Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

42 minutes ago, PrinceCane said:

People should realize that just because you're rich doesn't mean you have to drive your barbie pink Nicki Minaj super bass gender reveal sportscar out in the county

being a rich person you wouldn't want to get your luxury car dirty instead having a ordinary/off road type vehicle for county trips and leaving your sportscar in the city.

Sportscars don't belong on dirt road. Try that irl, your car will hate you and you will hate mechanic's bill.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Sportscars don't belong on dirt road. Try that irl, your car will hate you and you will hate mechanic's bill.

Yeah but majority of the people in the server are millionaires so the bill would be peanuts for them. 😛

Some of these might lowkey feel personal and it’s because these are opinions based on what I (ME) came across playing over time.

Stop turning CLEARLY visible designer stores on Rodeo Drive into clubs and cigar lounges. Out of all the places in town why make half the boutiques some badly mapped club or bar when the outside is so very clearly a clothes store.

Stop trying to make things hyper realistic, I doubt the majority of players is trying to log on and have to RP filing taxes, 6 month long jail sentences and getting groceries everyday to avoid starving. 

Make admin punishments consistent and finally stop being a matter of connections and dicksucking. And before some retired admin that was clearly known for it denies it OKAY ITS TOTALLY UNBIASED LITERALLY NOBODY ON THE SERVER HAS DOCUMENTED PROOF OF BIAS. Also the appeal system is actually shocking. Props to the select few admins who always seem to remain grounded and helpful though, they’re what’s keeping this community together.

Stop acting shocked when you see females being hoes/posting thirst traps online. It’s literally Los Santos. It’s literally the city of clout and people trying to make it. Also stop acting like prostitutes were invented yesterday, people making posts like "why are there so many hoes on Carson all of a sudden" is literally the dumbest shit you could ever post. Why would there not be hoes on Carson?

Please stop thinking you’re special and different because you RP this/that and think you have room to judge people’s characters OR people OOC (that’s actually worse). Someone’s character will always be cringe to somebody and yours definitely is to someone.

Research before and as you RP a concept. Unless you’re RPing something very close to you IRL  (which I wouldn’t recommend btw), there’s always room for improvement and knowledge. Main example in my head is the portrayal of the fashion industry, it simply doesn’t make sense. I think there’s been ONE example of a fashion related business portrayed right in the history of the server and that’s too bad. 

ALSO LOL some people clearly let their OOC beliefs spill into their RP all the time and sometimes it doesn’t align with the type of character y’all RP. I would even go as far as saying some people on this game based their whole personality on discord memes and what the trendiest "troll" catchphrase is at the moment. (i.e. "TOUCH SOME GRASS" yea we got it Jake… you can stop saying it now.)

Edited by Barbie
  • Upvote 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 5
5 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Make admin punishments consistent and finally stop being a matter of connections and dicksucking. And before some retired admin that was clearly known for it denies it OKAY ITS TOTALLY UNBIASED LITERALLY NOBODY ON THE SERVER HAS DOCUMENTED PROOF OF BIAS.

Literally this, how can someone get perma banned for calling an admin high and telling them they're power tripping in a situation where the admin clearly fucked up and there's a fuck ton of situation like those. And one get a warning for the same thing? How can you ban one side for talking shit in PMs and don't ban the other side if both are equally bad? Also stop that bs with racial slurs being grounds for bans/punishments, not a single nigga care if a white boy said it, matter of a fact staff themselves are using it in their voice chats so what is the point of punishing someone over it if you're using it daily yourself, unless you're power tripping. And the dicksucking has to stop, I've witnessed too many one sides ajails for looting off admin factions while their members go unpunished even while brought up to them. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Barbie said:

Some of these might lowkey feel personal and it’s because these are opinions based on what I (ME) came across playing over time.

Stop turning CLEARLY visible designer stores on Rodeo Drive into clubs and cigar lounges. Out of all the places in town why make half the boutiques some badly mapped club or bar when the outside is so very clearly a clothes store.

Stop trying to make things hyper realistic, I doubt the majority of players is trying to log on and have to RP filing taxes, 6 month long jail sentences and getting groceries everyday to avoid starving. 

Make admin punishments consistent and finally stop being a matter of connections and dicksucking. And before some retired admin that was clearly known for it denies it OKAY ITS TOTALLY UNBIASED LITERALLY NOBODY ON THE SERVER HAS DOCUMENTED PROOF OF BIAS. Also the appeal system is actually shocking. Props to the select few admins who always seem to remain grounded and helpful though, they’re what’s keeping this community together.

Stop acting shocked when you see females being hoes/posting thirst traps online. It’s literally Los Santos. It’s literally the city of clout and people trying to make it. Also stop acting like prostitutes were invented yesterday, people making posts like "why are there so many hoes on Carson all of a sudden" is literally the dumbest shit you could ever post. Why would there not be hoes on Carson?

Please stop thinking you’re special and different because you RP this/that and think you have room to judge people’s characters OR people OOC (that’s actually worse). Someone’s character will always be cringe to somebody and yours definitely is to someone.

Research before and as you RP a concept. Unless you’re RPing something very close to you IRL  (which I wouldn’t recommend btw), there’s always room for improvement and knowledge. Main example in my head is the portrayal of the fashion industry, it simply doesn’t make sense. I think there’s been ONE example of a fashion related business portrayed right in the history of the server and that’s too bad. 

