Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

1. Female characters are judged a lot more harshly than male characters. 

2. Your IC position within any branch of RP does not effect your social status OOC. We're all nerds who roleplay. 

3. Every faction, every avenue of roleplay, every area on the map all have good and bad roleplayers within them. 

4. An important aspect of a faction is teaching new people who join you how to improve their RP. 

5. Being a bad roleplayer doesn't make someone a bad person. Being a good roleplayer doesn't make someone a good person. 

6. Nearly every single illegal rper MGs. (I assume the same is true for most RP this is just what I've seen most of.)

7. A huge amount of people who publicly shame others for erp, also erp. They just have more shame. Source: The amount of people who have slid in my DMs in the the past three years trying to get some erp.

• Upvote 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2
3 hours ago, Anders said:

Here's an actual unpopular opinion;

Alts shouldn't be allowed. Especially if you're in a illegal or legal faction with your main and you make an alt to join said illegal or legal faction.

You should have three chars at max. One legal, one illegal and one jail char if you really want that.

I kind agree with that. Especially since I'm in Judiciary, one of my biggest pet - peeves is that any conviction, be it prison sentence for "X" amount of time or life penalty don't have any effect, whatsoever. Often times, JSA Judges after some massacre hand down life imprisonment, only to see a player /namechage or delete character  as soon as we hand down life imprisonment sentence. It's needless to say that they join "their" illegal faction shortly after on new char or with new name. It's just rinse and repeat, life doesn't have any value because often times "those" illegal RP'ers have spender characters, so they delete them when they end up in prison, or they simply /Namechage and live of huge wealth that they amassed over the time.

Edited by Revolter
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Perstephone said:

1. Female characters are judged a lot more harshly than male characters. 

2. Your IC position within any branch of RP does not effect your social status OOC. We're all nerds who roleplay. 

3. Every faction, every avenue of roleplay, every area on the map all have good and bad roleplayers within them. 

4. An important aspect of a faction is teaching new people who join you how to improve their RP. 

5. Being a bad roleplayer doesn't make someone a bad person. Being a good roleplayer doesn't make someone a good person. 

6. Nearly every single illegal rper MGs. (I assume the same is true for most RP this is just what I've seen most of.)

7. A huge amount of people who publicly shame others for erp, also erp. They just have more shame. Source: The amount of people who have slid in my DMs in the the past three years trying to get some erp.

• Upvote 1

I don't care about how many hours of research anyone's done into gang/crime/nationality/other culture, it doesn't make your concept right by default and in fact most of the time the people who bring up citations of some article on crime or gangs like they were doing undergrad papers often have failed to portray what they set out to portray in-game and are justifying it with external sources instead of their RP.