Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

On the topic of SFM, they to me, can best be described as a massive missed opportunity. We should’ve gotten SanFire, with Arson LEOs, a wildland firefighter sector, and probably shouldve been the guys operating in the State parks.

qrFWgVj.png

hrXgERo.jpg

D2cwihE.jpg

look at these photos and tell me we didn’t miss what could’ve been an awesome state faction, instead of what is essentially a bureaucratic roadblock with guns. i don’t dislike SFM, i just wish they had the freedom to be something better.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, CertifiedKiller said:

For starters, SAFM are based on CalFIRE whom have Fire marshals as sworn LEOs in the state of California, SFM are an incredibly useful faction to have in regards to arsons which are far more common that you'd might imagine.  I've seen nothing but roleplay of top quality coming from the faction.

then why isn't it SanFire like @KinnyWynny suggests to give them more RP versatility than just fire marshals?

1 hour ago, Fireworks said:

lying-why-the-fuck-you-lying.gif

I do know several business owners who failed to set up an inspection with SFM, and were given tickets. It's not hard to find these people. But again this is semantics, you are ignoring the main point. 

12 minutes ago, WatchingEye said:

Roleplayed in SFM for months, never knew I asked people to have 15 fire extinguishers in their property, this thread is an eye opener fr fr 

Idk how you managed to miss my first sentence in bolded letters, where I clearly stated that 15 fire extinguishers was an exaggeration. 

It seems you guys are more focused on discrediting the more irrelevant parts of my post than actually responding to my point. 

54 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

We should’ve gotten SanFire, with Arson LEOs, a wildland firefighter sector

This idea was denied by Legal Faction Management quite a while ago, it would also take away the small amount of firefighting roleplay there already is on the server from the LSFD if we were to begin portraying the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), which wouldn't be cool. In an ideal world? I'd love it. I'm all for portraying the real life Los Angeles counterparts, but it's just not necessary on the server at this time. For those that don't know, CAL FIRE is actually a fire department itself which is made up of literal firefighters that has an Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) branch; this is primarily what we portray on GTA W.

45 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

This idea was denied by Legal Faction Management quite a while ago, it would also take away the small amount of firefighting roleplay there already is on the server from the LSFD if we were to begin portraying the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), which wouldn't be cool. In an ideal world? I'd love it. I'm all for portraying the real life Los Angeles counterparts, but it's just not necessary on the server at this time. For those that don't know, CAL FIRE is actually a fire department itself which is made up of literal firefighters that has an Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) branch; this is primarily what we portray on GTA W.

honestly

if i had a truly popular opinion it’s that the legal faction management scope is so narrow and short sighted that any sort of new ground legal roleplay is shackled by a million restrictions to eventually die off into frustration led inactivity.

but considering the thread, i’m gonna double down some more.

The LScityFD should be remade into LSCountyFD, everyone in it should either be Firefighter/EMTs, Firefighter/Paramedics, or apart of the County Branch of lifeguards. Primary response should be done by Firefighter Paramedic squad trucks and Fire Engines, and private ambulances should be contracted to run EMS calls, out-bidding competition to create a cutt-throat EMS system a la Los Angela’s County’s main EMS system. 

Let the primary Paramedics be Firefighters in Squad cars and Fire Engines, private companies ambulances used as transporting units, all cop medics should be restricted to Rescue 5 and LSPDs EMT-only SWAT cadre. Private Ambulance companies could be an OOC division of County Fire, but given some autonomy ICly, only contracted by the county. SAMR v. McCornnell v. Falcon or w/e names the Lore Private Ambulance companies want to use.

the typical lsrp LSFD style faction is outdated, kinda boring and prone to being a head with so many hats it struggles to fit into any of them. Diversification is the key to Fire/EMS, a jack of all trades is only destined to not be as cool.

: )

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Guys be glad there is no IRS on the server 90% of rich people would be homeless if there was.

So true.

Unpopular opinion.

Who cares what Frezemis says, his warning means nothing.
(Warnings were issued to those a few pages back.)

• Upvote 1