Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Unpopular opinion:

Stop gatekeeping vehicles + houses.

It's time to realize house requests and vehicle requests aren't needed and only hinder/annoy people who would use them. This server is grown enough to allow players to freely buy and purchase any vehicles or property. If it's abused, it should be a 0 tolerance policy and instantly taken away. Let the person who abused suffer through an appeal process rather than the majority of players who wouldn't abuse and would utilize these items. The hills feels like a ghost town. 

1 hour ago, Pittfan498 said:

Unpopular opinion:

Stop gatekeeping vehicles + houses.

It's time to realize house requests and vehicle requests aren't needed and only hinder/annoy people who would use them. This server is grown enough to allow players to freely buy and purchase any vehicles or property. If it's abused, it should be a 0 tolerance policy and instantly taken away. Let the person who abused suffer through an appeal process rather than the majority of players who wouldn't abuse and would utilize these items. The hills feels like a ghost town. 

i mean imma be real, i dont want some random 18 y/o high school drop out being my neighbour in VH.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Mecovy said:

i mean imma be real, i dont want some random 18 y/o high school drop out being my neighbour in VH.

My friend that's where the 0 tolerance policy comes into play. If someone abuses it and buys a home that they realistically couldn't afford - they lose it. 

Also as of current you probably have no neighbors in your VH neighborhood, and if you do it's significantly less people than there are houses. 

2 hours ago, Pittfan498 said:

Also as of current you probably have no neighbors in your VH neighborhood, and if you do it's significantly less people than there are houses. 

i have neighbors but due to the state of the server and how remote VH is the second they step outside or even leave their car on the driveway Tyrone DeShawn and Hernandez Hernandez roll up and remind them this is gtaw and they cannot rp in their own yard in safety for longer than five minutes

2 hours ago, L I C E said:

i have neighbors but due to the state of the server and how remote VH is the second they step outside or even leave their car on the driveway Tyrone DeShawn and Hernandez Hernandez roll up and remind them this is gtaw and they cannot rp in their own yard in safety for longer than five minutes

At least now there's Castle Doctrine in place so I guess that the next time that some kids wanna break into your back garden to use your pool to get frisky thinking nobody lives there you can just Scarface them all.

23 minutes ago, Koko said:

At least now there's Castle Doctrine in place so I guess that the next time that some kids wanna break into your back garden to use your pool to get frisky thinking nobody lives there you can just Scarface them all.

smirk.png

Another rather unpopular thing. Clinging to realism at all costs is counter-productive and rather hypocritical. If we don't want people to be overly rich for no particular reason, we shouldn't give them opportunities to become so, instead we just police regular options they have saying they can't do this or that, when infact they can.

If you don't wanna people getting rich on 24/7 shifts, don't give them those shifts, or accept the chance, that they can and will amass wealth they will use.

IE if I earned money through roleplay I can use them.

The problem is not the amount of money the players have, the problem is how some of them decide to use it. The number in the top-right of your screen is largely irrelevant. I said it times and times again, albeit not publicly — the problem lies within the players' attitude towards script money & their desire to portray some SecondLife-esque 'perfect' supermodels, with immense wealth and a fervent desire to flaunt it. I'm by no means trying to insult or make fun of anyone, and I genuinely do hope that no one takes any offense, but, let's be real. This is something that's happening here on GTA World, and is/was a problem on all other GTA roleplay servers in existence. Fortunately, a lot of people get bored of it soon enough & decide to give actual character development a shot, but, oh well.

Edited by onefortyseven
spelling
  • Upvote 1