Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

9 minutes ago, nwah_ said:

Facebrowser in general should just be deleted, making a social media platform for a roleplaying game only enables self inserts + not to mention the people that weirdly devote hours of their time to make "sexy" or "cute" pictures of themselves in menyoo (not to mention some of the people that have done this are (M)'s in game). Very weird, I guess the only reason it's still around is so more money can be generated through the extortionate rates that "VIP" is offered. Wild that people even pay for it.

Nah leave it like I said we should with over sexualized characters, let them people be isolated and have fun on their own. They bring money to the server and money is what's needed to keep this shit running. If you don't want to use it, don't. It's not a forced requirement. If someone's a minor on that site and posts weird shit, depending on how severe it is, either take it IC or report it to the admins. How many 16 year old whores are there on Instagram and Facebook? Millions, especially in a generation that's so addicted and even dependent on tech.

I think they purposefully made the service so expensive just to see who's the biggest loser willing to spend that much money on it lol

If you're going to enforce a no voice chat policy for illegal roleplayers, enforce it for LEO roleplayers as well. Them being allowed to utilize it for pursuits because "pursuits are difficult and impossible without it" is nepotism. It's a game set in a fictional city. It's okay if some criminals get away because everyone is using text chat. LEO respawn anyway if they die with all their equipment. You cannot preach that you weed out play-to-win mentality when this environment and culture is perpetuated.

Edited by Luna1996
49 minutes ago, Luna1996 said:

If you're going to enforce a no voice chat policy for illegal roleplayers, enforce it for LEO roleplayers as well. Them being allowed to utilize it for pursuits because "pursuits are difficult and impossible without it" is nepotism. It's a game set in a fictional city. It's okay if some criminals get away because everyone is using text chat. LEO respawn anyway if they die with all their equipment. You cannot preach that you weed out play-to-win mentality when this environment and culture is perpetuated.

i get ur point but tbh? no one is typing anything when evading the police cause there's simply no time for it. cops need to communicate somehow to update the suspect's location and taking away their ability to do it via voicechat they'd have to type shit out while the criminal can simply drive away.

3 minutes ago, kartoffel said:

i get ur point but tbh? no one is typing anything when evading the police cause there's simply no time for it. cops need to communicate somehow to update the suspect's location and taking away their ability to do it via voicechat they'd have to type shit out while the criminal can simply drive away.

I don't think it really matters. The criminal could communicate with friends via a phone call and better evade the police, but they aren't allowed to do that either, so why are LEO? If the criminals are too busy to engage, then the LEO should be too, unless they're efficient enough typing to pull it off. Focus on pursuing the target instead of communicating and the criminal won't get away.

39 minutes ago, Luna1996 said:

I don't think it really matters. The criminal could communicate with friends via a phone call and better evade the police, but they aren't allowed to do that either, so why are LEO? If the criminals are too busy to engage, then the LEO should be too, unless they're efficient enough typing to pull it off. Focus on pursuing the target instead of communicating and the criminal won't get away.

u right about the first part though i have to say it's more important for LEO's to communicate in a pursuit than for a criminal to maybe call for backup or whatever. as a cop u have to constantly update the suspect's location so other cops join in on the chase for a higher chance of capturing the suspect. but when LEO's can't communicate via voicechat no more they can't really call for backup, so it'd be either a single unit involved chase or it'd be way too easy for the suspect to evade cause the cop has to stop his car just to call for backup. only way this could work out is with 2 cops in one car, one focuses on the driving and the other one does the communication thing

38 minutes ago, kartoffel said:

u right about the first part though i have to say it's more important for LEO's to communicate in a pursuit than for a criminal to maybe call for backup or whatever. as a cop u have to constantly update the suspect's location so other cops join in on the chase for a higher chance of capturing the suspect. but when LEO's can't communicate via voicechat no more they can't really call for backup, so it'd be either a single unit involved chase or it'd be way too easy for the suspect to evade cause the cop has to stop his car just to call for backup. only way this could work out is with 2 cops in one car, one focuses on the driving and the other one does the communication thing

That idea at the end there seems like a good one! It makes things fair, it's not a huge takeaway from the coveted realism, and it makes sense with how crime heavy LS is for them to mandate partners for safety. I just think it has to work differently. Voice chatting LEOs have such an advantage on reaction time and coordination. It goes against everything they try to preach.

As someone who absolutely hates seeing robocops, the idea of a cop that's a total hardass and follows the handbook to a tee isn't as unrealistic as you might think. They exist in real life and are just as annoyingly dickheaded as they are in-character. A hardass, total douche cop isn't necessarily a robo roleplayer.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Luna1996 said:

That idea at the end there seems like a good one! It makes things fair, it's not a huge takeaway from the coveted realism, and it makes sense with how crime heavy LS is for them to mandate partners for safety. I just think it has to work differently. Voice chatting LEOs have such an advantage on reaction time and coordination. It goes against everything they try to preach.

It does give them quite an advantage, yeah. But as of for now it's the best solution, but yeah making cops go on patrol as a duo might be a good idea for real

3 hours ago, Luna1996 said:

Get rid of voice chat? Sure. Add a /backup or some other command to use during pursuits that puts a map blip for people to follow that updates every 10 seconds or so.

This doesn't make sense. How are you going to pick up your phone, unlock it, type in a number etc while evading at 100 MPH? Versus triggering a button and constantly having your radio transmit.

2 minutes ago, kartoffel said:

It does give them quite an advantage, yeah. But as of for now it's the best solution, but yeah making cops go on patrol as a duo might be a good idea for real

Yes, yes, no. Duo patrols can be fun. You can't force people to go duo. That's not fair to anyone. Sometimes, someone just wants to vibe on his own. Don't force them into a car with someone else.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BjornV said:

Get rid of voice chat? Sure. Add a /backup or some other command to use during pursuits that puts a map blip for people to follow that updates every 10 seconds or so.

This doesn't make sense. How are you going to pick up your phone, unlock it, type in a number etc while evading at 100 MPH? Versus triggering a button and constantly having your radio transmit.

Yes, yes, no. Duo patrols can be fun. You can't force people to go duo. That's not fair to anyone. Sometimes, someone just wants to vibe on his own. Don't force them into a car with someone else.

You can converse on the phone with zero hands on loudspeaker. An accomplice can also converse and text on the phone while another person drives.