Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Minors should be application based characters. Too often they are poorly portrayed and and often are used as an excuse for "my character is young and dumb so I did a dumb thing"

What should be a flaw and opportunity to grow a character from a young age proved to be something that should be a privilege to rp.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, Orpheus49 said:

Minors should be application based characters. Too often they are poorly portrayed and and often are used as an excuse for "my character is young and dumb so I did a dumb thing"

What should be a flaw and opportunity to grow a character from a young age proved to be something that should be a privilege to rp.

Dumb things when they are caught, when they're not they're John Wick 2.0 and never do dumb things.

2 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

As much as I dislike (M) characters due to the sheer fact that it personally makes me feel uncomfortable knowing there are grown men pretending to be children on a video game, this isn't going to solve anything. The people who are being shitty on (M) characters right now will simply resume their shenanigans on adult characters because it's just what they enjoy doing.

At least the way it is now gives you the ability to identify them and avoid them. It's basically the equivalent of legal roleplayers wearing cat ears, it's a big WARNING sign to stay far away from them.

Just now, Martyn said:

it personally makes me feel uncomfortable knowing there are grown men pretending to be children

That's not what roleplay is. Roleplay isn't "pretending", more so portraying via writing. 

There are already strict rules around minors. Just leave the issue alone for people who portray them correctly for development, and report those who don't do it right.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, im not a hero said:

That's not what roleplay is. Roleplay isn't "pretending", more so portraying via writing. 

There are already strict rules around minors. Just leave the issue alone for people who portray them correctly for development, and report those who don't do it right.

Oh damn, really? Do tell me more.

Ca9fyNu.png

24 minutes ago, Martyn said:

As much as I dislike (M) characters due to the sheer fact that it personally makes me feel uncomfortable knowing there are grown men pretending to be children on a video game, this isn't going to solve anything. The people who are being shitty on (M) characters right now will simply resume their shenanigans on adult characters because it's just what they enjoy doing.

At least the way it is now gives you the ability to identify them and avoid them. It's basically the equivalent of legal roleplayers wearing cat ears, it's a big WARNING sign to stay far away from them.

So you are alright with grown men "pretending" to be sex workers here but aren't comfortable with someone roleplaying a 16 year old? LOL

• Upvote 1