Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

21 hours ago, kiroshu said:

This video is perfect lol guy with his family gets confronted by two strangers asking where he is from at a taco stand . Then he get shots and dies . This kind of behavior is against gtaw 

I think the reality is there will always be edge cases on all types of RP, police, gangbanger, you name it. Any gang can cite examples of "our RL counterpart did this once!", but the reality is these things are usually the exemption, not the rule.

Great case example from the 'other side' is the cop who lost a forum report when he shot someone he saw possibly committing a murder in the back even though he was unarmed. 100% happens IRL, but that's the exemption, not the rule, so it's poor escalation here on gtaw.

The rules will never account for every edge case, but if we completely went balls free on "if it happened IRL", I'd be David Koresh with a cult of AR-15 equipped boys up on Mt. Chiliad.

Edited by bartman
2 minutes ago, bartman said:

I think the reality is there will always be edge cases on all types of RP, police, gangbanger, you name it. Any gang can cite examples of "our RL counterpart did this once!", but the reality is these things are usually the exemption, not the rule.

Great case example from the 'other side' is the cop who lost a forum report when he shot someone he saw possibly committing a murder in the back even though he was unarmed. 100% happens IRL, but that's the exemption, not the rule, so it's poor escalation here on gtaw.

The rules will never account for every edge case, but if we completely went balls free on "if it happened IRL", I'd be David Koresh with a cult of AR-15 equipped boys up on Mt. Chiliad.

And I'd be RPing Jeremy Dewitte

8 minutes ago, bartman said:

I would join some shit like that in a heart beat.

On 5/21/2022 at 5:18 PM, Wuhtah said:

I am in the wrong a lot of the time, and I do listen to players if they want to respectfully talk about it. Some days, I'm going to be bitchy as I'm a human IRL, but I do try to reason and compromise.

No, if I have friends, I do not handle their reports.

Yes, if someone thinks they were wrongly banned by me, I look into it and deal with it with them there. Again, sometimes we forget that this is also a teaching server. I have been a lot more harsher with temporary banning players lately instead of ajailing as I look at the player and realize they haven't learned.

This isn't just for regular administrative work, it's also for leases as well. I try to reason, I listen to you as much as I can, and we come to a compromise. That's how life works, this is a game, I'm trying to make sure everyone has a good time.

Involving staff management is on the bottom of the totem pole because there shouldn't be a huge bridge between players and admins. I rather be "online" on discord to look approachable (I know I sometimes forget to respond to some of you, blame me taking a nap and reading the message during the nap), than "DND" because when I was a player, I tried to look for those who were "online" or had a good reputation among my group of friends.

Granted, I know some players don't like me. And that's perfectly okay, I'm not here to be your friend. But if you honest to God need me, I will be there to help you out even if you bitched me out or staff reported me (I don't care, I understand the frustrations and I learn from the staff reports).

You're awesome. Check your topic. 
Like IC cops, there are OOC cops - admins. Without admins to enforce the server rules when needed, it'll turn into a low quality server, but thanks to you and plenty of more admins and staff members who spend hours of hours each day, the community remains serious RP as it should be, if you have haters, you're doing something right, and people are jealous about your success 😉  

Edited by root
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, kiroshu said:

This video is perfect lol guy with his family gets confronted by two strangers asking where he is from at a taco stand . Then he get shots and dies . This kind of behavior is against gtaw 

Senseless mass shootings also happen in real life but its certainly not acceptable for players to go to their local nightclub and gun down everyone they see.

Argumentation like this is very clearly made in bad faith. The rules are for everyone. They should apply equally. If you allow one player or one group of players to get away with an act because "it sometimes happens", than it is fair for all players to conduct said act. That's how rules work.

Real life is full of all sorts of fucked up things. Serial killers, terrorists, and random acts of violence are all real; but just because they occure doesn't mean they should be allowed to occure in a roleplay server. There has to be a balance of fun and realism and the rules are there to draw the line. It can seem arbitrary to some, but it is necessary for securing the positive experience of everyone else.

• Upvote 2

Mirror Park is not meant as millionaire quarter. Those houses, like many of them aren't even worth a mil or two from the outside. It's for married with children families. Millionaires should be in Richman, Vinewood hills or Chumash.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 2