Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

10 minutes ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

Jesus man, don't give them any ideas....

Here's an unpopular opinion: Robbing for PF guns isn't bad. If the entire city almost carries an item that can be resold for $20,000+ and I want to take advantage of that, there's no problem with that. As long as the people who die during the robberies CK if they get killed, I don't think its really an issue. The entire city carries around a gun, and people will buy a single pistol for as much as $50,000, if planned and roleplayed properly, there shouldn't be an issue with it. 

Only problem with this is they lose so they won’t agree. I agree with Taking away PK guns to prove a point that it won’t HELP. People can have what they want with this PK gun shit but that won’t stop people from robbing other players. 🤷🏽‍♂️

unpopular opinion pt2: a vast majority of “legal” roleplayers are more play to win and scared to lose then “illegal” roleplayers are.  And that is extremely apparent when around the topic of guns.

unpopular opinion pt3: the heavy amount of Micromanagement by Illegal Faction Management would be perfectly fine if they increase the size of their team. Stop being scared to let people into your little circle and give new support members and admins a chance to ‘serve’  IFM. Or bring the LC team over (not like they doing much) and work with them to get applications answered in a timely manner. 

Edited by ZaE
23 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Lowkey im in favor of PF guns not being allowed to be stolen. But then that brings into question what somebody will do if they rob somebody and they have a PF gun. Do they tell them to give it anyway? Do they let their VICTIM openly possess a gun they could pull out when they turn their backs? Just a thought

Shooting at someone who's fleeing is ICly prohibited for PF owners, so if a PF owner shoots at a fleeing criminal they could be prosecuted or sued.

31 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Do they let their VICTIM openly possess a gun they could pull out when they turn their backs?

The fix I've always had for this has been to roleplay the act of throwing the gun/phone of the victim well out of reach, with very specific descriptions of what it lands next to in order to create a very real goal that must be met before they can use the discarded item against us.

If they fail to properly roleplay retrieving their firearm/phone before using it? We always have clear, conclusive evidence of them breaking the rules. They get to keep their gun/phone, and we don't get shot/reported to the police before we've cleared the area.

It's kept victims honest for a while now.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 2
59 minutes ago, Laird Mayhew said:

if you take away the ability for PF guns to be stolen? Robberies would plummet

robberies would plummet if people would stop acting untouchable in a city where around 20 murders happen a day. id think if u go through the process of getting a pf license you'd know how problematic this city can be so how tf do u manage to get robbed. if its really this easy to get guns then i might go rob some people tn, thanks for the inspo buddy

16 minutes ago, displayname said:

robberies would plummet if people would stop acting untouchable in a city where around 20 murders happen a day. id think if u go through the process of getting a pf license you'd know how problematic this city can be so how tf do u manage to get robbed. if its really this easy to get guns then i might go rob some people tn, thanks for the inspo buddy

Just doing gods work.