Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

7 hours ago, Rhelli said:

People lease expensive cars in real life all the time.

Agree, people especially in low income areas often try to live above their paygrade and flex on a car.

Anyway.

For all the complaints about mallrats in sports cars, as far as I've seen the average ghetto gang character that's RPing that they're balling after 2 months of selling dime bags is sitting on like 50k$ IG and can't afford the kind of lifestyle, bling and clothes they portray their chars to have. Same breed different canvas.

Legal faction leadership salaries are way too high.

Needs more medical factions and more requirements to RP injuries and whatnot even if you find it boring.

Needs more incentive for players to join medical factions/factions that isn't politics/LEO/FD

Businesses that has been in this server for over an year, has constantly provided good RP and is very popular with people and is not based on a shitty concept should be made a faction. Example being IMEX. 

ULSA should have classes for adults to reskill for job specific areas (if this is already a thing, ignore it)

Business landlines.

Phones should be prohibited from being taken from you during a robbery. THey should be broken or thrown away but not stolen. That's just stupid.

Adding to that, phones should be trackable by the LEOs or yourself. You should also be able to remote wipe them.

A complete gun wipe should happen. IFM and LFM should oversee this and make sure illegal factions have enough guns to continue their work same with legal factions combating them. 

Player banks should be allowed. 

People should be able to RP anything as LONG AS IT IS WITHIN THE RULES. Be a clown, be airport security, be anything you want. 

REMOVE THE UNEMPLOYMENT WAGES IF YOU'RE IN A BUSINESS.

More taxes, more utilities stuff. Make electricity and internet a requirement to pay to Aurum and any other player businesses doing that rp (ngl bit biased cuz i run an ISP)

Owning expensive things should cost you more to maintain it.

25 minutes ago, Anders said:

Phones should be prohibited from being taken from you during a robbery. THey should be broken or thrown away but not stolen. That's just stupid.

Adding to that, phones should be trackable by the LEOs or yourself. You should also be able to remote wipe them.

LEOs do have the /trace command for phones however it's very restricted by the factions that have access to it (typically detective or command staff only).

Phone passwords at this point cannot be script-cracked. And I'd recommend looking into the /contracts command for more info how you can basically brick your phone once it gets taken from you.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:38 PM, etherair said:

We need to stop letting Europeans be in government.

Yes.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:30 PM, eTaylor said:

Make dogs free. 

Yes.

Age every (M) character up to 18/19. Make minor character creation forced behind an application. Unironically if I see an (M) next to their name, I expect them to be a shit RPer or DMer\light RPer. And I'm never wrong.

• Upvote 5
7 minutes ago, RSanders said:

Age every (M) character up to 18/19. Make minor character creation forced behind an application. Unironically if I see an (M) next to their name, I expect them to be a shit RPer or DMer\light RPer. And I'm never wrong.

The (M) doesn't stand for minor but (M)alicious, it's akin to the ADA or a blue badge in the EU and is in place to keep all players safe, knowing what type of crazy deprived back-to-front asswiper they're playing with! It's very evolutionary.

• Upvote 2
On 2/23/2022 at 10:45 PM, etherair said:

there shouldnt be a faction chat for any and all factions

It shouldn't be removed because sometimes we need to make an announcement to people or ask a question that isn't MG related.

I do believe it should be encouraged that faction chat should only be to ask questions and inform players of something important. I keep PD faction chat turned off at ALL times and only switch it on to ask a question or let them know a situation is an admin sit and pause.

You guys are driving me up a wall with vehicle leases.

"We need supercar/unique vehicle leases!"

"We don't need supercar/unique vehicle leases!"

If you think the Property Management team made a mistake on who gets what supercar/vehicle lease that is 'unique' I encourage you to reach out to me. 

You cannot all be pleased, find a middle point. 

3 hours ago, RSanders said:

I don't think this is necessary. As someone else said (M) at this point just means malicious, and the character is statistically handicapped with their recoil penalty while being afforded 0 advantages. No LEO that I know has ever gone easy on a minor character for the sake of being a minor. If they had to put any effort into their character, with an application, you'd just see a surge of sub-par normal adult aged characters in its place, all named stereotypically after whatever faction they're shooting for.