Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

I am in the wrong a lot of the time, and I do listen to players if they want to respectfully talk about it. Some days, I'm going to be bitchy as I'm a human IRL, but I do try to reason and compromise.

No, if I have friends, I do not handle their reports.

Yes, if someone thinks they were wrongly banned by me, I look into it and deal with it with them there. Again, sometimes we forget that this is also a teaching server. I have been a lot more harsher with temporary banning players lately instead of ajailing as I look at the player and realize they haven't learned.

This isn't just for regular administrative work, it's also for leases as well. I try to reason, I listen to you as much as I can, and we come to a compromise. That's how life works, this is a game, I'm trying to make sure everyone has a good time.

Involving staff management is on the bottom of the totem pole because there shouldn't be a huge bridge between players and admins. I rather be "online" on discord to look approachable (I know I sometimes forget to respond to some of you, blame me taking a nap and reading the message during the nap), than "DND" because when I was a player, I tried to look for those who were "online" or had a good reputation among my group of friends.

Granted, I know some players don't like me. And that's perfectly okay, I'm not here to be your friend. But if you honest to God need me, I will be there to help you out even if you bitched me out or staff reported me (I don't care, I understand the frustrations and I learn from the staff reports).

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't like this, admins who don't know this or that shouldn't be taking up reports about this or that. Admins are here to punish rulebreaking.

People clamining "Uuuuh we know how this shit in the hood works man." No you don't. People are literally told to read all the rules and even explain some of them in their own words when applying to play here, yet countless reports show, that people clearly didn't read the rules?

5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I don't like this, admins who don't know this or that shouldn't be taking up reports about this or that. Admins are here to punish rulebreaking.

People clamining "Uuuuh we know how this shit in the hood works man." No you don't. People are literally told to read all the rules and even explain some of them in their own words when applying to play here, yet countless reports show, that people clearly didn't read the rules?

The countless street-gang reports being made come from people who don't understand a thing about what goes on, which leads back to what another person was saying about role-playing concepts with no actual research.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, LA said:

The countless street-gang reports being made come from people who don't understand a thing about what goes on, which leads back to what another person was saying about role-playing concepts with no actual research.

Well gang concepts and their portrayal sometimes do not go hand in hand with server rules, which is what I meant. For instance PEN1 and Skinhead gangs especially are known for unprovoked attacks and random violence, yet it is not recommended to do it here often. Literally every time skins are downtown, someone dies or ends in hospital. That's just an example.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well gang concepts and their portrayal sometimes do not go hand in hand with server rules, which is what I meant. For instance PEN1 and Skinhead gangs especially are known for unprovoked attacks and random violence, yet it is not recommended to do it here often. Literally every time skins are downtown, someone dies or ends in hospital. That's just an example.

I'm already knowing..

4 hours ago, Muerta said:

Respectfully I'm saying is I've seen players get unbanned for the most disgusting things while my friend has people speaking ill on him and he's perm banned with the threat of extension if he continues to question why. 

Well it just shows that if you have a closer relationship with staff members you can get away with pretty much anything. People get ajailed for tabbing out in public but some mass DMers or hackers get ignored or unbanned because they are snitching on factions, etc. The bias is sad to see and it will probably be the thing that will eventually ruin this server. There was corruption in IFM and they are still not transparent even though they promised more transparency months ago. It's a shit-show. Staff members interpreting rules however they deem fit is the most retarded thing ever. Why are there so many grey areas in rules that always get talked about but there are no official rule additions made that would prevent staff members interpreting rules however they want? The double standards here are disgusting. (Please don't ban me haha.)

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, LA said:

Admins who have LEO characters are discouraged from picking up reports where LEOs are involved, unless there's absolutely no one available. Maybe the thing should be done for gang roleplayers, you know... to prevent bias.

11 hours ago, Engelbert said:

This video is perfect lol guy with his family gets confronted by two strangers asking where he is from at a taco stand . Then he get shots and dies . This kind of behavior is against gtaw 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, kiroshu said:

This video is perfect lol guy with his family gets confronted by two strangers asking where he is from at a taco stand . Then he get shots and dies . This kind of behavior is against gtaw 

Well that is rather sad. I am from small country which used to have few gangs around 90s. Then secret service took it upon itself to rid our country off them. Ofc this is like public secret, that behind many gangster executions were agents. Well at least we don't have these problems anymore. But yes, this is a game, where want we to have fun. While we try to uphold certain level of realism. Such thing as above shouldn't be standard.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1