Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Because your people banned me from the application system. The cat maid cafe was a good idea, so was my condom factory, and the exotic meat processing facility. I can understand that the humane labs request was a bit over the top with the kidnapping and testing of experimental drugs on the homeless population, but come on! You can’t do anything these days, even a simple funeral home was denied because “you can’t harvest organs whole posing as a legal business” pfffft 

Shame all of those would fit perfectly in the county.

48 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Shame all of those would fit perfectly in the county.

I don't know if you're joking or not but regardless, I think it unironically would.

I'm tired of GTA W pretending that Los Santos is a perfectly normal society with business owners that could win the Nobel prize for peace. 

I'll even go as far as to say that a laboratory that works under the radar and kidnaps people, hell, even NPC'd victims for all I care for all kinds of pharmaceutical and other experiments is a great concept. I would be pleasantly surprised to see some suspiciously overly funded company investigated for that stuff.

But it's apparently not as fun as scraping MVA victims daily off of the roads to then complain about lack of diversity in roleplay on the forums add on top of that the stubbornness against any sort of change and what you've got is stagnating waters for roleplay because people want to stick with their own twisted sense of "realism" for a game that cannot truly replicate real life. 

Yes, it's a little over the top. Yes it's not entirely realistic, but again, it's a game, a server, a lore, all of it is a work of fiction. Why not take advantage of it to make it that much more interesting and add onto that lore? Our characters live in a dystopian and depressing excuse for a city. Make the most of it! - And that's not even an insult, I think it's great. Utopias are boring IMO, but no one can convince me that Los Santos is not a dystopia. 

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 2

I unironically believe that the server would be better off if more people would lean into the over the top GTA fiction, satire and tongue-in-cheek side of things than this perceived, surreal idea of realism in which realism only prevails when it's convenient and other times the people arguing for realism say "well it's a game" when things get flipped on them.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, Koko said:

I unironically believe that the server would be better off if more people would lean into the over the top GTA fiction, satire and tongue-in-cheek side of things than this perceived, surreal idea of realism in which realism only prevails when it's convenient and other times the people arguing for realism say "well it's a game" when things get flipped on them.

One day… 

I'd like people to live and let live. People shouldn't expect from me having realistic salary in non-functional economy. If I wanted realistic salary, I'd stay in real life. Here I want to roleplay something or someone I am not and do things I don't do irl and have things I don't have irl.

Everyone has their own concepts, so why would someone having two houses and 5 cars matter if they earned their money through roleplay instead of grinding? People who wanna rp gangwars should be able to, people who wanna rp something else maybe even investor style millionaire concept...should be able to.

Tl;dr Clean your own yard, before you start pestering your neighbour.

Edited by Engelbert
2 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I'd like people to live and let live. People shouldn't expect from me having realistic salary in non-functional economy. If I wanted realistic salary, I'd stay in real life. Here I want to roleplay something or someone I am not and do things I don't do irl and have things I don't have irl.

Everyone has their own concepts, so why would someone having two houses and 5 cars matter if they earned their money through roleplay instead of grinding? People who wanna rp gangwars should be able to, people who wanna rp something else maybe even investor style millionaire concept...should be able to.

Tl;dr Clean your own yard, before you start pestering your neighbour.

Excuse you, this is America 🇺🇸 

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Koko said:

What made GTA Roleplay so much fun in the earlier days (2008-2014) was that people actually role played characters, albeit heavily inspired by films and TV shows, leaning into stereotypes, and generally unrealistic but things were definitely more engaging because people role played actual characters instead of what we have today.

• Upvote 3

One year ago you could find unique characters everywhere. Nowadays it's all criminals or 'civilians' who mingle with criminals to have their life altered by those relationships, calling the story unique and poetic.

54 minutes ago, Zorbe said:

One year ago you could find unique characters everywhere. Nowadays it's all criminals or 'civilians' who mingle with criminals to have their life altered by those relationships, calling the story unique and poetic.

Why can't criminal characters be considered unique? Being "criminal" can range from j-walkers and tax evaders to full blown serial killers, there's a lot of room in that bracket for unique. Hell, you played a notorious criminal. 

Unpopular opinion: Just because something is unique doesn't mean it's not shit.

Edited by BINGBONGBALONEY
On 5/5/2022 at 2:41 AM, Zorbe said:

Well honestly I tried take different path, but every second person you meet in the city either is a criminal or has friends, that are criminals. So it is kinda impossible, not to mingle with them. Especially those who tend to flex and use force everytime something doesn't go their way.