Prohibit Hits ~15-30min Before Daily Restart

I think this is a good idea and would avert many issues. Thirty minutes or longer seems like a decent amount of time. It would prevent several scenarios from happening altogether. A quick example is a player robbery occurring right before restart. The player you’re robbing doesn’t log back in and blames it on failure to rejoin the server, especially if they have items on them that they don’t want to lose. That roleplay is now lost entirely. Also, if PD or SD is involved, the scene is gone, and the body for the coroner—is another waste of roleplay. Due to the server restart not being an IC event, it shouldn’t be used as an excuse not to proceed, so this would be best to be avoided altogether with the limit. It shouldn’t tax the admin load either, as it’s simple as checking /time in-game. 

Edited by Crypto
font size error

I think this is a terrible idea. Multiple times people will hutn for someone for upwards of four or five hours. They finally find the person they are hunting and just have to let them go because the server will restart? 

I understand the logic but in practise, people who are doing this should be reported for common sourtesy, not just a blanket rule that punishes everyone. You have to stay ig for thirty minutes after any sort of altercation, there is no loophole around the server restart. Report individual cases, don't punish the many over the stupidity of the few.

• Upvote 1
On 5/9/2022 at 5:52 AM, Perstephone said:

I think this is a terrible idea. Multiple times people will hutn for someone for upwards of four or five hours. They finally find the person they are hunting and just have to let them go because the server will restart? 

I understand the logic but in practise, people who are doing this should be reported for common sourtesy, not just a blanket rule that punishes everyone. You have to stay ig for thirty minutes after any sort of altercation, there is no loophole around the server restart. Report individual cases, don't punish the many over the stupidity of the few.

Problem is, some times when server restarts (not only when it's the daily one restart) game crashes, at that point if the game crashed no one has any video evidence as ShadowPlay/ReLive doesn't keep the recording.

13 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Problem is, some times when server restarts (not only when it's the daily one restart) game crashes, at that point if the game crashed no one has any video evidence as ShadowPlay/ReLive doesn't keep the recording.

That's unfortunate but if it's a daily restart you get a 5 minute warning. If it's a crash you don't know when it's coming anyway, so you can't really enforce people not committing crimes before a crash because they don't know when it's going to happen... 

And the staying ig for half hour rule still applies regardless of crashes or restarts. So if anyone is not relogging, they are already breaking a rule. 

Edited by Perstephone
23 minutes ago, Perstephone said:

That's unfortunate but if it's a daily restart you get a 5 minute warning. If it's a crash you don't know when it's coming anyway, so you can't really enforce people not committing crimes before a crash because they don't know when it's going to happen... 

And the staying ig for half hour rule still applies regardless of crashes or restarts. So if anyone is not relogging, they are already breaking a rule. 

The suggestion speaking about Daily Restart, I brought up crash after restart as en example. I think 10 minutes before Server restart is what should be done, not 15 or 30.

• 2 weeks later...