Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

One of oldest roleplay saying "If you can do something, doesn't mean you should."

It's a game yes, but LS is not LA, server Los Santos has it's own lore and demographic.

Not sure how the real estate go in LA's counterpart of Mirror Park, but in Mirror Park, you have one apartment block and plenty of middle / high class houses, which usually cost millions, if you wanna have gang there, sure do your thing, but don't complain if people won't like it.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

One of oldest roleplay saying "If you can do something, doesn't mean you should."

It's a game yes, but LS is not LA, server Los Santos has it's own lore and demographic.

Not sure how the real estate go in LA's counterpart of Mirror Park, but in Mirror Park, you have one apartment block and plenty of middle / high class houses, which usually cost millions, if you wanna have gang there, sure do your thing, but don't complain if people won't like it.

Seems my opinion was very UNPOPULAR
Unpopular Opinion Swords: Image Gallery (Sorted by Favorites) | Know Your  Meme

Edited by Xaleya
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Engelbert said:

mirror park's irl counter part is echo park. echo park is considered one of the best neighborhoods in los angeles, though it still has gang activity. over these last 20 years or so echo park became hipster infested, houses there cost around 1.9 million. gentrification. but it still has 5 different sets surrounding the park.

echo.PNG

it doesn't have to be a low income drug ridden neighborhood for a gang to exist there.
yes, LS isn't L.A but if we wanna aim for a certain level of realism our ic lore should still be heavily inspired by los angeles cause LS literally replaces los angeles in our lore. there's a lot of references we can use and i think that's a good thing. los angeles isn't the only city with a gang problem, a ton of cities on the west coast are gang infested, not as much as los angeles but still. idk why illegal and legal roleplayers are still beefing though. we're dependent on each other. if the legal rpers are gone, illegal rp would just be half as fun and if illegal rp was gone everything would get boring quick cause then this server would become some habbo rp type thing just with better graphics. i get it, it's frustrating to see crimes happening every day, i really do. but why make it such a big deal? keep on pushing, fuck it. to make it make sense for the sake of our own character development we just have to stop giving a fuck about certain things. i only rp in davis, u think i rp every body on the ground? no i don't. some restrictions were made that limited rp for the illegal scene for the sake of legal roleplayers so y'all won't get robbed soon as y'all step outside. i also think it all comes down to how u carry urself icly. i've been playing here for 3 years and i only got robbed twice and i got pkd like 5 times and i only do illegal rp, mostly in davis. people come down to davis, the worst part of town and show no respect for it's residents, it's gang culture and what not and then are surprised when something happens to them. not just davis but every area with active sets. in l.a u can get in trouble for just saying the wrong word in certain neighborhoods, wearing the wrong hat or jersey, it's not unrealistic. ofc there's people who unnecessarily escalate things but that's what the report section is for. it's unfair to paint the whole illegal scene with the same brush y'all paint rulebreakers with. it's like me saying that every legal roleplayer roleplays as a grey haired depressed lesbian/transsexual, which isn't the case. the illegal scene suffers from unrealistic escalations just as much as the legal scene does.

Edited by damnbrah
  • Upvote 6

Unpopular opinion: people saying gangs steal their cars and rob them everyday everywhere are lying. I personally have never been robbed or had cars stolen both on legal and illegal characters nor do I know of any faction that encourages this behavior. If you think the entire city is safe that’s your loss. Just because real estate prices are high in an area doesn’t make it safe. Gangs have territories AND there are resources ICly for your character to know exactly where they are. 

Stop leaving your car in dark alleys in Vespucci when you carelessly rush to the next club or café to stand in /anim partydance like it’s a Habbo chatroom and you probably will find your car.

Unpopular opinion: A HUGE part of this server speaks and acts like life is My Little Pony and it’s very weird. I understand that a lot of the playerbase is heavily influenced by… video game culture… and it might explain some of the questionable fashion. But the personality? People just live in a super positive world praising the "courage" of their "BFFs" and whatnot and it feels like I’m watching a Barbie movie sometimes.

