Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

It do be getting weird when the seventeen year old british kid from essex starts changing his discord profile/display picture/name to some black american street gangster, spewing lyrics from some song in their profile info and say the n-word to the point of them practically adapting the south central identity to a concerning level. There's doing it for the sake of RP and then there's just being weird. 

• Upvote 12
  • Applaud 2
5 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

Sadly the only reason this could be an unpopular opinion is because the preference to deny truth and facts. I have seen ERP kill the MC scene bit by bit, and it still does to this day.

I think you forget mcs literally have Wing patches for sexual feats. It's kinda in the culture 

4 hours ago, Actualbear said:

It do be getting weird when the seventeen year old british kid from essex starts changing his discord profile/display picture/name to some black american street gangster, spewing lyrics from some song in their profile info and say the n-word to the point of them practically adapting the south central identity to a concerning level. There's doing it for the sake of RP and then there's just being weird. 

The amount of people like that existing on GtaW is truly shocking.

19 minutes ago, Alys said:

The amount of people like that existing on GtaW is truly shocking.

Isn't it the same with Nazi RPers? Wasn't there a scandal a few years ago where it turned out a group of people roleplaying Nazis with aryan brotherhood discord and forum profile pictures were actually massive racists OOCly?

20 minutes ago, Westen said:

Isn't it the same with Nazi RPers? Wasn't there a scandal a few years ago where it turned out a group of people roleplaying Nazis with aryan brotherhood discord and forum profile pictures were actually massive racists OOCly?

Don't ask me about that since I wasn't around years ago, I haven't got a clue about that scandal.

5 hours ago, Actualbear said:

78f0209a90c5e0d7901dbdca52b8f27d.gif

You mean to tell me that someone who wants to RP a skinhead might have questionable views on race? I'm shocked. Horrified, even. Who could have possibly thought that wanting RP as far right white supremacists might be a red flag?  It's preposterous. Ludacris!

Edited by Barbary
1 hour ago, Barbary said:

You mean to tell me that someone who wants to RP a skinhead might have questionable views on race? I'm shocked. Horrified, even. Who could have possibly thought that wanting RP as far right white supremacists might be a red flag?  It's preposterous. Ludacris!

Same thing can be said about other groups of people that roleplay certain questionable things.