Prohibit Hits ~15-30min Before Daily Restart

• 2 weeks later...

That last clip was mine, that shit was wild.

It's a hard proposition to try and enforce this on the server when staff is already fairly taxed. I think in these types of situations its just best to treat it as any scenario, stay with in the rules of roleplay and return to continue after the reboot. This is a perfect world scenario though that likely won't happen. I kind of see both sides, you do not want people doing wild unrealistic things with the goal of reconnecting to a clean slate, continuing unscathed, but I don't think its right to try and enforce a black out time of no RP for these events. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, zUgg zUgg said:

That last clip was mine, that shit was wild.

It's a hard proposition to try and enforce this on the server when staff is already fairly taxed. I think in these types of situations its just best to treat it as any scenario, stay with in the rules of roleplay and return to continue after the reboot. This is a perfect world scenario though that likely won't happen. I kind of see both sides, you do not want people doing wild unrealistic things with the goal of reconnecting to a clean slate, continuing unscathed, but I don't think its right to try and enforce a black out time of no RP for these events. 

I beg to differ, a reboot is not player's fault so they are not compelled to return after restart and shouldn't be compelled to return in first place. If they decide to return after restart is on them, but if they don't wanna they don't have to. Imagine someone just walking by and moments before restart robbers approach them. Such player will not return immediately after restart cause they know what awaits them.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I beg to differ, a reboot is not player's fault so they are not compelled to return after restart and shouldn't be compelled to return in first place. If they decide to return after restart is on them, but if they don't wanna they don't have to. Imagine someone just walking by and moments before restart robbers approach them. Such player will not return immediately after restart cause they know what awaits them.

Sounds like someone should post a forum report if that's the case as there's server logs.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2022 at 1:06 AM, Narco said:

Sounds like someone should post a forum report if that's the case as there's server logs.

Report or not, abuse to commit hits/mugging around daily restart should be added to the rules. Because people abused the crap out of the BF400 for robberies and what not to the point where it had it's specs nerfed script wise, why you don't see it around as much, have you thought about that?

People abuse any system if there is a loop-hole, it's our nature, but we're trying to prevent abuse on OOC level that affects IC. Meaning server restart is OOC, which should not allow the person do the crime and get away with it due to OOC restart of server.