Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

There was a few days in November of last year when the whole server was down because of Rockstar I think. And only like.. 15 people were able to sign in because they hadnt disconnected or something. I was one of those people. We did Zombie apocalypse then, and It was some of the most hilarious RP I'd done. Unofficially, of course.. We were hunkered down in the mall at one point, playing on the radio frequencies. Putting out ADs for any remaining survivors to meet up. 

image.thumb.png.f12338233754c872fb8ce0f794b2b356.png

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
44 minutes ago, MistressOfMayhem said:

There was a few days in November of last year when the whole server was down because of Rockstar I think. And only like.. 15 people were able to sign in because they hadnt disconnected or something. I was one of those people. We did Zombie apocalypse then, and It was some of the most hilarious RP I'd done. Unofficially, of course.. We were hunkered down in the mall at one point, playing on the radio frequencies. Putting out ADs for any remaining survivors to meet up. 

Although this should not be canon, I'd fucking love to read everyone's stories and see screenshots of this. It sounds like fun.

11 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Unpopular opinion: A lot of supposed creative writers (read: roleplayers) on here are extremely unimaginative and require too much hand-holding at any given time.

This is correct, as someone in FLD I can attest to the fact that most roleplayers are terrible at both creative writing and reading comprehension.

The Good Cause section for a CCW application is a creative writing test, most people get denied because they are unable to articulate reasons for a CCW properly.

Most people fail the exam as well, because a lot of players are not good at comprehensive reading.

I'm actively keeping an eye at the passing grade for the exams, the amount of CCW applications that get denied or banned, and the good cause written in them. A lot of it is unfortunately abysmal.

If you believe you're a good creative writer and have a good reading comprehension, I encourage you to get a PF and a CCW at https://fld.gta.world, the PF license is free and the CCW is only $5000.

1 hour ago, MistressOfMayhem said:

Okay, I'm kind of jelous about that, this must have been insanely awesome. 

2 hours ago, girl you a mess said:

You can't really unless you're starting new? Because if I go back on my character who had alot of connections and involved in stuff then one day everyone you know including whole parts of town are disappeared then its like waking up to the zombie apocalypse.

But yeah, it's just like you said, it's just hard to excuse the economy that obviously got a hit, the connections and all the shit characters were involved into suddenly gone and the rest that keeps online needs an excuse to all this roleplay gone missing. Though days been trying to keep server alive and I really don't see a big deal on roleplay something happening to excuse it all, would be kind of cool having this subject to brought up in a conversation too, helps breaking ice on people you have no strings attach nor anything in common and maybe develop a new relationship whatnot.

13 minutes ago, displayname said:

"LC was a mistake" no tf it wasnt. people been rping in LS for AGES 

This.

If you're crying that LS has less players, then you're just complaining about your assets. The fact that LC released and is doing so good is good for the community overall as it shows that people wanted a change. Instead of Nervous supporting LS, he should just focus on whatever the community prefers.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Jeroen said:

The Good Cause section for a CCW application is a creative writing test

Well that's pretty fucking crazy because the LSPD aren't admins so they shouldn't dictate what is and isn't good writing.

Just goes to show that those CCW apps need to go.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Applaud 1
On 10/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, TheSenate said:

Exaclty, I’m an LC player now myself and I couldn’t really see myself getting back into the action in Los Santos. Seen it, done it.

But with respect to this “was LC a mistake debate”, just let people choose the location they prefer and the cards fall where they shall. Any action taken to favor Los Santos and try and push players back there harms LC, any action taken to try and push more players to LC harms LS. All “rebalancing” the player base is going to do is anger people on both sides. LS will still be dissatisfied that they aren’t peaking 700+ anymore, LC will be frustrated that their numbers dropped.

This is a gaming community, it’s obvious that at least for now the majority of players prefer LC. We can debate the reasons as to why, but based on daily player counts, that seems to be evident at the moment. Suggesting that giving people something they obviously seem to be having a lot of fun with was a mistake because it harmed LS is somewhat silly. I think LC proves (at least so far) just how frustrated and bored a lot of people were getting with Los Santos and how much they desired a fresh start and some change. If anything, Los Santos should take this time to reinvent itself and make itself something better for the players who remain. Nothing lasts forever, enjoy the servers for what they are while they’re here.

Agreed. I couldn't be happier for the people who decided to set up shop in LC. It's fresh and exciting (as everyone equally recognizes on this thread), especially for those longer-term community members that have been rolling through LS for years now.  They deserve a change of scenery. If that helps them break out of the molds that were formed in Los Santos RP and create something UNIQUE, ENGAGING, and IMMERSIVE, then more power to them.

I'm a Los Santos player, through and through. If nothing else, the LS server's lower player count is a call to do away with the stereotypical themes that were so prevalent in Los Santos.  This is a opportunity where people can work together and create something entirely original, with plenty of room - and time - to do so.   I'm of the belief that no matter what motif the setting a new setting may provide, people will follow successful models of conducting themselves primarily based on what others in the community are doing (or have done in the past).  Genuine originality is a challenge we should all strive to meet - whether it's with a faction, or simply developing a unique character. Detailed, unique, and coincidental storylines and interactions are the spice of this game.  We don't need to fall back on any type of mode or play-style to create that, necessarily. 

Make your own mold. Think about what aspects of your RP may have been overlooked in the past, and start there. Whether you're in Blaine County, Los Santos - or Liberty City. There's infinite room to grow.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2