Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

9 hours ago, croozerdog said:

Can't help it sometimes, several kinds of RP have been banned for being too offensive and gross, I think nazi rp should either be banned or allowing everyone to deathmatch nazi faction members.

Seriously though, some nazi rpers are self inserts and it creeps me the fuck out that admins cater to them by adding actual swastika's as tats, couldn't believe that shit first time I saw it ingame, because it means someone is so cringe that they made nazi tats for gtao character models and admins went out of their way to mod them into the server.

I see why a lot of people think this way, but it isn’t generally based in reality. I can’t speak about how things were two years ago or other communities, but from what I’ve seen doing white rp in the past and still lingering in the discords, 99 percent of the people involved are just portraying characters and people that actually express neo nazi views are clowned or blatantly kicked out of factions. As for tattoos, it’s really no different from any gang tattoo in context. Virtually no one rps an actual political based skinhead character and if you’re doing white rp on the server correctly, your characters main motivation is almost always either money or getting high. If your character is praying to a Hitler altar or reading Mein Kampf daily, it’s being done wrong. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, voucher said:

I see why a lot of people think this way, but it isn’t generally based in reality. I can’t speak about how things were two years ago or other communities, but from what I’ve seen doing white rp in the past and still lingering in the discords, 99 percent of the people involved are just portraying characters and people that actually express neo nazi views are clowned or blatantly kicked out of factions. As for tattoos, it’s really no different from any gang tattoo in context. Virtually no one rps an actual political based skinhead character and if you’re doing white rp on the server correctly, your characters main motivation is almost always either money or getting high. If your character is praying to a Hitler altar or reading Mein Kampf daily, it’s being done wrong. 

I'd add to this one thing, rather a detail some people seem to miss, like me. The portrayal here isn't as much nazi oriented as it focused on white supremacist gangs, whom are known to use nazi imagery, but rarely the ideology, they are more interested in making money by selling meth, guns and doing all sorts of stuff. While neonazis, as we percieve them are extremist groups and right-wing revolutionaries, which is considered domestic terrorism and thus, not allowed on the server.

• Upvote 3

Whenever I do a /breakin and I wait for several hours with my friends, we give up and try the next day... and history just repeats itself. Then I think, how can I politely ask an admin that's on duty why it's taking so damn long? I really could've used these hours on something much more productive if that's IRL or in game, and if I move and get occupied by RP, then the admin won't wait a fragment of the time I've waited for them. Why is our staff team creates new projects and what not when we have issues like these still going around? It's quite obvious to take out competition, but it'll be a complete waste if small, but BIG issues like these aren't fixed while other communities will have a way around it. Listen, my job isn't to tell you what to do and how to do it. You have a development team, and I'm merely a player among many, that plays in the only community that do RP text in English... for now. You wanna do a report? Use the forums. We don't have a breakin request on the forums bruh. I'm able to workout, eat, talk to a shorty, smoke a joint and still not have my shit accepted. Where do we go from here? Let's make a second project while we still got major issues on our first one! 

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hendrix Jackson said:

Whenever I do a /breakin and I wait for several hours with my friends, we give up and try the next day... and history just repeats itself. Then I think, how can I politely ask an admin that's on duty why it's taking so damn long? I really could've used these hours on something much more productive if that's IRL or in game, and if I move and get occupied by RP, then the admin won't wait a fragment of the time I've waited for them. Why is our staff team creates new projects and what not when we have issues like these still going around? It's quite obvious to take out competition, but it'll be a complete waste if small, but BIG issues like these aren't fixed while other communities will have a way around it. Listen, my job isn't to tell you what to do and how to do it. You have a development team, and I'm merely a player among many, that plays in the only community that do RP text in English... for now. You wanna do a report? Use the forums. We don't have a breakin request on the forums bruh. I'm able to workout, eat, talk to a shorty, smoke a joint and still not have my shit accepted. Where do we go from here? Let's make a second project while we still got major issues on our first one! 

Just befriend an admin. 

• Upvote 6

9) Offensive Roleplay

The purpose of this rule is to find a balance between allowing players to be comfortable when playing while still allowing some freedom during roleplay. The roleplay that is restricted under this rule falls under the broad term of "Offensive Roleplay", but it does not mean that any roleplay that offends a player is not allowed.

I think cannibalism 100% falls under "offensive roleplay" yet under certain circumstances should be allowed, maybe through an application with a believable and serious backstory? It shouldn't be as big of a deal as we make it out to be. If dismemberment, torture, and gruesome injuries are allowed to RP with consent, why can't the mere concept or even mentions of cannibalism exist on the server? Actually, let's take it a bit further.

One of the many things that could be considered offensive, the server for example has a feature that as of now, allows players to make characters under 16, under the sole condition that they use these characters to RP being exploited and abused by criminal organizations. If that condition is not met, they are not allowed to make a character any younger than 16.

Yes, this bars off potentially creepy scenarios and players. Good! But it also bars off interesting regular scenarios such as players deciding to innocently RP a family together. Welp, you're getting none of that, your character that's younger than 16 has to have a horrible life and die early or grow up to be desensitized to violence. Any younger than 16 and your character is destined to be used as a glorified money-making, or killing machine or else you're violating an OOC rule. (This isn't a burn on (M) characters, I know there are great portrayals out there).

Characters must be at least 16 years old. The only exception to this rule is if you make a character with the intent on getting involved with a gang faction. This is to allow more realistic recruitment for gangs as they typically target teenagers for recruitment. These characters are allowed to be no younger than 12 years old.

Ugly words, right? No one wants to hear that. Well, that's exactly the same for cannibalism. It's extremely unpleasant and upsetting to hear about, it's not something anyone wants to see or hear about, it's something that should not exist, but is a direct product of a certain environment. GTA World's Los Santos is a messed up world and there is no exception nor shortage of objectively messed up stuff happening in Los Santos.

- Does this mean I'd make a cannibal character if I had the chance to?

Possibly, why not? It's intriguing to RP properly and establish a believable character that has a problem. If anything, we should ban the unrealistic portrayal of cannibalism should it happen, not the entirety of the concept and mentions of it.

- Am I weird for thinking that the concept would be fun to RP?

Depends on you. I think it's interesting.

- Do I personally condone cannibalism in real life?

Absolutely not, I hate the fact that it's a thing. But isn't it the point of role-playing to RP something you aren't?

That's how your draw the line between yourself and RP. But let's take a look at Los Santos and what it represents, is it really that far-fetched to think that messed up characters would eventually start to appear out of an equally messed up environment? It's not an "But it happens IRL!" argument here, I'm taking purely GTA World examples. We don't need to dig through real life to find an environment that would not be healthy to live in, when we also have the same if not worse in GTA W's Los Santos.

But it doesn't mean everything should be allowed to be role-played either! As for:

• bestiality;
  • necrophilia;
  • paedophilia.
  • Rape roleplay is fully forbidden.

Yeah, rightfully so forbidden. That kind of stuff can stay off of the server because of it treads into sexual territory. Especially considering that we have players under 18 on here. It'd be much better to keep ERP on here if we could enforce rule 19 confidently and efficiently. ERP should happen between adult players and adult characters only, but I don't doubt people actively try and get around it unfortunately, so yeah, sexual RP should be closely regulated without adding fuel to the fire and allowing these things would only make things x200 worse.

Ultimately, whether or not cannibalism is allowed or not doesn't make much of a difference to me and I don't really care, it's just an example to talk about offensive RP and what it entails on GTA World's Los Santos, a less than desirable environment by nature.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 1