"The Rockstar Game Services are unavailable"

Mute

I recently reinstalled the game (original discs) and I can only join the server after about 20 tries. After pressing LAUNCH on GTA:MP it loads Social Club for a bit and eventually reaches this page:

6330604b7dcafa41b8dec445c8795f6e.png

Any idea how I can fix this?

You're using Rockstar version of the game I suppose, which acts a bit weird sometimes. It might be that your game does not manage to contact the official servers as it says. Perhaps you can try to download the game from the rockstar website instead of installing the game from the discs? You might have some old/corrupted files.

Could also be your internet connection. Proxy, if you're using one. Anything that could interfere with the connection, such as firewall, antivirus, router settings. It's hard to tell. 

If your Social Club launcher is starting, but the game will not launch, try verifying your installation. This will let the Social Club launcher (or Steam, for Steam versions) verify all game files and re-download any that are corrupt or missing.

1. For the standalone, Rockstar Warehouse version:
    1. Hit "Start", "Run", and type "cmd" without the quotes. Hit enter.
    2. Type "cd c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" without the quotes in the cmd window that pops up. Hit enter.
      • Note: If you’ve installed the game to a different directory, enter that directory instead.

17 hours ago, Mute said:

I know about that solution bud, it's just that my GTAV directory is in D and not C, wheras CMD is in C. I don't know any other way to verify really.

That's strange. I'll try to do some digging. You can use the Rockstar launcher to verify the game too.

Edited by Vyris
On 10/22/2017 at 6:55 AM, Vyris said:

That's strange. I'll try to do some digging. You can use the Rockstar launcher to verify the game too.

How?

On 10/22/2017 at 9:35 AM, Dopli said:

@Mute

"cd d:\PathToTheGame"

That's not possible. Your CMD is C, you can't access D in any way through C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • taylor locked this topic