Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

23 hours ago, Barbie said:

Unpopular opinion: people saying gangs steal their cars and rob them everyday everywhere are lying. I personally have never been robbed or had cars stolen both on legal and illegal characters nor do I know of any faction that encourages this behavior. If you think the entire city is safe that’s your loss. Just because real estate prices are high in an area doesn’t make it safe. Gangs have territories AND there are resources ICly for your character to know exactly where they are. 

Stop leaving your car in dark alleys in Vespucci when you carelessly rush to the next club or café to stand in /anim partydance like it’s a Habbo chatroom and you probably will find your car.

Unpopular opinion: A HUGE part of this server speaks and acts like life is My Little Pony and it’s very weird. I understand that a lot of the playerbase is heavily influenced by… video game culture… and it might explain some of the questionable fashion. But the personality? People just live in a super positive world praising the "courage" of their "BFFs" and whatnot and it feels like I’m watching a Barbie movie sometimes.

Unpopular opinion: NOT ONE SINGLE person portraying a "femboy" is portraying a femboy or a femme gay man which would be so much more interesting. Again y’all are portraying weird internet culture cosplay anime shit and when people understandably reject it you deem it homophobic or whatever. It’s not. Your portrayal is just shit and weird. 

Using the super thicc Nivinha body mod and just claiming "I am a boy" in your FB bio does not make you a femboy RPer. Whipping out a 9inch dick when you erp female characters because your character "isn’t gay just because he’s a femboy" isn’t unique portrayal. It’s bringing your weird lesbian + shemale + other fantasies to life.

I’d be so down to see people RP femme gay men like Saucy Santana or even fucking James Charles rather than these jokes of a character.

Unpopular opinion: The very obvious FB only "shitposter" or "troll" characters isn’t giving what y’all thought it was giving. Most of them have the wit of a goldfish with Down syndrome. It’s never creative, it’s never funny. It’s always memes from 2014 that you probably have found on some sick incel subreddit. I miss smart trolls. Most of them are watered down and uninteresting now and just a way for virgins to share their IRL bigot opinions on FB without any consequences (i.e. white supremacy, incel shit etc. I don’t need to name it we all know the kind of people I’m talking about.) I can tell y’all still use XD and ^^ in 2022.

Beautifully written 👏

• Thanks 1

This is more of a nitpick, and I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I do find it odd that SAPR is it's own LEA but the server doesn't have SAHP.

Now that isn't a slight against SAPR, every time I've had interactions with them they've been great to RP with. But from what I've seen they already seem to do the job that SAHP does, just with a different coat of paint on top of having the duties of a game warden. In most US states the job of policing areas that are too small or too impoverished does fall on the State Police (Along with highways and airports), and California does follow that trend. We already see SAPR being the main law enforcement agency rolling around Sandy Shores, Grapeseed and effectively the whole map that isn't either LS or Paleto. Which is a good thing, mind. I'm glad that these parts of the map have someone patrolling them, because for a lot of servers these areas basically go full Mad Max.

I dunno it's just funny to me, how this server has a dedicated Fire Marshal faction but doesn't showcase one of the most ubiquitous aspects of American Law Enforcement. And there's a bunch of unique aspects that come with it. But with how things already are I can see why people wouldn't want to put the effort into shifting the Park Rangers into the Highway Patrol, or even making a new Highway Patrol faction altogether. It's what it is.

1 hour ago, LuckyBastard said:

The people that believe eliminating (M) characters are going to make the players behind them better roleplayers aren't that bright.

I think you're missing the point. At least for me, the major concern is that the characters are underage. It's not so much the RP quality of the individuals playing them. I've seen poor quality from (M) and adult characters alike. I've also seen amazing RP from (M) characters (shoutout to the player of Waylon). I've had several situations where minor characters were pushy trying to get with my adult character despite getting turned down hard several times. It's uncomfortable from an OOC perspective.

As far as players being underage, well... look at the topics that we're RPing. Think it goes without saying.

Creating a roleplay environment in which minor characters are allowed will inevitably attract the kind of players interested in roleplaying as or with minors. Some of these players have perfectly innocent intentions; using their minor character to further their development and some of them use their status as a minor character for... Other things. This has, unfortunately happened previously and will inevitably occure again. As easy as it is to, "just report those abusing their status as a minor character", I still don't like the idea of this community accidentally enabling certain disgusting individuals. I'd rather we just disallow minor characters and avoid the issue - and the players who cause the issue - entirely.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
  • Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Creating a roleplay environment in which minor characters are allowed will inevitably attract the kind of players interested in roleplaying as or with minors. Some of these players have perfectly innocent intentions; using their minor character to further their development and some of them use their status as a minor character for... Other things. This has, unfortunately happened previously and will inevitably occure again. As easy as it is to, "just report those abusing their status as a minor character", I still don't like the idea of this community accidentally enabling certain disgusting individuals. I'd rather we just disallow minor characters and avoid the issue - and the players who cause the issue - entirely.

If we allow minor characters, the punishments should be harsher for those who abuse such privilege

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, oliviarav3n said:

I think you're missing the point. At least for me, the major concern is that the characters are underage. It's not so much the RP quality of the individuals playing them. I've seen poor quality from (M) and adult characters alike. I've also seen amazing RP from (M) characters (shoutout to the player of Waylon). I've had several situations where minor characters were pushy trying to get with my adult character despite getting turned down hard several times. It's uncomfortable from an OOC perspective.

As far as players being underage, well... look at the topics that we're RPing. Think it goes without saying.

24 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

I agree, but I'm also knowing that the people who use minor characters to convey real life fetishes are sick individuals. Same as people who run around with female avatars but in their /examine say they're a femboy with a 10 inch cock, big titties and a BBL, but don't realistically portray it as a person. Sad to say, but with a community this big there's always going to be people like this in every variation of RP out there. Minor characters play an integral part to gang RP and general character development for some civilians, but not all players are enthused to do so. Eliminating an entire category of roleplay just because of a sick few is flabbergasting at the least.

That's like me voting to end all civilian roleplay just because Penelope Buttercup is riding around on a motorcycle with neon underlighting and blonde hair and only gets off to ERP and say odd shit to people. I wouldn't say outlaw minor RP, trans RP, gay RP, lesbian RP etc. just because a select group of players that play as them don't know how to portray them. 

RPQM exists for a real reason, there's bad forms of RP in every facet of RP there is on here. The people that actually RP these things correctly (trans, gangs, minors, civilians, gay etc) shouldn't be shunned on behalf of some person that got the opportunity to play as one and did it in a horrible light.

Edited by LuckyBastard
  • Upvote 4

Unpopular Opinion:

There should be more CKs. Any kill that's deemed valid (not DM/poor escalation) by an administrator should be a character-kill. Give people consequences for their actions and this will increase realistic portrayal, lower crime rates, and reduce violence/increase reasonable escalation (killing someone who killed your friend is way more valid now that they're gone forever, for example)

Unpopular Opinion:

Civilians complain about crime too much. I've been here for two years and I've been robbed twice and have not been killed once. People are victims because of their poor decision making, not because of some ridiculous crime epidemic.

Edited by NickyW
  • Upvote 3