Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

3 hours ago, Martyn said:

There is a HUGE... HUGE difference between people portraying a transgender woman. And people living out their FUTA femdom 10/10. 

Thus, it is definitely more of an OOC problem rather than an IC one.

This. I mean as an adult, I don't care if people want to fuck. It's preying on others and doing the most publicly that's doing it for me. 

On 5/3/2022 at 6:29 AM, Boland said:

Do a massive server-wide wipe like what happens in Tarkov. Remove all assets.

Also force people to complete 100% of their sentences, introduce cooldown for name changes, offset the $ hit by allowing people to pay to have the cooldown reduced. And make every death a CK. 

At least you followed the topic by posting unpopular opinions

9 hours ago, Dingus said:

Going into peoples driveways and fining their legally parked cars with insurance violations while they are asleep makes you a clown, you're not providing them roleplay, you're just being a goon. Touch grass.

that sounds like an IC issue tho cus that's illegal as fuck. u cant fine someone for having no insurance when theyre parked on private property (their driveway)

sue them for thousands ez

1 hour ago, Kowboy said:

Anybody with at least 4 years of RP experience  when they look at this SS and see what's wrong just knows, just absolutely utterly knows, do I need to even say it lmao.

SFM_leader.png

Seriously Fire Marshals are as they useless as they come, merge it with FD and remove their LEO powers, they are just power hungry people who couldnt get into actual LEO factions.

For starters, SAFM are based on CalFIRE whom have Fire marshals as sworn LEOs in the state of California, SFM are an incredibly useful faction to have in regards to arsons which are far more common that you'd might imagine.  I've seen nothing but roleplay of top quality coming from the faction.

Edited by CertifiedKiller
1 hour ago, Kowboy said:

Anybody with at least 4 years of RP experience  when they look at this SS and see what's wrong just knows, just absolutely utterly knows, do I need to even say it lmao.

SFM_leader.png

Seriously Fire Marshals are as they useless as they come, merge it with FD and remove their LEO powers, they are just power hungry people who couldnt get into actual LEO factions.

Sounds like you do not have any sort of RP experience if you bash people based on their age gatekeeping them from RP. I have my issues with SFM but it is solely IC. OOC they're all nice people, very interested in the job they do and they do provide good RP to people. Your issues with them is IC, try to keep it that way.

12 hours ago, hentai! said:

I don't want to be this one snowflake so please don't take this reply as such, I'm not a SJW or crazy on the opposite side of the spectrum but I am honestly fucking sick and tired of it too. Trans characters get the same treatment that trans people do in real life - someone in the loud minority of the LGBT community does some stupid shit, like saying that for some reason trans people need rainbow or trans-flag-colored sidewalks to walk on, otherwise they will not survive properly, and everyone flips their shit. 

To further prove that I am not going anywhere crazy with this, I wanna state that I do not associate myself with the LGBT community for this reason, a lot of other people who are gay, trans etc. also do not associate themselves with that community. There are some good things they do as a community, and a lot of dumb shit that they do which I will not call them out for because that would completely derail the topic and get me convicted of multiple hate crimes. This post is not my opinion about that community and I do not wish to indulge in any further conversations about it, just stating my position.

It has to be said that trans characters are indeed, sometimes, roleplayed by idiots who do not do their research of what goes into transitioning. Does everyone do this? No.

There are people who roleplay normal, everyday people but they happen to be trans. With jobs, with partners who do they do not cheat on, with careers and decent jobs. The problem also lays on both sides of the spectrum. And I will prove it to you in my next point. I really want to prove a point and I apologize for this not being an unpopular opinion but more of a fact, but it has to be said.

I literally live in the worst county for LGBT people in the EU - Poland. And I am trans. And hear me out... I get less harassment, gossip, weird looks from people when they realize I'm not "real" than I do on GTA World as a trans character. This is not to say that trans characters are often victimized or bullied, but you do see massive amounts of people who just talk shit about them for absolutely no reason and avoid them like the plague.

This comes back to what I said earlier - people not doing their research and roleplaying stereotypical, bland, overly sexualized and perfect characters. Lesbians have already been destroyed by this, now trans people get destroyed because more and more people are aware of the fact that "holy fuck trans people exist lol".

Certain people on GTAW have gone as far as to propose that trans characters should be put behind applications. I think putting anything behind an application is the most retarded move you can make, so let's not do that. Let's call out people who roleplay these bad characters and report them. And do not report them because they are offensive, I can tell you on behalf of trans people in real life, we do not give a fuck about these characters being offensive, we have more serious shit to figure out lmao. Report them for breaking rules - portrayal, realism, but also for being unfit for our community and roleplaying something that is a walking stereotype.

Unfortunately, transitioning is often very ugly, it has a massive toll on your mental health, it is an extremely long process and in the end it might not produce the proper results you wanted in the first place. The chances for very specific things to go wrong with you during transitioning are slim, but never zero. And these sometimes are not properly roleplayed by people, everyone is the perfect trans chick with nothing in particular sticking out until they happen to whip a pair of male genitals out. Working male genitals too, despite the character being on hormones that kill erections and sperm in the majority of trans women, especially when you're at that phase of it where you have the looks you wanted (multiple months or years). I dunno about trans dudes because I have honestly never seen a trans man on this server as a character, but they probably get shit too.