Unpopular opinion: NOT ONE SINGLE person portraying a "femboy" is portraying a femboy or a femme gay man which would be so much more interesting. Again y’all are portraying weird internet culture cosplay anime shit and when people understandably reject it you deem it homophobic or whatever. It’s not. Your portrayal is just shit and weird. 

Using the super thicc Nivinha body mod and just claiming "I am a boy" in your FB bio does not make you a femboy RPer. Whipping out a 9inch dick when you erp female characters because your character "isn’t gay just because he’s a femboy" isn’t unique portrayal. It’s bringing your weird lesbian + shemale + other fantasies to life.

I’d be so down to see people RP femme gay men like Saucy Santana or even fucking James Charles rather than these jokes of a character.

Unpopular opinion: The very obvious FB only "shitposter" or "troll" characters isn’t giving what y’all thought it was giving. Most of them have the wit of a goldfish with Down syndrome. It’s never creative, it’s never funny. It’s always memes from 2014 that you probably have found on some sick incel subreddit. I miss smart trolls. Most of them are watered down and uninteresting now and just a way for virgins to share their IRL bigot opinions on FB without any consequences (i.e. white supremacy, incel shit etc. I don’t need to name it we all know the kind of people I’m talking about.) I can tell y’all still use XD and ^^ in 2022.

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 7

cannibalism rp should be allowed. its a popular "bad guy" trope since the dawn of time and there's people irl who practise it to some extent, believe it or not. A well portrayed cannibal serial killer or something would be a nice contrast to the usual gang crime we have going around

• Upvote 5
20 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Unpopular opinion: people saying gangs steal their cars and rob them everyday everywhere are lying. I personally have never been robbed or had cars stolen both on legal and illegal characters nor do I know of any faction that encourages this behavior. If you think the entire city is safe that’s your loss. Just because real estate prices are high in an area doesn’t make it safe. Gangs have territories AND there are resources ICly for your character to know exactly where they are. 

Stop leaving your car in dark alleys in Vespucci when you carelessly rush to the next club or café to stand in /anim partydance like it’s a Habbo chatroom and you probably will find your car.

Unpopular opinion: A HUGE part of this server speaks and acts like life is My Little Pony and it’s very weird. I understand that a lot of the playerbase is heavily influenced by… video game culture… and it might explain some of the questionable fashion. But the personality? People just live in a super positive world praising the "courage" of their "BFFs" and whatnot and it feels like I’m watching a Barbie movie sometimes.

Unpopular opinion: NOT ONE SINGLE person portraying a "femboy" is portraying a femboy or a femme gay man which would be so much more interesting. Again y’all are portraying weird internet culture cosplay anime shit and when people understandably reject it you deem it homophobic or whatever. It’s not. Your portrayal is just shit and weird. 

Using the super thicc Nivinha body mod and just claiming "I am a boy" in your FB bio does not make you a femboy RPer. Whipping out a 9inch dick when you erp female characters because your character "isn’t gay just because he’s a femboy" isn’t unique portrayal. It’s bringing your weird lesbian + shemale + other fantasies to life.

I’d be so down to see people RP femme gay men like Saucy Santana or even fucking James Charles rather than these jokes of a character.

Unpopular opinion: The very obvious FB only "shitposter" or "troll" characters isn’t giving what y’all thought it was giving. Most of them have the wit of a goldfish with Down syndrome. It’s never creative, it’s never funny. It’s always memes from 2014 that you probably have found on some sick incel subreddit. I miss smart trolls. Most of them are watered down and uninteresting now and just a way for virgins to share their IRL bigot opinions on FB without any consequences (i.e. white supremacy, incel shit etc. I don’t need to name it we all know the kind of people I’m talking about.) I can tell y’all still use XD and ^^ in 2022.

i second this to 100% ";DDDDDDDDDDDDD"