Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:27 PM, Jennie said:

You like it or not if I see you wearing a checkered shirt you are wearing a checkered shirt, rules, and it's not my fault if you're using mods.

Then I could be using mods and say that i'm driving a porsche panamera when I'm driving a brioso.

Arent u one of the modders that put the modpack together?

1 hour ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

Arent u one of the modders that put the modpack together?

Yes, but if you're going to blame me for not putting gang stuff blame the modder who didn't want us to add them and the lack of male mods available.

Edited by Jennie
  • Upvote 1

Modpacks that replace shirts with hoodies and vice versa are fucking stupid and should be clowned on for their laziness. It's really not difficult to at least attempt to curb the problem at least a little by having clothing replace similar clothing so you don't look like an absolute retard running around with half invisible arms.

Edited by Dom.
16 minutes ago, Dom. said:

Modpacks that replace shirts with hoodies and vice versa are fucking stupid and should be clowned on for their laziness. It's really not difficult to at least attempt to curb the problem at least a little by having clothing replace similar clothing so you don't look like an absolute retard running around with half invisible arms.

While I do agree to an extent, keep in mind that most of these clothing mods that replace clothing weren’t made specifically for use in RP servers. They were made for GTA V singleplayer for menyoo screenshots or just for messing around in. Since it’s singleplayer, it doesn’t really matter which clothing is replaced. 

Blaming the modder for not catering to an RP server is a tad bit unfair. Unless of course, the modder did indeed made it specifically for RP server use.

12 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

While I do agree to an extent, keep in mind that most of these clothing mods that replace clothing weren’t made specifically for use in RP servers. They were made for GTA V singleplayer for menyoo screenshots or just for messing around in. Since it’s singleplayer, it doesn’t really matter which clothing is replaced. 

Blaming the modder for not catering to an RP server is a tad bit unfair. Unless of course, the modder did indeed made it specifically for RP server use.

I mean modpacks made for the server.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:06 AM, ScarletRose said:

Agreed. This is part of the reason I don't think I can ever win a gunfight on this server. 

Like I was on the server playing at an airsoft place a few weeks ago. My first time RPing at an airsoft place and also my first time using a gun to shoot other characters too, even tho it was just airsoft. And when the game started, I was trying to play airsoft "realistically". I was going to coordinate a plan with my team, I was using cover, trying to use high ground advantage, taking it slow, conserving ammo, etc. But... That was a bad idea because I noticed very fast when the game started that no one else did that. Everyone was speed strafing in a zig zag in the middle of the map just killing people super fast paced like a GTA Online deathmatch. It was so fast paced that you could barely respawn and walk back to spawn without getting gunned down immediately.

Granted, this was indeed Airsoft. It's a game, not a real gunfight, so obviously people will be more reckless and aggressive. But I'd reckon that this behavior also happens in actual gunfights too, at least to a lesser degree. No one uses cover and gunfights don't play out as realistically as it should.

Now imagine if instead of airsoft, I was in a real gunfight on GTAW, I'd lose every time if I try to play it realistically xD. It would definitely be cool if people played more realistically in terms of gunfights, actually utilize cover, etc.

Nervous should nerf the speed , if he wants to make gunfights more realistic then take away the abilities that players use to play aggro , if he can’t then it is what it is and it’s part of the game . 

On 9/30/2022 at 4:01 AM, DLimit said:

It's sort of challenging for officers or victims to be able to do a "/do What is the suspect wearing?" during an active chase or robbery. That's the reason that the rule is in place. Height and weight are easily observable in "/examine"... clothes? Not so much, as people wear different outfits, every day.

People should start including their outfits in /examine , I don’t see why that would be issue if they did  . I don’t use mods . But I would be more open to /examine someone to describe their outfit and unique tatts if they have any .  Instead of just say he was wearing a checkered shirt , when the player is clearly not rping wearing a checkered shirt .  It’s call balancing , making it fair play. 

6 minutes ago, DannyMoney said:

People should start including their outfits in /examine , I don’t see why that would be issue if they did  . I don’t use mods . But I would be more open to /examine someone to describe their outfit and unique tatts if they have any .  Instead of just say he was wearing a checkered shirt , when the player is clearly not rping wearing a checkered shirt .  It’s call balancing , making it fair play. 

Looks good on paper but no player is gonna take the time to delete shit from their /attributes and add more shit every single time they put on a new set of clothing. 

To be honest, people already put too much information in their /attributes as-is. If there is an important-enough detail about your outfit, where mentioning it would be beneficial to the scenario at hand, just emote it. Having people write 20 (or more) different descriptions for every outfit their character has would be... painful.

Edited by onefortyseven