Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

RPing wealth is fine but we need more people actually RPing some sort of rich people life other than just going to cocktail parties and posing with flash cars and expensive houses like they're in a decade old Hip Hop music video.

Everyone is a self-made nouveau riche and there's not enough people RPing crusty generational wealth imho.

• Upvote 1

PHMC shouldn't be a faction. Run it like a business. Allow people to set up clinics of their own more easily (even ghetto versions? blackmarket stuff? organ harvesting?)

Too many law enforcement factions, get rid of just one.

Merge SFM with FD

Revamp LSSD to SAHP

If PHMC not being a business then make people pay for medical bills, even if you're pked. Set like.. Pay 10k? you get out in an hour. Pay 5k? 2 hours. Emergency/no money? 5 hours. ((Could be timeskip of course)) @Mecovy

More holes to throw money at. We are supposed to be a heavy realism server yes? Why is it that the only bills I have to pay, as a business owner, is salaries and bills I myself set up to pay, security and aurum? Where's taxes? income tax? Property maintenance? Could be a weekly thing that could tie in to like benefits in better secure doors or less secure doors if you dont pay your maintenance bill which would allow thieves better or less access to your stuff.

Allow exterior furniture for business owners for a fee instead of locking it behind WP. Please nervoud pls

14 hours ago, Pittfan498 said:

My friend that's where the 0 tolerance policy comes into play. If someone abuses it and buys a home that they realistically couldn't afford - they lose it. 

Also as of current you probably have no neighbors in your VH neighborhood, and if you do it's significantly less people than there are houses. 

Oh I got loads, even Griz is my neighbour.

2 hours ago, Anders said:

PHMC shouldn't be a faction. Run it like a business. Allow people to set up clinics of their own more easily (even ghetto versions? blackmarket stuff? organ harvesting?)

Merge SFM with FD

Revamp LSSD to SAHP

If PHMC not being a business then make people pay for medical bills, even if you're pked. Set like.. Pay 10k? you get out in an hour. Pay 5k? 2 hours. Emergency/no money? 5 hours. ((Could be timeskip of course)) @Mecovy

More holes to throw money at. We are supposed to be a heavy realism server yes? Why is it that the only bills I have to pay, as a business owner, is salaries and bills I myself set up to pay, security and aurum? Where's taxes? income tax? Property maintenance? Could be a weekly thing that could tie in to like benefits in better secure doors or less secure doors if you dont pay your maintenance bill which would allow thieves better or less access to your stuff.

Allow exterior furniture for business owners for a fee instead of locking it behind WP. Please nervoud pls

I swear you're saying this to try provoke a reaction at this point.

12 hours ago, L I C E said:

i have neighbors but due to the state of the server and how remote VH is the second they step outside or even leave their car on the driveway Tyrone DeShawn and Hernandez Hernandez roll up and remind them this is gtaw and they cannot rp in their own yard in safety for longer than five minutes

I think this is a portrayal issue. Idk the statistics but I can’t imagine gang members are roaming the Hollywood hills and robbing people in their front yards. At some point they have to say to themselves “I am ruining the environment here by my shitty portrayal just because I can, I should stop”

I once went on a walk in Mirror Park with my dog and got surrounded by 3 (m)’s with guns, shouting in the middle of a neighborhood, then dragged us into the backyard of a home they didn’t own. You know, because that usually happens in a middle class neighborhood.

3 hours ago, Anders said:

Merge SFM with FD

Revamp LSSD to SAHP

I think having some jurisdiction rules would be nice & really I’ve been saying it for a while, park rangers, SFM, & SAHP could be 1 entire faction. Then you’ve only got 3 LEO factions. 

edit: & when I say SAHP, I mean like a bare bones LEO faction w/ a patrol division & MAYBE air support. No gangs, detectives, CED, or any of that. A third LEO option for when you don’t have the time or desire to go as in depth as PD/SD are currently

Edited by Pittfan498
3 hours ago, Anders said:

If PHMC not being a business then make people pay for medical bills, even if you're pked. Set like.. Pay 10k? you get out in an hour. Pay 5k? 2 hours. Emergency/no money? 5 hours. ((Could be timeskip of course))

lol

well good work on the unpopular opinion. the concept of charging people for medical rp, something the majority of the server doesn’t want or like, followed up by a lack of medical insurance would really be well received and wouldn’t totally backfire.

the concept of ghetto clinics patching up gunshot wounds is a hollywood thing. if a bullet pierces the skin you’re going to have so many issues that a simple stitch job won’t fix. god forbid any of your organs get hit and your homies drop you off at a Dialysis clinic. i work in emergency healthcare, anything short of a major regional trauma center isn’t going to save your life from gunshot wound that threatens it.

Edited by KinnyWynny
8 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

lol

well good work on the unpopular opinion. the concept of charging people for medical rp, something the majority of the server doesn’t want or like, followed up by a lack of medical insurance would really be well received and wouldn’t totally backfire.

the concept of ghetto clinics patching up gunshot wounds is a hollywood thing. if a bullet pierces the skin you’re going to have so many issues that a simple stitch job won’t fix. god forbid any of your organs get hit and your homies drop you off at a Dialysis clinic. i work in emergencyhealthcare, anything short of a major regional trauma center isn’t going to save your life from a gunshot wound.

This so many times over. All these “ghetto doctors” and “garage surgeons” don’t realize there is a lot more to treating a gunshot wound or any other type of penetrating trauma than just stitching it up. Any internal organs that the bullet punctures can suffer permanent damage and you might need a lot of long term care, I’ve met a good few former gang bangers in the real world who now go to dialysis and wear colostomy bags because they got shot 10 years ago. These types of injuries also carry with them a high risk of infection, especially when you get surgical procedures done in a non-sterile environment like someone’s barn. Ghetto doctors being even close to a worth while replacement for real doctors is pure fiction and unless people are going to roleplay the extremely high risk of infection or other complications their portrayal is borderline powergame, which anyone who is advocating how a higher standard of roleplay should be against.

Edited by TheSenate
3 hours ago, TheSenate said:

All these “ghetto doctors” and “garage surgeons” don’t realize there is a lot more to treating a gunshot wound or any other type of penetrating trauma than just stitching it up.

I've been planning to scoot one of my characters into this role, with free off the books medical care having a number of very serious drawbacks. Got shot in the abdomen? Accepting treatment means you can't sprint for the next real world month, because a lot of torso muscles need to recover and anything faster than a steady walk risks tearing the stitching and recovering tissues. Get shot in the arm? It'll be a few real world weeks before you can operate a gun.

But at least the police won't know.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

I've been planning to scoot one of my characters into this role, with free off the books medical care having a number of very serious drawbacks. Got shot in the abdomen? Accepting treatment means you can't sprint for the next real world month, because a lot of torso muscles need to recover and anything faster than a steady walk risks tearing the stitching and recovering tissues. Get shot in the arm? It'll be a few real world weeks before you can operate a gun.

But at least the police won't know.

After almost four months of only playing an LEO on this server - I'm yet to personally see PHMC report a gunshot victim coming in alone, and they treat everything for free.  I'm not sure what the benefit would be going to someone else at this point, especially if it'd lead to far more regulation in how a person is going to rp afterwards.  (Which let's be serious, you wouldn't have a hope in being able to properly enforce unless you followed them about for a month lol)