Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

centralizing government into a state and nowly allowing smaller branches and townships to form was a horrible idea and stifling to roleplay creativity. the senate is extremely boring as a concept and there’s nothing to corrupt unlike a city/town council in your characters own neighborhood.

Edited by KinnyWynny
18 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

centralizing government into a state and nowly allowing smaller branches and townships to form was a horrible idea and stifling to roleplay creativity. the senate is extremely boring as a concept and there’s nothing to corrupt unlike a city/town council in your characters own neighborhood.

Disagree, I've been doing Government roleplay for about 8 years now and 2 years on GTA W. The issue is with what your suggesting is that is spreads Government roleplay participants too thin. Because now you need multiple mayors and multiple city councils for each township Government has a hard enough time filling roles for a centralized Government. And Senate has problems but don't think that is it. The Senate's problem more stem from it just being figure heads and having no real ability to affect anything.

Edited by Power
4 minutes ago, Jedai said:

People who roleplay being racist as their entire character identity should just be ck'd and have to make another character since clearly they got some issues in their household. 

That's what I'm saying. My friend got banned mocking 1 of them, go after the source instead. 

Want a cool unpopular opinion?

Reports should be closed as soon as they are created and unlocked after they are picked up by an administrator.
Reading drama on each crap post report is all well and good, but it ain't hilarious when it happens to you, and each member of that group chooses to weigh in with some unrelated comment, resulting in a 2~3 page report before an admin looks at it. It discourages administrators from reading it and picking up the report since it's a clown show of three pages that they have to read.

Why would this be an unpopular opinion? Because people are boisterous and enjoy reading drama, this would essentially stop them.
Whether you like it or not, antagonizers and drama junkies are the big % of this community.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
26 minutes ago, Jax said:

Want a cool unpopular opinion?

Reports should be closed as soon as they are created and unlocked after they are picked up by an administrator.
Reading drama on each crap post report is all well and good, but it ain't hilarious when it happens to you, and each member of that group chooses to weigh in with some unrelated comment, resulting in a 2~3 page report before an admin looks at it. It discourages administrators from reading it and picking up the report since it's a clown show of three pages that they have to read.

Why would this be an unpopular opinion? Because people are boisterous and enjoy reading drama, this would essentially stop them.
Whether you like it or not, antagonizers and drama junkies are the big % of this community.

idk how true this is cus it was on the april 1st staff update, but i think the idea sounds far too rational to be an april fools:

On 4/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, Pillsbury said:

Players in the future will be able to post a topic and it will be automatically locked until an administrator takes said report, and which they will be able to set the standard by Management onto those involved in the forum report. We are hoping to minimize the amount of forum reports that are coming in from players and also get the process moving faster rather then having ten plus replies that have little to nothing to do with the report at hand. More to come in a follow-up topic when the process is fully released.

i am one of those people that enjoy reading a sneaky zinger report reply every now and then (and ive done it myself to farm some rep 😎) but it doesn't stop me from realizing that it's dumb and really should have some kind of preventative measure

Edited by joshua
english