Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

31 minutes ago, Jennie said:

The rules shouldn't get modified nor modify the game experience to 18+ players because we got underage players, mainly because it's a rated 18+ game.

It requires registered copy of the game to begin with. Which would've been a nice argument if Epic didn't give that game out for free.

Edited by Engelbert
14 hours ago, Engelbert said:

It requires registered copy of the game to begin with. Which would've been a nice argument if Epic didn't give that game out for free.

tbh, their parents provide the internet connection so it's THEIR job to check on what their kids are doing, it's not gtaw's job. if 10 year olds watch the most brutal gore videos on the internet it's not the page's fault either

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

It blows my mind how fast people forget that most of people playing today started playing GTA RP when they themselves were teenagers, it’s not that deep 

I'm not sure it's the same considering that back in those days it was likely mostly kids with some adults (or at least a huge proportion of kids compared to now) and now its mostly adults with a few kids, since kids are primarily into voice RP. 

That and the fact that people that have been RPing this for years keep escalating themes.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Koko said:

I'm not sure it's the same considering that back in those days it was likely mostly kids with some adults (or at least a huge proportion of kids compared to now) and now its mostly adults with a few kids, since kids are primarily into voice RP. 

That and the fact that people that have been RPing this for years keep escalating themes.

It was almost exclusively kids, with a handful of adults. And back then “disturbing” roleplay didn’t even cover rape or torture. Then those adults grew up and now we have GTA W, a place run by something something 25-30 year olds on the verge of a burnout whole desperately holding onto SAMP nostalgia who are so inhospitable to younger players that they barely have a place here. Remember that back when we were kids the pinnacle of “realism” was a SWAT team jumping out of a Maverick with parachutes to kill someone who barricaded themselves on top of the Las Venturas KACC smoke stacks. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but we do an absolutely fantastic job as banning younger players, players who mistakenly came here to have fun. We’ve just had one kicked out because he wasn’t receptive to feedback, was immature, made repeated mistakes and really just logged on to have fun. Sounds like a teenager doesn’t it? 

5 hours ago, eTaylor said:

It blows my mind how fast people forget that most of people playing today started playing GTA RP when they themselves were teenagers, it’s not that deep 

There's a big difference. Back then the rules didn't cater to younger players. Everyone was treated like an adult and that was that. Now we have rules SPECIFICALLY made for minors, which is SO dumb, considering this is an 18+ game to begin with.

Of course minors play this game and are in our community, however they shouldn't be... Just like most of us SHOULDN'T have been in those communities back then, but we still were and no one catered to us. This isn't a kids game so we shouldn't modify rules to cater to players that don't belong here in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Wasloos said:

There's a big difference. Back then the rules didn't cater to younger players. Everyone was treated like an adult and that was that. Now we have rules SPECIFICALLY made for minors, which is SO dumb, considering this is an 18+ game to begin with.

Of course minors play this game and are in our community, however they shouldn't be... Just like most of us SHOULDN'T have been in those communities back then, but we still were and no one catered to us. This isn't a kids game so we shouldn't modify rules to cater to players that don't belong here in the first place.

I just find it hypocritical. 

6 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Back then was me who adapted to the game and the server, not the adults nor the server.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, worldwidee said:

Try roleplaying a character dude. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ea5b9216f9a29fdb205cecc047eb92bc.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Back then was me who adapted to the game and the server, not the adults nor the server.

I think it has more to do with not wanting children involved with degenerate themes, and generally not wanting these themes on the server. I also can’t think of a way to actually police age. 

2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

We’ve just had one kicked out because he wasn’t receptive to feedback, was immature, made repeated mistakes and really just logged on to have fun. Sounds like a teenager doesn’t it? 

GTA 5 alone is 18+, we really should stop catering to teenagers of questionable RP quality and maturity that end up making the actually grown-up people who are here to roleplay leave.

The server doesn't need 800 players out of which 300 are self inserting themselves as a badass who says the N word 20 times a day. It would be far better if it just had 500 people who are here to play a character, rather than themselves.

Ajails for gross rule breaking is a joke, bans need to mean something. If anything, the admins are too soft.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 2