Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

12 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ea5b9216f9a29fdb205cecc047eb92bc.jpeg

I think it has more to do with not wanting children involved with degenerate themes, and generally not wanting these themes on the server. I also can’t think of a way to actually police age. 

It's more like not wanting the server to be a Barbie & Ken server instead of a GTA server.

2 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

GTA 5 alone is 18+, we really should stop catering to teenagers of questionable RP quality and maturity that end up making the actually grown-up people who are here to roleplay leave.

The server doesn't need 800 players out of which 300 are self inserting themselves as a badass who says the N word 20 times a day. It would be far better if it just had 500 people who are here to play a character, rather than themselves.

Ajails for gross rule breaking is a joke, bans need to mean something. If anything, the admins are too soft.

Absolutely. 

Just now, Jennie said:

It's more like not wanting the server to be a Barbie & Ken server instead of a GTA server.

So not allowing sexual violence and excessive gore somehow turns this into a Barbie & Ken server? The more you know! 

5 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Absolutely. 

So not allowing sexual violence and excessive gore somehow turns this into a Barbie & Ken server? The more you know! 

Eh, more like petty things like slapping an ass in a club. You can't do that because minors might exist in the room. 

35 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Eh, more like petty things like slapping an ass in a club. You can't do that because minors might exist in the room. 

I think the sexual assault is more what they're trying to avoid, not OOC minors potentially witnessing someone smacking someone else's ass, It's why we had the rule change regarding rape and such changed a couple months ago because the playerbase can't deal with subjects like that maturely.

100% seen someone slap a chick's ass IG (which ended in a brawl) after the rule change though so I'm not sure if the situation you're talking about is hypothetical or not, as long as you're not being obviously weird OOC about it I'm sure staff don't really care, dirt bag characters gonna dirt bag.

7 hours ago, 6ixth said:

Guns are too easy to get, and several gangs too quickly result to using them such as spinning back after a brawl to shoot a block up.

“boohoo the gangs do gang activity that doesn’t involve me but I’m gonna insert myself into it anyway because this is a real problem”

my unpopular take:

crying about the gang problem OOC doesn’t solve anything IC and then going to those neighborhoods looking for some sort of “interesting” role-play other than getting robbed and possibly killed because you’re not from the area is dumb for both you and your character. and if you’re an illegal faction and you try to hoe another one crying about it OOC is lame when you got exactly what you expected. don’t expect to stride if you can’t step. 

Edited by bwarp
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, bwarp said:

“boohoo the gangs do gang activity that doesn’t involve me but I’m gonna insert myself into it anyway because this is a real problem”

my unpopular take:

crying about the gang problem OOC doesn’t solve anything IC and then going to those neighborhoods looking for some sort of “interesting” role-play other than getting robbed and possibly killed because you’re not from the area is dumb for both you and your character. and if you’re an illegal faction and you try to hoe another one crying about it OOC is lame when you got exactly what you expected. don’t expect to stride if you can’t step. 

I am in an illegal faction 😳