Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:00 PM, displayname said:

all he's tryna say is that robberies do not happen as often as everyone says

Yeah they do. Most players we arrest for having firearms have stolen pistols with serials on them. How do you think those weapons are obtained?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 3
2 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Yeah they do. Most players we arrest for having firearms have stolen pistols with serials on them. How do you think those weapons are obtained?

Unlike real life LAPD where they recently mostly report that "the firearm was a ghost-gun", the majority of weapons seized in GTA:World are usually stolen PF firearms.

21 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

The amount of people who abuse their PF can t be that high.

There's people who get caught, and some who don't.  I have the numbers, but I'm not going to publicly post them.

The abuse that is committed with PF abuse when the firearms are used are often very visible, and that's what I think that the problem is.

9 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

The amount of people who abuse their PF can t be that high.

idk but i dont think that all these weapons come from muggings, i robbed some people myself and never did anyone ever have a gun on them, i did steal pf guns out of vehicles though. one time i stole a pf pistol out of a car, the next day my char got arrested and it turned out the pistol i stole a day before actually belonged to the officer that arrested my char lol

4 hours ago, displayname said:

idk but i dont think that all these weapons come from muggings, i robbed some people myself and never did anyone ever have a gun on them, i did steal pf guns out of vehicles though. one time i stole a pf pistol out of a car, the next day my char got arrested and it turned out the pistol i stole a day before actually belonged to the officer that arrested my char lol

They do. The whole reason people get mugged is because of weapons. PF guns are literally the driving force, hardly anyone cares about phones and cash. That’s just a bonus. Hypothetically, if you take away the ability for PF guns to be stolen? Robberies would plummet. The amount of guns you get might be less because it happened so often that everyone just stopped carrying anything, but it doesn’t change the reasoning why robberies are popular. There’s a chance you get a gun that sells for an insane amount on the open market. 

Edited by Laird Mayhew
21 minutes ago, Laird Mayhew said:

if you take away the ability for PF guns to be stolen? Robberies would plummet

no they wouldnt. people like me exist that rob people as apart of a small clique or crew within their gang still exists. i can count 3 gang factions that have 50+ members that dont rob anybody, its not like this would fix it. people dont really rob people all the time for PF guns thats just an assumption, most people do it just do to it or have screens on their thread. 

I say we take away the ability for PF guns to be stolen OR get LSSD (not PD) to crack down on stolen guns a lot more. Give an IC reason for people to stop trying to rob guns off people.

most of the people that rob people though aren't within gangs or are new to the server / new on their character and feel the need for a gun. But there is another side of people in the illegal community that rob that don't do it solely for guns, rather for the interactions and development of their character.

Lowkey im in favor of PF guns not being allowed to be stolen. But then that brings into question what somebody will do if they rob somebody and they have a PF gun. Do they tell them to give it anyway? Do they let their VICTIM openly possess a gun they could pull out when they turn their backs? Just a thought

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Lowkey im in favor of PF guns not being allowed to be stolen. 

Jesus man, don't give them any ideas....

Here's an unpopular opinion: Robbing for PF guns isn't bad. If the entire city almost carries an item that can be resold for $20,000+ and I want to take advantage of that, there's no problem with that. As long as the people who die during the robberies CK if they get killed, I don't think its really an issue. The entire city carries around a gun, and people will buy a single pistol for as much as $50,000, if planned and roleplayed properly, there shouldn't be an issue with it. 

Edited by joebidensmokesyesca
  • Upvote 2