Facebrowser Moderation being taken IC

Fireworks

1 hour ago, Sim said:

to solve this "LEOS CANT KEEP TRACK OF GANGBANGERS!!" issue a script where you need to link an IC phone number for 2FA could work, you make an account, you link your phone once through a code and a text message and that's it, instead of having to link your UCP and whateverthefuck one can just keep it IC and link their in game phone through in game means for an in game platform such as facebrowser, unless it's impossible which I doubt because you can very much get offline texts now

I don't believe LEO's need to get onto facebrowser to catch criminals, I believe it should be kept as a platform that allows them to have a bit of fun and brag about whatever it is they're doing. Let's be honest, most people roleplay piss poor criminals who eventually get caught on the server really easily, then cry we're robocops for doing our job.

Regardless how "bad" a photo being deleted is, it's being deleted by a GTA World administrator. People are still proceeding to take this IC which is literal metagame due to it being removed for a breach of an OOC rule. It looks incredibly stupid when people take this IC. If there's a valid issue with the deletion of a photo that was posted, and the player feels so strongly about it; which I assume they are OOC due to the time they've devotated to making said image, then there are correct ways to deal with that. Taking the deletion IC is not the way to go and is simply mixing.

8 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

Regardless how "bad" a photo being deleted is, it's being deleted by a GTA World administrator. People are still proceeding to take this IC which is literal metagame due to it being removed for a breach of an OOC rule.

I ask again:

Is it possible this is due to a lack of clear communication?

I have a hard time believing people in mass ignoring explicit administrator orders (even I am able to do as told, lol).

If this really happens frequently it looks like a clear indicator that people think it's removed on an ic base, rather than intentional rule breaks.

Edited by knppel
7 minutes ago, knppel said:

I ask again:

Is it possible this is due to a lack of clear communication?

I have a hard time believing people in mass ignoring explicit administrator orders (even I am able to do as told, lol).

If this really happens frequently it looks like a clear indicator that people think it's removed on an ic base, rather than intentional rule breaks.

Please familiarize yourself with the IC/OOC rules of Facebrowser.

2 hours ago, Allantrist said:

I don't believe LEO's need to get onto facebrowser to catch criminals, I believe it should be kept as a platform that allows them to have a bit of fun and brag about whatever it is they're doing. Let's be honest, most people roleplay piss poor criminals who eventually get caught on the server really easily, then cry we're robocops for doing our job.

This. Facebrowser imho should be for high level operations only if at all. Most gang characters dont live to see 2 months of life before being shelved anyway.

"Its supposed to be a family friendly social medical platform for people to share their false lives or businesses advertise their products, however, people are sharing photos of their body trying to advertise their character as some high class whore and it's wrong".

This I strongly disagree with though. The platform is what people make of it, and if the community decides to simp for every female with some Menyoo ability until they're offered "manager" positions in a business just for being provocative on Facebrowser then that's an IC hustle. You can't fault the character that starts as "no job just smoking weed who wanna come over x" for making it to a job that makes them 20k a night for looking pretty and the promise of ERP. That's an IC transaction.

Edited by Koko
1 hour ago, Fireworks said:

Please familiarize yourself with the IC/OOC rules of Facebrowser.

I am aware of the rules but the question I asked is not answered there (and is targetting not directly at you as much but the handling admins or people who experienced posts being deleted):

What does a player learn about the reasoning if a post gets deleted?

Is there a clear indicator in every single case whether a post gets removed due to ic reasons, or ooc?

Mixing is more often a product of a lack of understanding and clear information than actual bad intention.

I don't mind the guns on FB and so on. The unimmersive thing on there is usually people act OOC on it, like they are edgy teenagers on a discord. Which would be fine if they were RPing those in game but usually not the case, its just poor portrayal on the part of a lot of those people. Add on if you don't use Menyoo that gets taken IC too which is weird. 

I can say I'm not at all sad about seeing some posts go from people wearing g strings and big tit mods that change the clothes textures to the point the nipples are barely covered and the shirt looks like a raggedy used dish rag. 

Edited by Momo's Revenge

Not like any LEO can't just examine the pictures to determine which hood a character's hanging out, within, while flashing two Tec-9s and an AK-47.

