Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

34 minutes ago, Jax said:

Want a cool unpopular opinion?

Reports should be closed as soon as they are created and unlocked after they are picked up by an administrator.
Reading drama on each crap post report is all well and good, but it ain't hilarious when it happens to you, and each member of that group chooses to weigh in with some unrelated comment, resulting in a 2~3 page report before an admin looks at it. It discourages administrators from reading it and picking up the report since it's a clown show of three pages that they have to read.

Why would this be an unpopular opinion? Because people are boisterous and enjoy reading drama, this would essentially stop them.
Whether you like it or not, antagonizers and drama junkies are the big % of this community.

Reports over 250 words should automatically be closed with no action taken. I can't imagine admins want to pick up a 6500 word essay.

Edited by Westen

The server focuses to much on realism, especially when it comes to filing real life paperwork that'll get denied because I accidently had a simple mistake that the reviewer could've fixed, but decided not to and put my Application on hold to be fixed and then took another week to review it again and place it back into Limbo because I misspelled something.

Racist characters are rarely portrayed interestingly, it's always the same generic stuff. Foreigners talking shit in [Insert Language Here] or causing fights for no reason to be slapped with a shitty /me jumps John Doe and all his friends start swinging.

The Quality control on people who are allowed on this server is just bad.

Stop letting the same type of factions open up. We don't need 10 different versions of Street gangs, Aryan, Eastern European, Italians, Asian factions. 

Unofficial groups were a mistake. 

Open a National Guard Faction. 

Open Highway Patrol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

RP'ing gtaw money = irl money is a problem and shouldn't be allowed. Acting shocked when a coffee costs 31$ or a sandwich costs 200$ is just PG in another form.

Shoplifting should just be banned. Seems to only be used as a tool to instigate fights and or get action for when gang rpers are bored.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, cracked said:

RP'ing gtaw money = irl money is a problem and shouldn't be allowed. Acting shocked when a coffee costs 31$ or a sandwich costs 200$ is just PG in another form.

Shoplifting should just be banned. Seems to only be used as a tool to instigate fights and or get action for when gang rpers are bored.

Except beer. It’s always valid to bitch about the price of beer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, cracked said:

This.  I work in a 24/7 a lot and I've just started telling people IC a price that's realistic to RL.   They'll by a coffee for 100$ and IC I'll be like, "Two bucks for the coffee."  They either don't pay because they know it's just IC or they throw two dollars at me IC becuase it's such a small amount. 

I also hate it when people include things that the player knows doesn't exist just to be cute or start an argument.  "Do you take Cashapp as payment?  NO?  Well, why not?!"  or, like, "Do you do discounts as a rewards program?" 

I mean, I get where they're at and it does add a level of realism, but there has to be SOME level of MG in a game that doesn't mimic reality to a tee.

Like asking me if the store has a bathroom.  They KNOW it doesn't.  So I either tell them it doesn't and they put up a stink, or I tell them it does in back (Thinking they just wanna take a quick OOC break or something) and they run me over the coals when it's not there.  It doesn't feel right telling people the building doesn't have a bathroom and it makes it look like I'M breaking realism because realistically there should be.  Gotta MG in SOME occaisions.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:59 AM, Jedai said:

People who roleplay being racist as their entire character identity should just be ck'd

File a RPQM report on said characters. It's the main way you can get these things reviewed.