Computer crashes and restarts with no error when I connect

The title pretty much describes what issue I'm having...

My PC crashes with no error and then restarts when I try to connect a server (usually GTA World), I'm gonna guess it's because of EAC, because I did not have this problem prior to EAC being added to Rage, I've tried disabling Steam and Discord overlays, I've even tried disabling my antivirus to see if that was the issue, no such luck. So I've concluded that the problem is EAC or something.

My computer has Windows 10, a Ryzen 3 3600 processor, and an Nvidia GTX 1660 TI graphics card (brand new, only a few months old).

Singleplayer and GTA Online work fine, my PC only crashes whenever I try connecting to a Rage server. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Your PC may restart due to overheating. In a computer, it's usually the processor or the graphics card that overheats. A typical cause is a dust. When a "coat" of microparticles accumulates on the coolers, they interfere with the normal operation of the fans and shorten their life. In addition, the dust interferes with the cooling. A spontaneous restart of a clogged computer is a typical phenomenon. To restore order "under the hood" without going into the nuances is quite simple. A user who isn't experienced in computer hardware can cope with this task. It's important to do it in time. Otherwise, you will have to resort to raid data recovery service.

Edited by Kimloap

PC restarts are typically caused by CPU overheating. I had the same problem before. Whenever I play GTA V, my PC just crashes randomly. All I did was revert my OC back to stock and that sorted out the problem. Might work for you too if you have OCd your CPU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic