Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

7 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Well honestly I tried take different path, but every second person you meet in the city either is a criminal or has friends, that are criminals. So it is kinda impossible, not to mingle with them. Especially those who tend to flex and use force everytime something doesn't go their way. 

Yep, that's exactly what I was trying to say. In my case, I chose not to be active.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who puts their cologne or perfume in their /examine is a certified noob. I don't know what Lovely Cinder 20c by Cosmopolitan Limited Edition smells like and neither do most people, so why even include it? Whoever started this trend to put perfume or cologne in /examines needs to be banned.

I'd rather someone put their tit size in their /examine than their choice of perfume because at least I can actually envision 38DDs.

Edited by Denise
  • Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, Denise said:

Anyone who puts their fragerence or perfume in their /examine is a certified noob. I don't know what Lovely Cinder 20c by Cosmopolitan Limited Edition smells like and neither do most people, so why even include it? Whoever started this trend to put scents in /examines needs to be banned.

I'd rather someone put their tit size in their /examine than their choice of perfume because at least I can actually envision 38DDs.

Where did this actually come from? 

10 minutes ago, Denise said:

Anyone who puts their fragerence or perfume in their /examine is a certified noob. I don't know what Lovely Cinder 20c by Cosmopolitan Limited Edition smells like and neither do most people, so why even include it? Whoever started this trend to put scents in /examines needs to be banned.

This is why me personally, I describe the scent of the perfume, rather than just the perfume name. I don't expect everyone to know what a certain perfume brand is supposed to smell like. But I do expect the average person to know what roses or lavender smell like, for example. 

If the actual scent is described in a way that everyone can understand, that's okay in my opinion. I do agree it becomes a problem when people don't describe the actual scent and just list out the name of the perfume and expect people to know what it smells like from the name alone.

Edited by ScarletRose
  • Upvote 2
Just now, ScarletRose said:

This is why me personally, I describe the scent of the perfume, rather than just the perfume name. I don't expect everyone to know what a certain perfume brand is supposed to smell like. But I do expect the average person to know what roses or lavender smell like, for example. 

If the actual scent is described in a way that everyone can understand, that's okay in my opinion. I do agree it becomes a problem when people don't describe the actual scent and just list out the name of the perfume and expect people to know what it smells like.

Yeah I agree with you. I should reword what I originally typed. I'm talking about people using specific perfume names, not just generic scents. Most know what vanilla, bubble gum, coconut, etc. smells like, so I think that's fine.

Just now, Denise said:

Yeah I agree with you. I should reword what I originally typed. I'm talking about people using specific perfume names, not just generic scents. Most know what vanilla, bubble gum, coconut, etc. smells like, so I think that's fine.

Jessica Michelle would smell of Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

15 minutes ago, Denise said:

Anyone who puts their cologne or perfume in their /examine is a certified noob. I don't know what Lovely Cinder 20c by Cosmopolitan Limited Edition smells like and neither do most people, so why even include it? Whoever started this trend to put perfume or cologne in /examines needs to be banned.

Yeah lets spend 10 grand on an expensive cologne so we can keep it in our inventories cause a few people don't actually know the smell of it

20 minutes ago, Resick said:

Yeah lets spend 10 grand on an expensive cologne so we can keep it in our inventories cause a few people don't actually know the smell of it

"A few people." Lol. Try everyone on the server. If you ever get someone to PM you and say "yo I love that cologne" then show me and I'll eat my words. Until then, enjoy your 10k deduction and your cologne name that no one recognizes.

Edited by Denise
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, ZaE said:

Jessica Michelle would smell of Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

On the side, that scent is fucking magical so anyone who uses it IC gets a pass from me for having it in /examine

Actually no, explain that is has notes of vanilla and pink pepper and whatever the fuck else they use. Most people won't know what half of these ingredients smell like anyways but at least it's a step in the right direction.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:46 AM, cracked said:

There's too much corruption in SD.

*Wipes tear*
I still have a lot of love for SD, even though I transferred to PD for IC reason and realized I disliked jail roleplay. Some of the corrupt deputies do it very well and are amazing role-players. But they stick to the same character template, which is divorced alcoholic burnt out deputy who is now rough around the edges. This is despite the fact that in this day and age, deputies and police are heavily monitored for corruption and foul behaviour. Even when their characters got CK'd or discharged with permission to namechange, they would come back with the same personality, just a different twisted backstory with a fancy new name.

Swear they got inspiration for their characters from Den of Thieves film.