Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

4 hours ago, kiroshu said:

Discord ruined the role play community . Before discord we had Skype but not many would use Skype .  Discord came out in 2015.  

not necessarily. just think about faction discord servers with all them guides and what not, discord gives u many benefits. assholes will be assholes regardless if discord exists or not, tho i get what u mean

49 minutes ago, damnbrah said:

not necessarily. just think about faction discord servers with all them guides and what not, discord gives u many benefits. assholes will be assholes regardless if discord exists or not, tho i get what u mean

I agree, faction or business discord can be something that turns to be necessary at times.

5 hours ago, damnbrah said:

You could host all those guides elsewhere, at the end of the day Discord just promotes too much OOC interaction among the community imho. Whenever I can I have no OOC contact with people I RP with and it leads to just focusing on the story and interactions as they are.

Making friends with people you RP with over the years is one thing, but GTAW has slowly been becoming a Discord community network where RP happens almost incidentally.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Koko said:

You could host all those guides elsewhere, at the end of the day Discord just promotes too much OOC interaction among the community imho. Whenever I can I have no OOC contact with people I RP with and it leads to just focusing on the story and interactions as they are.

Making friends with people you RP with over the years is one thing, but GTAW has slowly been becoming a Discord community network where RP happens almost incidentally.

even tho i get ur pov i have to disagree. if someone can't separate ooc from ic it's their own problem. also; no one forces u to use discord (except if you're trying to join a faction or w/e). its a great tool to keep in touch with your faction members, u can discuss things a lot easier and on top of that it helps u provide things such as portrayal guides that'll improve your faction's portrayal. ofc theres people who use it to gain some sort of ooc advantage, but it'd be the same case if we'd all still use skype. discord isn't the problem, but the users are. u can't measure a car by the driver. support issues are also a thing where discord is pretty useful. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Dreams & Nightmares said:

Nobody cares about your DM/shooting montage videos in a faction thread. People would rather see roleplay than a video like that.
Oh, and also factions, who spend half of their time making menyoos, usually are terrible at rp and portrayal of their concept. 

Just my unpopular opinion. 

This isn’t an unpopular opinion

On 5/15/2022 at 9:39 PM, kiroshu said:

Discord ruined the role play community . Before discord we had Skype but not many would use Skype .  Discord came out in 2015.  

Seriousssssly. It's like, well if I dont have discord can I not join the faction/ or business? 😂

Edited by Muerta