Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

10 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Also, it's weirdly frowned upon that people can't RP dumb criminals...but IRL, 9/10 criminals are dumb...so if you do stupid crimes here on GTA:W you're considered a rule breaker. 

Because there's a big difference in the meaning of "dumb criminal".

In real life you have people who don't properly appreciate either the reward or the risks, or both. You might get someone sticking up a homeless person for $5, another trying to break into an ATM under the CCTV camera, or like those two who had a weed drive-through in broad daylight (and it worked until it didn't).

On GTAW, though? Dumb is something else. We don't get any of the more realistic stuff. A dumb criminal on GTAW will shoot someone dead in the middle of the street, with cameras around. Will go on robbery sprees for little to no reward. Unlike real life, we have an "out of character" medium, which encompases trolling and various rules to keep the gameplay as realistica s possible. Being dumb on GTAW is is always an excuse for convenience, not properly portraying a criminal who is just stupid. It's always taken to the extreme in super unrealistic ways.

I'm yet to see a dumb criminal accidentally pay twice as much for a gun shipment. Oh no, not that kind of dumb. Because our criminals are great at math. They just have no idea shooting a cop dead over a traffic ticket would put them in jail for the rest of their lives. They're only dumb when it's convenient. It's not an unpopular opinion, I'd say.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Another problem with that is here, we try to emulate real life a little too much. 

I'm of the same opinion.

I miss the old LSRP back in '15-'16 when you could go to the mall one evening and hang out with other mallrats, some idiot comes up with a bat and starts a massive brawl, police and paramedics come etc. It was chaos but it was fun. Realistic? Not at all.

But who cares when the alternative is driving around an empty map for 5 hours to then spend the next 3 in the same /anim in a bar, talking pointless and realistic nonesense with a stranger you'll never meet again? 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jain said:

Being in a relationship with someone and then breaking up isn't reason enough to kill them, no matter what your dumb ass told them about your criminal affiliations.

Wanting sex a relationship with her and she saying no also isn't

Edited by knppel
10 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I'm of the same opinion.

I miss the old LSRP back in '15-'16 when you could go to the mall one evening and hang out with other mallrats, some idiot comes up with a bat and starts a massive brawl, police and paramedics come etc. It was chaos but it was fun. Realistic? Not at all.

But who cares when the alternative is driving around an empty map for 5 hours to then spend the next 3 in the same /anim in a bar, talking pointless and realistic nonesense with a stranger you'll never meet again? 

Exactly bro, like all of us here been RPing since the dawn of GTA RP and it's just burnt trying to be this super elite RPer who is trying to rewrite a Michael Simon script for HBO. 

This server is full of people RPing who they wish they could be, appearance, confidence, etc - but the problem isn't that simple, these people all RP the same Kim K. bs super model EPR second life club goer, and the server lacks so much on the illegal side, it's just flat out boring as hell.

Same ol night club, same ol car meet, same ol British police. Yawn. It gets old after years and years, esp if you have been RPing forever and just want to have some fun. 

Not everyone wants to do this super life simulation 1:1 ultra realistic supreme shit anymore. We did that years ago, sorry for who missed out. Everyone knows how to RP by now, lets have fun. Most of us are in our 20s+, you think we wanna do that supreme elite shit anymore?  

• Applaud 3
10 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Because there's a big difference in the meaning of "dumb criminal".

In real life you have people who don't properly appreciate either the reward or the risks, or both. You might get someone sticking up a homeless person for $5, another trying to break into an ATM under the CCTV camera, or like those two who had a weed drive-through in broad daylight (and it worked until it didn't).

On GTAW, though? Dumb is something else. We don't get any of the more realistic stuff. A dumb criminal on GTAW will shoot someone dead in the middle of the street, with cameras around. Will go on robbery sprees for little to no reward. Unlike real life, we have an "out of character" medium, which encompases trolling and various rules to keep the gameplay as realistica s possible. Being dumb on GTAW is is always an excuse for convenience, not properly portraying a criminal who is just stupid. It's always taken to the extreme in super unrealistic ways.

I'm yet to see a dumb criminal accidentally pay twice as much for a gun shipment. Oh no, not that kind of dumb. Because our criminals are great at math. They just have no idea shooting a cop dead over a traffic ticket would put them in jail for the rest of their lives. They're only dumb when it's convenient. It's not an unpopular opinion, I'd say.

I hate to break it to you man, but dumb ass criminals do exactly all of that IRL. Does it happen a lot more frequently on GTA:W? Sure. Dumb criminals do not think about the risk but only just the reward. 

People do commit crimes, crazy crimes such as murder knowing that in most major cities there are cameras on every literal corner. 

"Being dumb on GTAW is is always an excuse for convenience, not properly portraying a criminal who is just stupid. It's always taken to the extreme in super unrealistic ways."

The reason they really do it is because the illegal RP scene is super boring, there isn't much else to do. Everything on GTA:W is catered to the LEOs, club goers, ERP, etc. 

There is no fun aspect to it. I'm not saying go extreme and let them do anything they want, but just like my previous post - it's just not enjoyable. 

My last post covers this exact issue.

Edited by Ronnie two poles
  • Applaud 1
25 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Dumb criminals do not think about the risk but only just the reward. 

The problem is that the players of dumb criminals expect their characters to succeed regardless when irl the old granny will beat you up with her purse if you try to rob her for it when you get out of the den, to then right away get you in again (I actually knew a guy to whom exactly this happened, lol)