Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

4 minutes ago, Kowboy said:

Can you follow what Frezemis said above or do you really want this thread locked down because of your massive ego? maybe get some more friends to like your posts, maybe that'll cool you off. This thread is legit called unpopular opinions, mine was that SFM needs to be shut, lmao just deal with it and stop hanging on old sorrows.

• backing down after being told how baseless your claims are
  • tagging admins to save you after being exposed
  • passive-aggressive anger in response to being proven unequivocally wrong
  • accusing of a bandwagon and requested likes
  • blindly defending your toxicity and faction-bashing behind a thread which doesn't want your kind of views on it
  • referring to a post made 1 hour ago as "old sorrows"

your opinions are unpopular for a reason, clearly!!

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, joshua said:
  • blindly defending your toxicity and faction-bashing behind a thread which doesn't want your kind of views on it

side-eye-dog-suspicious-look.gif

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, joshua said:

You want a cookie or a special forum badge that says '' nerd'' ?

4 hours ago, Kowboy said:

Anybody with at least 4 years of RP experience  when they look at this SS and see what's wrong just knows, just absolutely utterly knows, do I need to even say it lmao.

SFM_leader.png

Seriously Fire Marshals are as they useless as they come, merge it with FD and remove their LEO powers, they are just power hungry people who couldnt get into actual LEO factions.

😂 What do you mean? 99% of the faction members are in fact in PD or SD.

Shoutout to my SFM fam!

On topic: Economy wipe should happen to better establish different classes of society and have businesses aimed to specifically target those classes.

Edited by Rod
3 hours ago, Fireworks said:

You are required as per the Fire Code to request an inspection on the SFM portal which takes less time than it does for you to drop your ignorant reply here. Once a request is in for an inspection the business may operate as normal without any issues. I don't know who told you that you need to place "15 fire extinguishers" down but they're also naive and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Obviously I was exaggerating a little with the 15 fire extinguishers, but you missed/ignored my main point, which is that this process is not fun

Yes I can't speak for everybody, I'm sure there are some people that enjoyed it, but every single business owner I have talked to did not like the extra hurdle to starting their business. I know of several people who just got fined right off the bat, who were just trying to start up some roleplay that entertains others. Yes that is anecdotal, but I'm willing to bet most business owners feel this way. 

I am not saying that SFM are bad people or bad roleplayers,

Again, I'm saying that the process of opening up a business and having either SFM come to your door and slap a ticket in your mouth, or needing to go on their forums and go through bureaucratic hoops is just unenjoyable. Have you ever try to do something in your yard IRL, like building a shed for example? You need to read like 15 pages of bylaws, then you need to call inspectors over to check it out, just for them to tell you that your new shed it too close to the property line. It sucks, it's a pain, it takes time from your day, and it usually dips further into your pockets. We don't need to emulate every aspect of real life in this game. There's a reason we don't have to fill out real tax returns for our characters, because nobody would want that. 

Yes sometimes permits are necessary. I'm not complaining about PF and CCW permits because I believe having those hoops are necessary for server health, even though I don't know anyone that actually liked filling out the paperwork, hell I don't think the LSPD even likes filling out the paperwork, but they do it because it is necessary. If this was not the case the server would be a warzone, however this is not the case with businesses without inspections. I never went into a building and went "Golly gee, what a fire hazard!" 

3 hours ago, Fireworks said:

I think this server would be a better place if people stopped bashing on other player's roleplay, and instead focused on their own. I play this game to have fun, not for people to cause drama.

I'm not bashing your roleplay, I'm saying I the process SFM has designed (If they are the ones that designed it) in regards to property checks is bad. I think it should be removed. These business owners are also here to have fun, not to get tickets.

Edited by Dingus
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 3

I just want to throw this out there even though it's cooled down,

The one time I want to see this thread locked will be when it'll be no longer active, not because someone couldn't keep it civil. This thread 100% deserves to stay active and not get locked, it's important. It's a thread that allows people to voice their opinions and concerns and that should never be shut down.

Let's collectively do an effort and make everyone a favor and let's not kill this amazing gem of a thread.