Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

I appreciate the book you wrote to me in response but this sums up my original post. Apart from a few bad eggs the leadership of most gangs have done enough research to understand as much as you can about gangs without actually experiencing them first hand, some probably even have with living in LA etc. The depiction of gangs from leader ship stand points is a good as it's going to get and as good as its ever been and just because a few members of said factions (of which there's 100's, it's the most popular roleplay hands down) act anywhere from "need to do a slight bit more research" to "absolutely brain dead" it's the surface of a very developed concept. Most people who have an opinion on the gangs here, or an opinion on (M) roleplay have one or a couple of bad experiences. They don't even bother to browse the gang topics and look at their roleplay, let alone get involved themselves. They instead write a post on some discussion about how (M's) ruin their lives, when the reality is they bring some of the best quality roleplay to the server. Then they go back to running their business, owning their super car collection and browsing the marketplace for some new estate and act like they benefit the community any more than those (M) roleplayers they so hate. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Narcan said:

I appreciate the book you wrote to me in response but this sums up my original post. Apart from a few bad eggs the leadership of most gangs have done enough research to understand as much as you can about gangs without actually experiencing them first hand, some probably even have with living in LA etc. The depiction of gangs from leader ship stand points is a good as it's going to get and as good as its ever been and just because a few members of said factions (of which there's 100's, it's the most popular roleplay hands down) act anywhere from "need to do a slight bit more research" to "absolutely brain dead" it's the surface of a very developed concept. Most people who have an opinion on the gangs here, or an opinion on (M) roleplay have one or a couple of bad experiences. They don't even bother to browse the gang topics and look at their roleplay, let alone get involved themselves. They instead write a post on some discussion about how (M's) ruin their lives, when the reality is they bring some of the best quality roleplay to the server. Then they go back to running their business, owning their super car collection and browsing the marketplace for some new estate and act like they benefit the community any more than those (M) roleplayers they so hate. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, it was me agreeing with your original post and somewhat adding my own perspective of things as well,

Personally I haven't really talked to or met much of the gang leadership, but I assume that if they're in such positions in the first place it means they're doing a good job at what they do and they've done their homework.

I can't really talk about standards of roleplay, my own beliefs are that the server needs to have some better rule sets, especially powergaming, deathmatching and combat rules explained in more detail. And also that one powergaming example:

"Roleplay through a /me to shoot a player with the result of the player ending up dead in the process." - Like, what's that supposed to mean? Can you really blame people for interpreting rules like that and using the lack of explaination to their own advantage?

The way I see the in-game rules is something that goes like this: "Alright, if you're here you probably know how to RP already, so here's a quick, basic run-down on things you might already know from past RP experiences so just use common sense, the rest is going to be explained in more detail because it's specific to our own server."

And this is bad, because what we end up with is a playerbase that is mostly composed of people who know how to RP, another part is going to be learning how to RP, and the other part of the playerbase is people who already know how to RP, but are using the server's lack of explanations for some basic rules as an excuse to set their own standards of RP low because they can if they play dumb. Add to that encouragement of light-RP mechanics such as the reliance on scripts for fights, scrolling weapons and combat, and you've got a perfect recipe for confusion and chaos. Rules is what really affects RP standards at its very core so, legal vs illegal complaints and arguments are practically useless when the problem doesn't lie within a certain type of RP but rather how RP as a whole is expected from players. - If you have badly explained rules, you're going to have badly executed RP everywhere.

If you want my last point and opinion, rule 0 needs to be reconsidered and the rules too, at least the basic rules that are a foundation to RP need a serious re-work IMO. You can physically see that some of these basic rules have been written at the beginning of the server and haven't been touched/improved upon since.

Edited by Mistery14

I guess this will come across as pretty unpopular.

Does owner of a business really have to be around every week when they have staff or employees if you will, to take care of it?

Like real life example: I never seen owner of business I work for. And I was told they don't even live in my country.

Edited by Engelbert

Do a massive server-wide wipe like what happens in Tarkov. Remove all assets.

Also force people to complete 100% of their sentences, introduce cooldown for name changes, offset the $ hit by allowing people to pay to have the cooldown reduced. And make every death a CK. 

Edited by Boland
On 4/11/2022 at 7:03 AM, Cleveland said:

Tl;dr: you reap what you sow.

God I remember SADOC so fondly sometimes, I miss it, being a corporal in the intel unit and also doing parole, knowing all the lifer's by name, knowing how they acted and being able to tell something was up just by the tone they said something in their text, good times. 

6 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

Please for the love of god no more clubs/bars

😞 We haven't made any new clubs/bars in the last 3-4 months, however, the existing ones will be taken as I rather see active businesses be up and about whilst still trying to offer unique item businesses on the daily. Yet, not many people want to do this - it's tough work. It's annoying work. 

8 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

😞 We haven't made any new clubs/bars in the last 3-4 months, however, the existing ones will be taken as I rather see active businesses be up and about whilst still trying to offer unique item businesses on the daily. Yet, not many people want to do this - it's tough work. It's annoying work. 

Stop denying my anime cat maid cafe! 

Just now, Wuhtah said:

you didn't even APPLY FOR ONE. and 

no.

Because your people banned me from the application system. The cat maid cafe was a good idea, so was my condom factory, and the exotic meat processing facility. I can understand that the humane labs request was a bit over the top with the kidnapping and testing of experimental drugs on the homeless population, but come on! You can’t do anything these days, even a simple funeral home was denied because “you can’t harvest organs whole posing as a legal business” pfffft 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1