Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Every Halloween we should roleplay a zombie outbreak for 24hours with a script that allows zombies to punch a person to infect them. Everyone will forget about this event after the 24hours are up and we'll resume normal operations as if nothing happened.

• Upvote 4

If I don't have an actual gun, I'm not allowed to roleplay shooting and killing you until I acquire an actual gun.

If you don't have a functioning internet that can allow you to remain involved in a situation you've created, you shouldn't be allowed to initiate or help anyone initiating in those situations until you acquire a functioning internet connection.

The moment someone says "My internet is bad" or whatever excuse is hip at the time, they should be told in no uncertain terms that they can no longer be involved in said activity until their connectivity issues are resolved.

15 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

If I don't have an actual gun, I'm not allowed to roleplay shooting and killing you until I acquire an actual gun.

If you don't have a functioning internet that can allow you to remain involved in a situation you've created, you shouldn't be allowed to initiate or help anyone initiating in those situations until you acquire a functioning internet connection.

The moment someone says "My internet is bad" or whatever excuse is hip at the time, they should be told in no uncertain terms that they can no longer be involved in said activity until their connectivity issues are resolved.

Ah yes, those dirty poor people! How dare they not be able to afford good internet?

(I'm obviously joking here, I get what you mean, it's annoying when the excuse is thrown left and right tbh, but I still believe people mix up having bad internet and poor game performance, and it's not like RAGE MP is the most stable thing out there either).

I'd go as far to say as, when it's legit, clear that it's a non-IC issue and someone rams me and it's not intentional, it's no biggie. I'll /vp /vg, do "/b Lmao all good." and both of us will be on our way. Unfortunately, there's no way of really telling on the spot, but at the end of the day, I guess a lot of people tend to ''pick'' what they want to RP because that's easy to do and it's convenient for them.

I find it worse when people completely disregard any possibilities that someone might be having OOC game issues, and as a result, they try and FORCE an otherwise OOC situation into an IC one because they want their character to blow up on someone else or whatever ego-related things they might want to do.