Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

On 8/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, Paenymion said:

Most graphics mods are kinda overhyped.

All graphics mods*

At worst they're literally a filter that does nothing for graphical fidelity

At best, they offer very small, hardly noticeable improvements.

1 hour ago, NickyW said:

All graphics mods*

At worst they're literally a filter that does nothing for graphical fidelity

At best, they offer very small, hardly noticeable improvements.

They also seem to be heavy culprits of texture loss, invisible characters, etc. I run the game just generic base, and have no issues.

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

They also seem to be heavy culprits of texture loss, invisible characters, etc. I run the game just generic base, and have no issues.

Aha! This is the answer I was looking for. I have been pursuing graphic mods for ages, but one day I realized, that I am here for rp and not for admiring my great looking car every minute. Seriously we have Forza for that.

Edited by Engelbert
6 hours ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

xD that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make personally. I totally understand people who want their game with regular non-modded graphics so their game's aren't glitchy. But me personally, I'd rather my game run worse in exchange for it to look (subjectively) good.

I don't go overboard though. I just use the free graphical mods on Baboon's thread. Those don't really affect performance that much.