Facebrowser Moderation being taken IC

Fireworks

1 hour ago, .mikey said:

quickdate was created to combat explicit content on face but did it actually solve anything? no. why? because its lifeless and void of community. shitposting != wanting to go ig and erp somebody

the way you solve this is by making an alternative social media platform. cook up a twitter clone or something and present it to users as a site which has lax moderation. let gang members do their shit on it, let shitposters shitpost and let thots post their lewds. bcs like it or not the demographics listed rn arent a minority and you're never going to get rid of them unless a valid alternative is offered

i think other than illegal material sites should focus on self moderation and separatism rather than manual subjective enforcement. make it so you can only see content of people you follow, add things like NFSW tags so things get blurred unless safe search is disabled etc

The problem with all of these features is that they're amazing and have great potential but are just being rolled out assembly-line style and no one ever goes back to them. They should be individually hyped up, launched, slowly introducted/replace current systems, and have some sort of IC stuff happening, then assign a few people to them and keep them updated and such. We have so many examples of such systems that were just left for dead and, as a result, pretty much no one uses. It's a waste of everyone's time, but especially the developers'.

Quickdate is an example. Facebrowser is too, to a certain extent. The banking app. LSMail. Even the map.gta.world feature and business map. And so, so, so many other systems. From trucking to taxi to drugs and businesses. Pretty much all of them, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Law said:

We have the ability to innovate and create or suggest a different platform to share your sexual content and weapons on.

Personally, I’d love to see a twitter spinoff since we already have the toxic culture for it.

They should implant Bleeter in GTAWorld.

2 hours ago, Law said:

We have the ability to innovate and create or suggest a different platform to share your sexual content and weapons on.

Personally, I’d love to see a twitter spinoff since we already have the toxic culture for it.

I'd make one but there's no way LFM would ever allow it.

I see some commenting saying how the Facebrowser does not reflect rl like Facebook with their content.

IMO it is because people are trying to use Facebrowser to replace other social media that is unavailable in game, such as Instagram (and sometime Twitter and Tik Tok). My FB most days resemble more of an Instagram feed, which isn't a criticism, just an observation. 

(I would like to add, please don't ever add a twitter clone to Gtaw, the toxicity of real Twitter is a monster already. Gtaw version would just be copy pasted quotes and insult flinging.)

6 minutes ago, Natala said:

I see some commenting saying how the Facebrowser does not reflect rl like Facebook with their content.

IMO it is because people are trying to use Facebrowser to replace other social media that is unavailable in game, such as Instagram (and sometime Twitter and Tik Tok). My FB most days resemble more of an Instagram feed, which isn't a criticism, just an observation. 

(I would like to add, please don't ever add a twitter clone to Gtaw, the toxicity of real Twitter is a monster already. Gtaw version would just be copy pasted quotes and insult flinging.)

My timeline resembles Taliban's propaganda page showing 10 guns per post combined with hundreds of Instagram bots posting their tits and ass. I'm all for more OOC moderation to create a platform that will create better immersion but posting some pixelated tits five times a day does not benefit anyone, nor showing 10 guns that you don't own IG.

Use the platform to help enhance your character's development and believability instead of thirsting for attention that you don't get OOC.

Question here from someone never having experienced this first hand:

Is there clear communication from staff to players, i.e. are people being told their posts are removed on ooc grounds?

Keep in mind specially rule 19 is one with a wide grey zone if we exclude posting of penis mods.

Unless it is clearly communicated to players OOC SERVER RULES are being enforced, opposed to ic moderation which might or might not happen (?), this is not as easy to tell.

it's not uncommon to see girls post "let's see if ig doesn't delete this one" when posting on their Instagram feed, I don't know how it's unrealistic and making the decision purely OOC is weird and looks like an ooc agenda rather than an IC issue, Facebrowser Moderation has it's own page on FB so saying moderators and their work don't exist IC is far from it.

showing guns on facebrowser is not against the rules and it still gets deleted and you can't say "LEOS have no way to track who it is bro!!!" yes they do that's why we have to put our UCP names into the facebrowser account

• Selena locked this topic