Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

No matter who you RP whether you're a gang member, somewhat a model, or rich person once you close out of that RageMP or go OOC you're no longer that character but yourself. I've seen many self inserts and many people that act hard OOC cus their character is a put on gang banger or a high ranking individual in a organized crime group.

Edited by PrinceCane
  • Upvote 12
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Club characters should be banned by RPQM, I'm talking about these people who are in every large night club with their Eastern European characters and friends, all clumped up in a corner 10-13 deep dancing together every single day, every single night.

It's just very unrealistic and there's so many people that do it, they roleplay living a "high life", being "rich and wealthy", dressing and acting like they're better than everyone yet go to a night club ever single day and don't have a realistic character portrayal / background, just clubbing, drugs, driving expensive cars and not working realistic jobs to fund their characters portrayal. 

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, Narco said:

Club characters should be banned by RPQM, I'm talking about these people who are in every large night club with their Eastern European characters and friends, all clumped up in a corner 10-13 deep dancing together every single day, every single night.

It's just very unrealistic and there's so many people that do it, they roleplay living a "high life", being "rich and wealthy", dressing and acting like they're better than everyone yet go to a night club ever single day and don't have a realistic character portrayal / background, just clubbing, drugs, driving expensive cars and not working realistic jobs to fund their characters portrayal. 

you can be rich and live this life, but a majority of the time, the rest of the life style does not match. I tried to stick to smaller clubs because of this, or wear cheaper looking clothing. 

To often its less of an actual lifestyle and more of... i dunno how to even explain that.

I dont think they should be banned but rpqm should look into it

5 hours ago, Narco said:

Would it help if I say my character is rich and wealthy, dislikes clubbing and only cares about a club if they can buy one?

stop asking for vitals on medical scenes. no one knows what their heart rate realistically would be, and going 60-100 is a average says nothing and only slows a scene down. also if people do answer, they’ll usually say a very low number because low number = bad. you get zero accurate information, it slows scenes down, and only makes people in wounded states alt tab until you pass them on.

if you’re asking, you have the resources to make up vitals realistically. its not hard, heart rate is higher during stressful/wounded states. blood pressure goes up to compensate for blood loss until someone has loss enough blood to where it crashes. and if someone is in shock, usually their pulse will be lower than average. (not always, google is your friend)

please stop asking roleplayers information they wont know. it just makes them want to roleplay with you less.

make the vitals up if you have to

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 13
On 7/25/2022 at 1:16 AM, Narco said:

Oh damn I forgot one more thing to add about your post.

Said eastern europeans dancing in one corner are most likely those who own those clubs, because frankly that's the trend on the server.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:57 AM, KinnyWynny said:

stop asking for vitals on medical scenes.

This. As someone who RPs as a Paramedic, I will typically inform the person via /b that I'm willing to make up vitals for their character that would be accurate to their  injuries. Not everyone knows how a gunshot wound would affect your pulse/blood pressure. I also do my best to explain (in laymens terms) what my character is actually doing and the effect that action would have on the player. Obviously, i still let people do their own vitals if they really want.

• Upvote 1