Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

8 hours ago, displayname said:

that's not what i meant tho. im talking about people randomly picking on someone icly for having a checkered shirt. lets say u use mods and u walk past a group and they just randomly talk shit about ur fucked up fit

ignore them and flex the mods even harder

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Jeroen said:

Plenty of players in this community are visual learners, myself included. I'm not going to remember when you're for example Quavius Quavius, but even though you've got a checkered shirt and checkered shoes, that you're actually wearing a Gucci x Prada t-shirt, some Yeezies, and smell like Paco Rabanne 1 Million. When shove comes to push, which probably is going to happen eventually, I'm not going to tell people who are going to help me that you're wearing all that so they have to /examine possibly 10 individuals in a room, I'm just going to tell them that it's the guy having a checkerboard shirt and checkerboard shoes. Because in this situation, fuck your immersion. 

For anything that requires visual identification, such as the police looking for them or whatever, going off their non-modded appearance that is completely fine. Nobody is going to stress over that.

Otherwise, it's just common courtesy to roleplay what they ARE wearing. It's a ROLEPLAY server, man. And honestly, mods do help set a certain atmosphere. 

• Upvote 1
On 10/2/2022 at 7:36 PM, DannyMoney said:

Then I guess the players that use mods are going to have to accept how others see them as with wearing a checkered shirt and looking goofy. it is what it is if they don’t want to change their attributes every time they throw on a fit . 

I feel you, but if they use modded clothes and end up with checkered clothes for others that's on them in my opinion. There's already plenty of modded clothes in the game.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Late said:

GTA LC was a mistake!

Nope. Completely untrue. Diabolically untrue. What the hell was wrong with u when u decided to post this. Nope. Nope. Get that ass banned. GTAB. Get the hell out. Nope. Get the fuck out. Get out. Leave. You're late. Completely late. Get out. Now. Please. Leave.

I'm hopeful that the Liberty City hype will start to die down and the two servers will develop distinct niches based on their map and setting. I'm fearful that, even after the hype settles out, so many role-players will have let their Los Santos characters "expire" that all this server's momentum will have run out and even character types much better suited to a SoCal environment will jump ship to LC because LS is an abandoned ghost town that no one wants to roleplay in. 

The LC map has become widely popular in every prominent GTA V servers (mainly FiveM). Nervous accommodated to a very wide audience when he decided to launch LC and it was a strategic move. He provided a product everybody wanted in a fraction of the time everyone else was taking. Now you have a choice - you can continue to play LS or you can play a different map. There's also various different factors on why players may decide to migrate to the LC sister server, things such as a different staff team, a different scenery or environment, different factions, economy, etc.

There's also the motivating element of competition. Everybody's grinding to make money and accomplish things and own properties. It's all fresh and new. That feeling of everybody being at the same level and having to grind again has been long gone on LS in my opinion. Many people see LC as a fresh start. In addition to that, a massive contributing factor is a lot of old players returning to play.

• Upvote 2