Facebrowser Moderation being taken IC

Fireworks

This is ultimately a consequence of excessive post deletion still being an issue on Facebrowser.

Mods really should step back and consider whether things are worth deleting. Most of the time the content is fairly harmless, and a lot of the content that gets posted is extremely commonplace in real-world social media, especially on platforms like Instagram or Twitter, and I'd say Facebrowser behaves more inline with Twitter style content than it does with Facebook.

Besides this, many of these deletions are barely worth considering under rule 19. There's been pictures of people at pool parties in swimwear deleted, and what they've been wearing is barely even revealing.

I do not think this is an administrative issue where moderators need to step in and deal with this as frequently as they do now. If anything, users can self moderate, like @Law said in the above-linked thread. Don't like the sort of content someone's posting? Simple. Block them. While you might say this is too much effort to do with new FB accounts constantly popping up, it really isn't. I don't block anyone particularly but I accept a ton of gang roleplayers and simply unfollow them if they don't have much of a personality, but keep them if they post interesting content. Your own wall is incredibly easy to self-regulate, it only takes less than a few seconds of hovering over someone's name.

20 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Except that LEO factions have no way of actually tracking these people. In real life, if you do stuff like that on social media, you'll likely get tagged and investigated by law enforcement either by or through the use of their very useful cybercrime divisions and such. We don't have that here because it'd be super boring, no one would want to do it, no one has the knowledge to, and it's be pretty much useless to role-play a cyber division within, say, PD.

It wouldn't be necessarily too hard with a bit of know-how. Many IC gang members on FB constantly post their affiliations, an IC division that monitored social media could easily work through a lot of these posts with little effort if they dedicated some time towards those sort of divisions. Similarly, IMO illegal gun/drug content should be considered an IC issue, not an OOCly moderated one.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

There is no rule that prohibits showing weapons on FB and even so they delete the photos, it is IC, since they themselves say that the PD must do the work of capturing those who upload photos with weapons, the photos that people upload showing a little skin aren't even sexual, unless you live in 1898

You can see much worse things on IG than on FB and aren't deleted like on FB.

And no, i don't upload "slutty" pics, but I don't feel offended by a few pixels showing skins or a girl in panties/bikini, it's a game, not the real life.

Because we had a 5 page topic of everyone wanting to keep guns so, we listened, we let people post pictures of their guns… 

Moderators are put in such negative light when in reality we only delete what we feel is necessary and some players have gone as far as posting a photo themselves, deleting their own photo and feeling a need to insult the mods for… simply doing nothing.

I always thought of having FB mods as an IC business but it wasn’t approved on several occasions and I stopped trying. I’m content, so are Management, with this being an OOC rule. 

Sexual content should I need to clarify falls under modding genitals onto your character and posting it, the need to try void the rules and slip it in at any means, posting IRL memes involving male and female genitals, posting gore also, I’ve only seen a handful of gore photos deleted.

Mind you rule 19 covers more than just the odd genital photo, it varies to as I mentioned memes involving ejaculation, self-pleasure and trying to be mindful of the minors playing on this server and utilising this site.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Selena said:

Because we had a 5 page topic of everyone wanting to keep guns so, we listened, we let people post pictures of their guns… 

Moderators are put in such negative light when in reality we only delete what we feel is necessary and some players have gone as far as posting a photo themselves, deleting their own photo and feeling a need to insult the mods for… simply doing nothing.

I always thought of having FB mods as an IC business but it wasn’t approved on several occasions and I stopped trying. I’m content, so are Management, with this being an OOC rule. 

Sexual content should I need to clarify falls under modding genitals onto your character and posting it, the need to try void the rules and slip it in at any means, posting IRL memes involving male and female genitals, posting gore also, I’ve only seen a handful of gore photos deleted.

Mind you rule 19 covers more than just the odd genital photo, it varies to as I mentioned memes involving ejaculation, self-pleasure and trying to be mindful of the minors playing on this server and utilising this site.

The problem is that photos have been deleted that showed nothing, no genitals, no nipples, no ejaculations, no irl memes, just photos of people in underwear or bikini in a pool party, which is the same as a photo in a bikini on the beach or in the pool, even photos with "suggestive" clothes but without actually showing anything erotic.

2 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

The problem is that photos have been deleted that showed nothing, no genitals, no nipples, no ejaculations, no irl memes, just photos of people in underwear or bikini in a pool party, which is the same as a photo in a bikini on the beach or in the pool, even photos with "suggestive" clothes but without actually showing anything erotic.

Sure. I can review what’s been deleted and point out to other mods what’s acceptable should that fix the error. From looking at our deleted channel none of which applies just yet — if you look over my message again you’ll see players victimising themselves by deleting their own post to dig at members.

Edited by Selena

Don't post your character's tits, simple as that. Instead of spending an hour in menyoo and photoshop to give your character the biggest boobas this server has ever seen, consider going IG to get some character development done. This way you won't have to complain about your weird posts getting deleted! Thank me later for this quick fix.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Pascal said:

It wouldn't be necessarily too hard with a bit of know-how. Many IC gang members on FB constantly post their affiliations, an IC division that monitored social media could easily work through a lot of these posts with little effort if they dedicated some time towards those sort of divisions. Similarly, IMO illegal gun/drug content should be considered an IC issue, not an OOCly moderated one.

Yeah, but it'd be super boring. I don't think anyone would budge for something like this. It involves pretty much 0 RP, it's quite literally scrolling through Facebrowser and doing forum work.

25 minutes ago, Selena said:

That would be absolutely amazing. Imagine it being a company, headquartered at, say, the Lifeinvader offices. People could role-play in various truly realistic white-collar jobs, especially in tech, with an actual reason behind their role-play and activity. So many opportunities. It would be awesome if it became a faction.

• Selena locked this topic