Facebrowser Moderation being taken IC

Fireworks

5 minutes ago, Junx said:

The UCP thing was added to stop spam and to disallow banned players

who says it cant be used for other reasons tf LFM are very proactive in pushing updates for LEOs to the point phone calls from contracts can now be recorded, why not do the same but with facebrowser accounts where LFM gives out information relevant to the character and have people post gun images at their own risk

4 minutes ago, ZaE said:

y is that? like y do they not allow a player to make another website that fits the "liking" of most FB users

Yes. They literally have to approve any IC website. I'm not going to waste my time developing one for LFM to tell me no.

to solve this "LEOS CANT KEEP TRACK OF GANGBANGERS!!" issue a script where you need to link an IC phone number for 2FA could work, you make an account, you link your phone once through a code and a text message and that's it, instead of having to link your UCP and whateverthefuck one can just keep it IC and link their in game phone through in game means for an in game platform such as facebrowser, unless it's impossible which I doubt because you can very much get offline texts now

39 minutes ago, Allantrist said:

I only just started to use Facebrowser on my young ulsa character and I'm a little shocked by it. I think people misunderstood what Facebrowser is supposed to be?

Its supposed to be a family friendly social medical platform for people to share their false lives or businesses advertise their products, however, people are sharing photos of their body trying to advertise their character as some high class whore and it's wrong.

It's the only social media IG, so you get people using it for all sorts of things that different social media would be used for IRL. I guess it's supposed to be Facebook, but the game lacks enough boomers to keep Facebook viable.

Who exactly is that LEOs can't keep track of gangbangers from FB? Are they people working in a gang unit...? We have no issue with keeping track of people if needed from FB or whatever, and there have been warrants issued based almost entirely on evidence from FaceBrowser.

Edited by imi
Just now, imi said:

Who exactly is that LEOs can't keep track of gangbangers from FB? Are they people working in a gang unit...? We have no issue with keeping track of people if needed from FB or whatever, and there have been warrants issued based almost entirely on evidence from FaceBrowser.

come and get me

never thought i'd see the day that I would agree with Pascal, but I do.

Some of the photos deleted aren't even that bad, no different to what you'd see on instagram etc with people posing in bikinis and the like, yet instagram has a far larger audience of "minors" accessing this content than facebrowser ever will. 

and no spin off works because from my experience using a similar engine to what runs FB now, you get access to a lot of information and that just simply cannot be trusted into a players hands, not when GTA W is hosted in france and GDPR is a MASSIVE thing in the EU. 

As for what selena's put, FB used to be like this IG in 2018, then I tried to buy it and got into a heated war with joe warner over it and then it was just agreed it'd be better for everyone that FB is seen as a non state company and remain just a website. I'm sure you can find old stuff on the forums about it that survived the great purge of 2018.

5 hours ago, Selena said:

I can bring it up again… lord, I can only imagine how much hate these characters would receive…. 🥲

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 1
  • Selena locked this topic