I want to avoid talking about this on any deeper level, because someone might get triggered, but it literally HAS to be said. Not even to soften the harsh treatment that these characters get, but I feel like this has to be said because actually decent trans characters deserve some recognition in our community.

Lastly, my unpopular opinion: trans characters getting IC harassment or hate is real and roleplaying someone who has prejudice against them is totally fine and realistic. Stop pretending like this server is an utopia, it's the same shithole real life Los Angeles is. You might get away with being trans because the state is progressive as hell, but someone will still spit next to you and call you the f-word. But also stop avoiding these characters only because some retard has ruined their reputation for you. Roleplay with them, treating them how your character normally would, if they show signs of being a dumbfuck, /report. End of the thread.

TL;DR: I agree and I hate to agree. Trans characters get shit just how trans people do in real life, good job GTA World, you destroyed lesbians, now you will destroy the trans folk too. This isn't said totally seriously, the fact that people roleplay walking stereotypes doesn't somehow ruin my personal life, but it is sad to see.

Hello. Speaking as someone who's dated people from the LGBT community and not,

Nobody is saying they need the flags or stuff like that to survive, it is more that they need to be acknowledged as human beings which they are not especially in the US which we roleplay in. They are considered sin, the devil, pedophile, groomers you name it. Countless of laws are attempted to remove transgenderism from existence, attempts to make "detransition camps" and of course the whole Soros funded communists wanting to destroy america by making everyone a femboy. This is a 24/7 attack from politicians, media, people, family so you don't think a flag saying you are seen and accepted helps? 

Do you know the suicide rate of transgender people? It's quite high. People here on GTAW can't imagine roleplaying someone who isn't a stereotypical asshole.

The transition process is indeed difficult, lengthy and very taxing. It is expensive, there's always the dysphoria and everything. You are literally changing who you are over years. 

There is a lot of shit people on this server, I am sorry but it is true. People who play trans, people who play lesbian, people who play gangbanger, people who play politicians etc you name it.

Los Angeles is pretty okay with transpeople afaik but again we do not play as LA, we play LS and in LS everyone's prejudice and thought process is gone to the extreme and then some.

49 minutes ago, joshua said:

that sounds like an IC issue tho cus that's illegal as fuck. u cant fine someone for having no insurance when theyre parked on private property (their driveway)

sue them for thousands ez

Finding lawyers is actually impossible lmao, besides public defenders I mean.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Dingus said:

Going into peoples driveways and fining their legally parked cars with insurance violations while they are asleep makes you a clown, you're not providing them roleplay, you're just being a goon. Touch grass.

Also, needing to call the fire Marshals when you open a businesses is an unenjoyable overly bureaucratic process. @ me if you actually had fun placing 15 fire extinguishers in your property, filling out a form, and waiting a week for these guys to show up. If Fire Marshals did not exist the server would be a better place. 

I'd pay taxes to not have Fire Marshals.

Hi bud.

Who says you need to call anybody when you open a business? Literally nobody.

You are required as per the Fire Code to request an inspection on the SFM portal which takes less time than it does for you to drop your ignorant reply here. Once a request is in for an inspection the business may operate as normal without any issues. I don't know who told you that you need to place "15 fire extinguishers" down but they're also naive and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

I think this server would be a better place if people stopped bashing on other player's roleplay, and instead focused on their own. I play this game to have fun, not for people to cause drama.

• Upvote 5
23 minutes ago, CertifiedKiller said:

For starters, SAFM are based on CalFIRE whom have Fire marshals as sworn LEOs in the state of California, SFM are an incredibly useful faction to have in regards to arsons which are far more common that you'd might imagine.  I've seen nothing but roleplay of top quality coming from the faction.

Really? from what I know they just check if you have fire extingushiers and bother all businesses...and what arsons? I haven't seen that RP in months and its super rare, why keep a tax guzzling faction for 5 arsons a year? It's smth FD can do imo. And if they are LEO's they should act like it, my experiences were horrible, can't count for SFM to help you as a cop when somebody is beating on you in front of them.

19 minutes ago, Anders said:

Sounds like you do not have any sort of RP experience if you bash people based on their age gatekeeping them from RP. I have my issues with SFM but it is solely IC. OOC they're all nice people, very interested in the job they do and they do provide good RP to people. Your issues with them is IC, try to keep it that way.

Just because I believe a certain age is a must does not mean I'm bashing it's more of a common sense thing, imo anyways, but you do you man.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Kowboy said:

Really? from what I know they just check if you have fire extingushiers and bother all businesses...and what arsons? I haven't seen that RP in months and its super rare, why keep a tax guzzling faction for 5 arsons a year? It's smth FD can do imo. And if they are LEO's they should act like it, my experiences were horrible, can't count for SFM to help you as a cop when somebody is beating on you in front of them.

Just because I believe a certain age is a must does not mean I'm bashing it's more of a common sense thing, imo anyways, but you do you man.

You don't pay tax anyways, nobody does. Their funds are magic.

No, it is that you're bashing him because of his age which is stupid as you've not even seen him roleplay. You're gatekeeping people because /you/ believe their RP suck.

• Upvote 1