ALSO LOL some people clearly let their OOC beliefs spill into their RP all the time and sometimes it doesn’t align with the type of character y’all RP. I would even go as far as saying some people on this game based their whole personality on discord memes and what the trendiest "troll" catchphrase is at the moment. (i.e. "TOUCH SOME GRASS" yea we got it Jake… you can stop saying it now.)

To be real this is why the only admins I actually respected was Wuhtah and Karner.. Wish Karner could come back cause I've never ran into a situation where he would be bias, Wuhtah is a good friend of mines and even when I was in the wrong she broke it down to me without trying to down me, and attempted to look at evidence that can possibly get me unbanned or get the things dropped even if she banned me, those are the only two admins who take the time out of their day to keep it fully 100 with members, and also help them at the end of the day.

I also feel like IF YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT SOUTH CENTRAL OR THE HOOD IN REAL LIFE ADMINS SHOULD STAY OUT OF THOSE REPORTS It's annoying to see people who have no clue about actual Street-Gang role-play to place their input in such situations. There is literally no use for you have an input on something you've never role-played STAY IN YOUR FUCKING LANE I DON'T CARE.. If you're going to be ignorant when facts are proven and in real life situations are brought up, no reason for you try to share an input on a situation especially Sorry to say this you've never experienced or researched things like the situation you're attempting to respond on reports on. 

To other players THE SERVER DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU stop bitching and crying about different characters if something happens to you, we're portraying a server with a lot of Los Angeles lore, if you look it up, its so common for people with money to be robbed, and almost killed. Just because you think the server revolves around you doesn't mean nothing can happen to you.. STOP BITCHING.

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, shmurkio said:

Literally this, how can someone get perma banned for calling an admin high and telling them they're power tripping in a situation where the admin clearly fucked up and there's a fuck ton of situation like those. And one get a warning for the same thing? How can you ban one side for talking shit in PMs and don't ban the other side if both are equally bad? Also stop that bs with racial slurs being grounds for bans/punishments, not a single nigga care if a white boy said it, matter of a fact staff themselves are using it in their voice chats so what is the point of punishing someone over it if you're using it daily yourself, unless you're power tripping. And the dicksucking has to stop, I've witnessed too many one sides ajails for looting off admin factions while their members go unpunished even while brought up to them. 

Admins force themselves to be right this THE ADMIN IS ALWAYS RIGHT is clearly bullshit, when they're clearly wrong seems like everytime a staff report is made the people responding to the staff-report says some wild ass dumb shit, to make it seem like they're right, but no.. They're obviously wrong.. Some players are being permanant banned for minor things while others are driving around destroying players to get deathmatching clips, and they're allowed to get unbanned with almost 7 bans on their record.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, LA said:

To be real this is why the only admins I actually respected was Wuhtah and Karner.. Wish Karner could come back cause I've never ran into a situation where he would be bias, Wuhtah is a good friend of mines and even when I was in the wrong she broke it down to me without trying to down me, and attempted to look at evidence that can possibly get me unbanned or get the things dropped even if she banned me, those are the only two admins who take the time out of their day to keep it fully 100 with members, and also help them at the end of the day.

I also feel like IF YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT SOUTH CENTRAL OR THE HOOD IN REAL LIFE ADMINS SHOULD STAY OUT OF THOSE REPORTS It's annoying to see people who have no clue about actual Street-Gang role-play to place their input in such situations. There is literally no use for you have an input on something you've never role-played STAY IN YOUR FUCKING LANE I DON'T CARE.. If you're going to be ignorant when facts are proven and in real life situations are brought up, no reason for you try to share an input on a situation especially Sorry to say this you've never experienced or researched things like the situation you're attempting to respond on reports on. 

To other players THE SERVER DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU stop bitching and crying about different characters if something happens to you, we're portraying a server with a lot of Los Angeles lore, if you look it up, its so common for people with money to be robbed, and almost killed. Just because you think the server revolves around you doesn't mean nothing can happen to you.. STOP BITCHING.

i only took 2 things from this

1) you have an admin friend that treats you differently from other players & will try to get you unbanned as best they can

2) you want admins with no IRL experience of situations to not take reports about them, upping report response times massively which is something that has been complained about for years (also lets hope we can find an admin with irl experience in the italian mafia to handle a ck appeal related to one on the server!!)

1 minute ago, joshua said:

1) you have an admin friend that treats you differently from other players & will try to get you unbanned as best they can

2) you want admins with no IRL experience of situations to not take reports about them, upping report response times massively which is something that has been complained about for years (also lets hope we can find an admin with irl experience in the italian mafia to handle a ck appeal related to one on the server!!)

Yeah. Unsubtle self snitching right there 😆 

9 minutes ago, joshua said:

If you actually read dawg, you would understand she still banned me actually, and when I tell her I still have evidence she'll look into it, same thing if it was a different situation she is someone I can go to and ask Aye whatchu think about this. So sure.. But I've seen Wuhtah handle everyone in the same manner, and she is a down to earth person and general very likeable.

And yeah the second one is exactly what I'm saying. Doesn't take more then 10 mins to find a couple situations including a little research on the Italian Mafia to know what you're talking about in your responses.

Edited by LA
  • Thanks 1

Respectfully I'm saying is I've seen players get unbanned for the most disgusting things while my friend has people speaking ill on him and he's perm banned with the threat of extension if he continues to question why. 

36 minutes ago, LA said:

Some players are being permanant banned for minor things while others are driving around destroying players to get deathmatching clips, and they're allowed to get unbanned with almost 7 bans on their record.

• Upvote 2