Facebrowser Moderation being taken IC

Fireworks

I've seen this countless times throughout the use of Facebrowser and still don't understand why people take their sexual content being deleted from their profile IC, opting to post insulting messages to 'Facebrowser Moderators'.

It looks stupid and I'm not sure if people are familiar with the rules of Facebrowser, but posts that are removed for sexual content are being removed OOC by admins for breach of Rule 19 and not IC.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

There is no rule that prohibits showing weapons on FB and even so they delete the photos, it is IC, since they themselves say that the PD must do the work of capturing those who upload photos with weapons, the photos that people upload showing a little skin aren't even sexual, unless you live in 1898

5 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Because the people who post sexual stuff on Facebrowser also don't care much about realism and rules

You can see much worse things on IG than on FB and aren't deleted like on FB.

And no, i don't upload "slutty" pics, but I don't feel offended by a few pixels showing skins or a girl in panties/bikini, it's a game, not the real life.

Edited by Dakimakura
4 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

There is no rule that prohibits showing weapons on FB and even so they delete the photos, it is IC, since they themselves say that the PD must do the work of capturing those who upload photos with weapons, the photos that people upload showing a little skin aren't even sexual, unless you live in 1898

Except that LEO factions have no way of actually tracking these people. In real life, if you do stuff like that on social media, you'll likely get tagged and investigated by law enforcement either by or through the use of their very useful cybercrime divisions and such. We don't have that here because it'd be super boring, no one would want to do it, no one has the knowledge to, and it's be pretty much useless to role-play a cyber division within, say, PD.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

There's an IC rule about weapons being shown, Rule 19 is an OOC rule. Isn't it for the admins to decide upon whether there is a breach or not though?

7 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

You can see much worse things on IG than on FB and aren't deleted like on FB.

And no, i don't upload "slutty" pics, but I don't feel offended by a few pixels showing skins or a girl in panties/bikini, it's a game, not the real life.

I don't know, I've had an entire character and business focused on social media (Facebrowser, specifically), gossipping, drama and such. I've never had a photo, reply or post deleted. I don't know whose stuff does get deleted but I assume it's not as innocent as some make it seem.

1 minute ago, Mahitto said:

I don't know, I've had an entire character and business focused on social media (Facebrowser, specifically), gossipping, drama and such. I've never had a photo, reply or post deleted. I don't know whose stuff does get deleted but I assume it's not as innocent as some make it seem.

3 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

There's an IC rule about weapons being shown, Rule 19 is an OOC rule. Isn't it for the admins to decide upon whether there is a breach or not though?

Most of the photos that are deleted on FB don't contain sexual content, seeing a girl in panties is the same as seeing a girl in a bikini on the beach, the first photo is deleted but the second is not, worse still, on IG you can see girls in underwear every day and IG bots/mods don't delete them because are allowed in their ToS.

Facebrowser also don't care much about realism and rules

if we talk about realism let's do it right.

I'm not talking about showing genitals or nipples.

1 minute ago, Dakimakura said:

Most of the photos that are deleted on FB don't contain sexual content, seeing a girl in panties is the same as seeing a girl in a bikini on the beach, the first photo is deleted but the second is not, worse still, on IG you can see girls in underwear every day and IG bots/mods don't delete them because are allowed in their ToS.

I think you're missing the point of this discussion, we're discussing how posts that are a direct breach of Rule 19 are being taken IC rather than OOC. It is not for you, nor I to decide on what is a breach of Rule 19 in terms of posts on the server.

2 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

If only Facebrowser was given the attention it deserves, as it has some amazing potential...

I personally don't want to see stuff like that on Facebrowser. Sure, it exists in some corners of social media networks, but it's not mainstream. If you have a regular account on Facebook and you load up your feed, you'll likely see some boring photos of your friends, inspirational quotes, news, some events, items listed for sale, stuff like that. Mostly vanilla stuff. Not (partly) naked women, drugs and guns. I think they're just trying to fit into that mainstream but considering the goals of most people on Facebrowser, I don't even know if it's worth trying.

As @Fireworks said, though. It shouldn't be taken in-character. I'd go as far as to assume that it's mostly because of how vague Facebrowser is, so I don't know how much the blame should be put on the users. We don't really have anything clear regarding whether it's an IC thing or an OOC thing, or if it's an actual company or not. With how little attention it's being given, I can understand the confusion. If only it was given a thorough, serious second glance.

• Selena locked this topic