Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

7 minutes ago, Anders said:

You don't pay tax anyways, nobody does. Their funds are magic.

No, it is that you're bashing him because of his age which is stupid as you've not even seen him roleplay. You're gatekeeping people because /you/ believe their RP suck.

Now you are putting words in my mouth, calm down.

And no tax is not magic LMAO, when you sell a vehicle or pay for a GC or CCW where do those funds go? Oh yes LSGOV, there is a whole Finance system you should look up before you speak.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

I don't know who told you that you need to place "15 fire extinguishers" down but they're also naive and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

As a business owner I can confirm this to be factual, I've been asked by SFM or whoever inspected my shit to have over 3 fire extinguishers mapped with sprinklers and whatever else or my business can't open. Kinda shitty considering it's supposed to be a low cost business purposefully cutting out on this stuff to save money.

Edited by Jacksquare
2 minutes ago, Kowboy said:

Now you are putting words in my mouth, calm down.

And no tax is not magic LMAO, when you sell a vehicle or pay for a GC or CCW where do those funds go? Oh yes LSGOV, there is a whole Finance system you should look up before you speak.

My brother in christ, LSgov dosnt pay SFM. SAGOV does. LSGov does not pay SAGOV and SAGOV does not pay LSGOV. SFMs funds are magic.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Kowboy said:

Really? from what I know they just check if you have fire extingushiers and bother all businesses

so you're complaining about their roleplay when you don't actually know anything about that avenue at all and have done no research on what they actually do

25 minutes ago, Kowboy said:

and what arsons? I haven't seen that RP in months and its super rare, why keep a tax guzzling faction for 5 arsons a year? It's smth FD can do imo.

again, you're complaining about their roleplay when you don't know that there have been arson amounts almost in the double digits even in the last 6 months, you've done no research but complain anyway

26 minutes ago, Kowboy said:

And if they are LEO's they should act like it, my experiences were horrible, can't count for SFM to help you as a cop when somebody is beating on you in front of them.

hilarious! you're complaining again without having done any research! SFM have been told off by LFM for enacting their LEO powers outside of when it's necessary for an arson investigation or related situation as to not cut into PD/SD's roleplay, same way SAPR were set up to not mess with jurisdictions outside of state parks unless requested on an OOC basis

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Anders said:

Hello. Speaking as someone who's dated people from the LGBT community and not,

Nobody is saying they need the flags or stuff like that to survive, it is more that they need to be acknowledged as human beings which they are not especially in the US which we roleplay in. They are considered sin, the devil, pedophile, groomers you name it. Countless of laws are attempted to remove transgenderism from existence, attempts to make "detransition camps" and of course the whole Soros funded communists wanting to destroy america by making everyone a femboy. This is a 24/7 attack from politicians, media, people, family so you don't think a flag saying you are seen and accepted helps? 

Do you know the suicide rate of transgender people? It's quite high. People here on GTAW can't imagine roleplaying someone who isn't a stereotypical asshole.

The transition process is indeed difficult, lengthy and very taxing. It is expensive, there's always the dysphoria and everything. You are literally changing who you are over years. 

There is a lot of shit people on this server, I am sorry but it is true. People who play trans, people who play lesbian, people who play gangbanger, people who play politicians etc you name it.

Los Angeles is pretty okay with transpeople afaik but again we do not play as LA, we play LS and in LS everyone's prejudice and thought process is gone to the extreme and then some.

Like I said, I wanted to mention this briefly just so I don't come off as some snowflake who is triggered over transgender characters being portrayed as stereotypical fuckmachines with nine inch cocks. What you said is completely valid and whilst we're here, I think it is good that you mention it and bring it to light. It still has little to do with the issue at hand, I was talking about portrayal itself. The stereotyping and dehumanizing of trans characters to the level of ERP bots with traits that aren't even humanly possible.

Transgender roleplay itself is fine, it can be funny at times, even. But I do see how this connects to the real world - trans people getting shit because of a loud minority, this can be compared to transgender characters on GTA World getting a bad rep as a whole because of ERP bots. Just like I said in my post.

I just want people to realize that not every character is going to be like that and that those characters do not always deserve to be ignored, avoided or to be shit talked behind their backs on an OOC level. Like I said, IC prejudice, discrimination and harassment is 100% valid if your character has those kind of viewpoints. To be honest this goes for all characters. Do not throw everyone into one bag, be it trans characters, LEOs or gangbangers. Anyone and everyone deserves to be respected in roleplay, and I do not mean IC respected, I mean OOC respected. You do not go out of your way to NOT roleplay with someone because their character happens to be someone specific. This shit has to end and it is coming to an end, it is an issue that is slowly disappearing within our community and I am proud of GTA World for progressing past that bullcrap.

I do currently roleplay a trans woman character and I've been having nothing but genuine fun, I do hope that my character can be an example of how you can roleplay being a normal trans human without the need to base your character around sexual stuff.

To finish this off, this once again comes back to the real world. People who base themselves around their sexuality, make it their whole personality are frowned upon, ignored, and all for good reasons. They are fucking unbearable, I do not even blame people for being how they are, all things considered.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, joshua said:

so you're complaining about their roleplay when you don't actually know anything about that avenue at all and have done no research on what they actually do

again, you're complaining about their roleplay when you don't know that there have been arson amounts almost in the double digits even in the last 6 months, you've done no research but complain anyway

hilarious! you're complaining again without having done any research! SFM have been told off by LFM for enacting their LEO powers outside of when it's necessary for an arson investigation or related situation as to not cut into PD/SD's roleplay, same way SAPR were set up to not mess with jurisdictions outside of state parks unless requested on an OOC basis

Can you follow what Frezemis said above or do you really want this thread locked down because of your massive ego? maybe get some more friends to like your posts, maybe that'll cool you off. This thread is legit called unpopular opinions, mine was that SFM needs to be shut, lmao just deal with it and stop hanging on old sorrows.

Edited by Kowboy
  • Upvote 1