Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Here is something, if people don't wanna roleplay around their businesses ie managing them, which also includes fire inspections. Then don't open businesses. Leave them for those few who want to roleplay managing a business. And no managing a business doesn't end with closing hours nor does it start with opening hours.

54 minutes ago, lux said:

Another reminder? Criminals exist. Arsons exist. People are happy to complain about SFM but when push comes to shove, they're the ones that can actually get you results if your business is hit by some shitty extortion attempt. 

I'd rather be extorted by every single Armenian, Serbian, Italian, Russian, Croatian, Albanian, Korean, Chechen, Sureno, Hoover, Crip, Blood, Mongol, Wood, Aryan, the entire Black Muslim Contingent, and every person in an SD gang before I give in to government tyranny and put a single fire extinguisher in my property. That's a hill I will die on.

Amazon.com: No Step on Snek Decal (6 Inch) : Automotive

Edited by Dingus
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
52 minutes ago, lux said:

Hell, give me the IRS so I have something else I need to be concerned about and manage. That's what business RP is, managing your paperwork, products, time, resources, money and staff to provide a good experience to those that come to your business and try to get them to come again. Most large businesses IRL have their own fire officer that has to comply with auditors, we talk about realism so much but right now business RP is in the shed without having more things like SFM to need to manage. Don't take away from those that actually enjoy the full scale management of a business that includes the 'boring' side of things. How many people RP a business person going into debt? Don't think I've ever come across it. SFM are one of the only factions that exist right now that can effectively shut your business down because an owner is inept. That's what we need. Good owners that are on top of shit and not just looking to open a bar to generate an easy income to flex. 

LOL. What incentive would someone have to roleplay a businessman going into debt? Maybe people aren't roleplaying these things because they're not fun. The main priority of this game is to have fun within the parameters of realism and immersion, but if you're going to try and make it hyperrealistic, we might as well log off and go touch grass instead. Also, just because someone decides to roleplay something "unique" (edgy and different) doesn't mean they're bringing good roleplay (e.g., ERP-crazed transsexual characters), so maybe don't put so much emphasis on concepts you've never seen roleplayed before when there's probably an obvious and logical reason as to why they aren't roleplayed.

Who enjoys the "boring" side of anything? Something can't be fun and boring at the same time. If I spent hours online on a video game each day I want to be having fun, not doing boring shit.

Why do we " need" SFM to be able to shut a business down? I don't think that is a NEED at all. And what do you mean by "inept"? Inept as in they don't meet your roleplay standards or something subjective like that?

Your opinion is really unpopular so this was a good thread to post it on.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure nobody besides people in the fire marshals actually like the fire marshals. I remember waiting to coordinate with a fire marshal to have an inspection done because for some reason none were around in the NA timezone. Let alone the fact that players are forced to visit a random website, set their account up, all just to do some pointless bureaucracy that doesn't add much roleplay whatsoever. What fun and enjoyable RP has come for fire marshals out of doing inspections of businesses, genuinely? Who enjoys it? Think the most fun thing for them is getting to shut down businesses and put up roadblocks to roleplay behind days of waiting just to get an inspection done (because god forbid they come in and do it right there on the spot, you HAVE to fill out their forms).

Not trying to bash the individuals playing within the faction, but I think even the lifeguards had more going for them in terms of substance and use for the playerbase at large. 

• Upvote 11
29 minutes ago, nwah_ said:

Pretty sure nobody besides people in the fire marshals actually like the fire marshals. I remember waiting to coordinate with a fire marshal to have an inspection done because for some reason none were around in the NA timezone. Let alone the fact that players are forced to visit a random website, set their account up, all just to do some pointless bureaucracy that doesn't add much roleplay whatsoever. What fun and enjoyable RP has come for fire marshals out of doing inspections of businesses, genuinely? Who enjoys it? Think the most fun thing for them is getting to shut down businesses and put up roadblocks to roleplay behind days of waiting just to get an inspection done (because god forbid they come in and do it right there on the spot, you HAVE to fill out their forms).

Not trying to bash the individuals playing within the faction, but I think even the lifeguards had more going for them in terms of substance and use for the playerbase at large. 

Not to mention when you finally do get them, the walkthrough can take a hour or more of time where it's literally them going

/do Does this Fire Extinguisher appear to work? 

It's just very tiring. 

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Mugging adds no roleplay either and yet we have to roleplay that.

Because you are looking at it from face value

It can make a local scared of a certain area and avoid that place

It can escalate into a beef between rival groups 

It can lead to arrests that LEO's handle

It can lead to long-term criminal casefiles

It can lead to a change in the composition of a street gang

Hell an armed robber can end up going to jail and come out someone with numerous connections and increased status

Yes a crappy robbery sucks and can kill the mood, I don't think anyone is looking to endorse that.

It's a false equivalence. 

Edited by Dingus
Public Education
  • Upvote 1

Soo according to this. 

Owning a business that's scheduled for fire inspection can lead to...

Actual fire inspection (real life inspection is lot more painful than simplified IG).

Something to rant about on a coffee break with your friends.

Roleplaying buying said fire extinguishers or ordering smoke detectors.

Business closure if people fail to meet conditions, further law related roleplay.

There is plenty more...yet it is boring cause people only wanna be on receiving end of roleplay.

Well guess what, a robbery victim is rarely on receiving end of roleplay, it's usually onesided.

I personally don't report robberies to cops, cause usually robbers are around watching if victim snitched, then victim gets PK'd later for snitching,

Edited by Engelbert
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Soo according to this. 

Owning a business that's scheduled for fire inspection can lead to...

Actual fire inspection (real life inspection is lot more painful than simplified IG).

Something to rant about on a coffee break with your friends.

Roleplaying buying said fire extinguishers or ordering smoke detectors.

Business closure if people fail to meet conditions, further law related roleplay.

There is plenty more...yet it is boring cause people only wanna be on receiving end of roleplay.

Well guess what, a robbery victim is rarely on receiving end of roleplay, it's usually onesided.

I personally don't report robberies to cops, cause usually robbers are around watching if victim snitched, then victim gets PK'd later for snitching,

gee well with that argument why haven't we included filing your W2 form to the list of things that should be scripted

• Upvote 1