It's not complicated. You don't need to track their IP to find out which gang they're affiliated with, which neighborhood they reside within, and what they look like. In fact, people make it extra obvious.

Edited by DLimit
9 hours ago, Pascal said:

The main problem with Quickdate is it's primarily designed to be an OOC moneytrap rather than serve as something useful and beneficial in terms of roleplay. If anything, it's far more detrimental than Facebrowser is.

There were a few characters who were roleplaying gate guards at the airport until they got banned for not getting proper approval, an awful shame considering it was one of the more exciting and innovative roleplay projects in a while that could've been easily approved but was unfortunately trashed. Anything can be done with the right mindset, IMO. Besides this, how much different, if not worse, is typical LEO forum work anyway? If anything, handling Facebrowser could be far more interesting investigative work.

This gets brought up a lot on discussions surrounding Facebrowser and people tend to come to the conclusion that producing Menyoos are bad, some even going as far as saying Facebrowser should be flat out removed. I'd argue the opposite, while there are plenty of low-effort thirst trap characters who simply make pics to farm reacts, there's also several exceptionally good roleplayers who use Menyoo to their advantage to create or enhance roleplay through social media.

Characters like Elvira Ngo portrayed social media, promiscuity, attraction, dependency, intimacy, and the mental health surrounding that + BPD supremely well. All of this involved producing plenty of "photos of their tits" but also led to consistently great roleplay scenes in-game that created plenty of development and conflicts for many other characters. Besides thotposting, many characters on FB use Menyoo well to add interesting details to their characters, e.g. [parrot]

Besides all this, there's one thing I want people reading this thread to consider. While it's possible to say Facebrowser moderation is OOC, does it even function the same compared to other forms of moderation like forum/faction reports? Social media is an entirely different scale.

With "normal" OOC moderation for IG rules/forum stuff, all the involved parties can be informed if a scene has been voided, if someone's been punished, or whatever the outcome is. With Facebrowser content, photos can be seen by 100s of people and spread around, and players have no way of discerning whether a Facebrowser moderator has deleted their post or if the user has self-deleted their post.

Characters may post something on Facebrowser, people could see it near when it gets posted, and then those characters may never notice it's been deleted say, 43 minutes later. Each of these characters could then bring up that Facebrowser content IG or in FB DMs and if it has been OOCly moderated, it would technically create a constant need to re-communicate that to potentially many players. In the case of forum reports or faction situations, these can be quickly and easily communicated to the involved parties. With Facebrowser moderation, it cannot, and due to this alongside other reasons, it should remain as largely in character as possible in order to improve the process.

Charlie is pretty much spot on. The only issue with not taking a moderated content on an IC basis is if specific administrators make it clear the content was moderated on an OOC basis. More often than not, it's not the user whose content gets moderated but other users who jump on the bandwagon of calling out FB moderation.

That being said, it's pretty nonsensical to think or try to justify that Facebrowser is just a website living in the shadow realm with no owner, no shareholders, no moderation team, etc. And whilst that's nonsensical, it also doesn't have to be too deep either — no, we don't need IC characters to play FB mods. It can just stay as ambiguous as it is. The reason why this is the best way to go about is because the dark reality of being a social media content moderator is you usually spend time with a psychologist on the workplace floor. Source: worked for a company who contracted TikTok moderators but not involved, and the turnover ratio was ~50 employees quarterly just quitting because they couldn't deal with the trauma of seeing dead bodies on top of other really heinous shit. And 99.99% of the role-players who'd even want to portray a Facebrowser moderator aren't prepared to role-play those stark contrasts.

tl;dr It hurts no one if people call out FB moderation, and in turn FB moderation just doesn't respond. The lines are blurred because there's no administrator intervention to say X content was removed on an OOC basis and/or for OOC reasons. No staff member goes out of their way to contact players about that. I imagine the whole link-your-FBs-to-your-UCP is to serve that purpose & et al.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, liq said:

It hurts no one if people call out FB moderation, and in turn FB moderation just doesn't respond. The lines are blurred because there's no administrator intervention to say X content was removed on an OOC basis and/or for OOC reasons. No staff member goes out of their way to contact players about that. I imagine the whole link-your-FBs-to-your-UCP is to serve that purpose & et al.

fax

• Selena locked this topic