Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

2 hours ago, Jennie said:

If the robber/criminal get shot for not rp'ng fear should be CKed like the victims when this occurs.

I had it happen once, I successfully distracted a robber and escaped, only to find out that later they've gotten themselves killed by the cops to avoid consequences. They respawned with no issue. They must've started blasting first. I 100% agree with this.

9 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I was in several robberies as victim. Only effect it had, that I started ignoring the aftermath. As soon as robbers leave, I buy new phone apply custom number, event forgotten. Also one more thing. You are roleplaying, your character's choice should be your choice and not vice versa. A fragile woman's choice will only hardly be pulling out a gun and start blasting.

The problem with ignoring the aftermath of every robberies like most do (Including me in some cases, honestly) is that it'd force you to react as if you're being robbed for the first time - Every time. It's not preferable, IMO.

What I do instead, is, if I deem a robbery to be RP'd pretty well with /me's and, you know, things that are supposed to happen on a heavy RP server like ours, I include it as something my character has experienced because effort has been put into it. When robberies are half-assed, they get my items, shoot me or let me live, whatever, and I move on.

This effectively means that, my character now has experienced getting robbed, so that my char can at the very least stay calm and make rational decisions next time. Yes, one of my character now has a metal replacement for his knee and GSW scars including a few knife scars, but it adds upon his story whilst not being an obstacle in RP.

7 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I'd be perfectly fine with unlimited robberies whenever and wherever if fear rp rules were changed to allow running away without being opened to a CK. Panic doesn't always translate to freezing, and robberies wouldn't be so prolific to begin with if they needed more consideration to pull off (such as choosing locations where the victim can be cornered).

But criminals don't want a challenge, so we'll be stuck with crime restricted zones forever...

I really have to agree with this one.

As I always say, the way people RP is a product of the rules. What the fear RP rules effectively allow is an immediate and almost guaranteed gain if you know what you're doing to a minimum. If you get caught by the cops, you're not doing it right because it's excruciatingly easy to isolate someone, if you don't feel it's safe for you to rob someone because it's too public but do it anyways, then you're making a bad decision and that's all there is to it. Now all you need to do is repeat that process in the exact same way, and people become your own personal wallet.

But allowing victims to react however they want reasonably is a whole other story, it allows different outcomes to the same situations, which makes things interesting. Imagine that person packs heat, if you turn your head to your buddy and they're not paying attention either, that victim should be able to retaliate if they see the opportunity and escape. Now, unless that victim is a psychopathic maniac, they're most likely not going to turn the tables and rob you in turn, that honestly should not be allowed unless they're actively in a gang or something. A victim's ONLY reason for retaliation is to get away from the situation, not to gain from it. And that's something I think should be punished.

If your RP is good and you take your time, you most likely WILL get any item you want on me and I won't be bothered about it. If you're all nervous, typing in /b complaining about stalling that isn't happening? You'll get what you want eventually sure, but you should probably not have begun that robbery in the first place, that risk is on you, and oh boy I'll take as much time as I usually do to type and won't speed up the pace for you, report away. No one is supposed to make it faster and easier if your own bad decisions (location of robbery, person, context) makes you nervous OOC'ly.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Anders said:

Make picking up shells impossible unless you're detectives/DMEC

Ah yes, criminals just lost all of their motor functions & forgot how to pick up things now :(((( 

“pick up the shells!’

”i can’t bruh i’m suddenly retarded and forgot how to use my hands!!!’

Might as well restrict shooting guns to cops only

Edited by Steezers
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Steezers said:

Ah yes, criminals just lost all of their motor functions & forgot how to pick up things now :(((( 

“pick up the shells!’

”i can’t bruh i’m suddenly retarded and forgot how to use my hands!!!’

might as well only allow cops to shoot guns at that point

Yes. It's powergaming to pick shells up right after you shoot someone.

5 minutes ago, Anders said:

That’s why sometimes you can’t pick it up right after shooting someone because it’s too hot & it deals actual damage when you try to pick it up :^)

theres a script bud

Edited by Steezers
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Anders said:

I'll disagree with this one honestly.

Not only does it make sense to pick up after yourself, I'd honestly prefer seeing someone picking up their casings and leaving a scene promptly after killing me than seeing like 4 people rush to my corpse to fight over whatever loot I have left on me whilst disregarding whatever evidence they leave behind. If the cops are gonna be on your ass, you don't want to get your hands on the victim itself, let alone their own personal belongings, illegal or not. Because that's going to carry their DNA. I really, really doubt people are going to RP getting rid of the victim's DNA on whatever belonging they looted. There's no such system in place, so it's easier to kill and grab and stock up because no DNA exists on those items that could link you with the crime.

• Upvote 1

Most of the people saying that they want things like IC interaction, heavy roleplay, immersion, and to be IC 24/7 are 9 times out of 10 doing it for some weird OOC elitist clout-chasing on Discord. The fact that Discord is integrated into all aspects of this community's way of interacting with each other is already pretty damning.

• Upvote 4