Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

9 minutes ago, sCrax said:

So you are alright with grown men "pretending" to be sex workers here but aren't comfortable with someone roleplaying a 16 year old? LOL

Quote me on that will you? Don't go around putting words in my mouth, I shared my "unpopular" opinion and I'm entitled to feel however I want to feel. It doesn't impact you. Now lets not derail the thread, feel free to private message me if you want.

Edited by Martyn
38 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Quote me on that will you? Don't go around putting words in my mouth, I shared my "unpopular" opinion and I'm entitled to feel however I want to feel. It doesn't impact you. Now lets not derail the thread, feel free to private message me if you want.

Your opinion is very unpopular, indeed.
Unpopular Opinion Swords | Know Your Meme

On 6/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, Rekhoem said:

cannibalism rp should be allowed. its a popular "bad guy" trope since the dawn of time and there's people irl who practise it to some extent, believe it or not. A well portrayed cannibal serial killer or something would be a nice contrast to the usual gang crime we have going around

No. What the fuck. No.

On 6/26/2022 at 2:49 AM, loanshark said:

In-character motorcycle clubs are fronts for e-sex shenanigans. 

Sadly the only reason this could be an unpopular opinion is because the preference to deny truth and facts. I have seen ERP kill the MC scene bit by bit, and it still does to this day.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, Engelbert said:

"How and why would a legal character pull out a gun on a criminal?"

There are no legal characters left. The crime rate made every living being in the city reconsider their stance on violence.

They all repay in kind.

I actually got sanctioned by that because "poor escalation"

On 7/5/2022 at 4:30 PM, LuckyBastard said:

Players that portray stereotypical African American characters in game are racist

Is this really unpopular? At some point the balance between 'wanting to RP a black character' and 'wanting to freely say the N-word and defend it as "It's just RP bro" ' tips dangerously close to the right side.

3 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Is this really unpopular? At some point the balance between 'wanting to RP a black character' and 'wanting to freely say the N-word and defend it as "It's just RP bro" ' tips dangerously close to the right side.

You should check how many times it's used in such discord servers. Even the GTAW official one