my building etc.

Going into the Komoda picture, that part of the website as made today and that was just one of the most recent pictures I’ve taken IG, so it’s not fully fleshed out as of yet.

Again, I agree that people really need to be held to some sort of standard when magically appearing out of thin air with 20+ cars somehow in a one space garage, but on the other hand, I think I present a reasonable case in which why some (not all) non script vehicle resellers don’t deserve the bad wrap which is implied here, it really just comes down to how you develop yourself and go about it.

8 minutes ago, PapaJarad said:

Again, I agree that people really need to be held to some sort of standard when magically appearing out of thin air with 20+ cars somehow in a one space garage, but on the other hand, I think I present a reasonable case in which why some (not all) non script vehicle resellers don’t deserve the bad wrap which is implied here, it really just comes down to how you develop yourself and go about it.

But not you? That's the point here.

On 4/25/2022 at 5:17 PM, Triple Seven said:

I dislike barriers of entry in general. However, experience tells me that without some sort of PM scrutiny, allowing players to sell more than x amount of cars per month is inevitably going to lead to the situation we have now, where people abuse game and script mechanics to hold a massive inventory without realistic consequences.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

I dislike barriers of entry in general. However, experience tells me that without some sort of PM scrutiny, allowing players to sell more than x amount of cars per month is inevitably going to lead to the situation we have now, where people abuse game and script mechanics to hold a massive inventory without realistic consequences.

Sadly even dealerships abuse this. There's a dealership with over 200 vehicles in stock. Where are those kept? In the sewers and brought up to the street level on some fancy lift? The warehouse certainly doesn't seem large enough to house that many cars.

The "buying all of your cars" sort of adverts also have to go. People should be picky about what they buy, they shouldn't just buy up every available car just cause they think they'll be able to turn profits. Car sales should be taxed more and circumventing the script should be against the rules.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

yes, I know people can’t handle the responsibility, sadly. Like you say, barriers of entry are essentially unwanted imo. It’s a shame they are needed, though if people can just do what they want, which appears to be the case, then the barrier of entry doesn’t work. Couple that with a huge lack of enforcement (people are kicked for typing “maxed out” in their ads, but seemingly not even asked about their roleplay when they private ad a ton of cars) and with the fact the barrier of entry only creates more work and burns admins out from the looks of it, and the barrier of entry is pointless.

Regardless, I’ve advocated a major overhaul for the eco system for years now, it doesn’t appear to be a point of attention to the server at all.

Edited by Triple Seven
  • Wuhtah locked this topic